Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, I'm looking at getting back into this game for Shadowbringers, because fuckyeah Gunblades.

Question is, as far as Gunbreaker goes, is it going to be like the Dark Knight where you have to have a level 60 class and access to the expansion zone to unlock it? Or will it be unlockable so long as you've got the expac bought and paid for?

Also, which servers are the "best" for RP communities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Adept Nightingale posted:

Balmung is probably the biggest overall, but Mateus also has a huge RP scene. I've been running an rp Fc on Mateus for a few years now, it's a good community.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The time I spent on Mateus with a character was way better than anything I'd seen from Balmung. It might get lovely later but if you want to RP it seems like the place.

Cool, it's looking like Mateus is gonna be the place to go when I get around to reinstalling. Thanks for the info

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Started playing again about a week or so ago with a friend of mine.
The original plan was wait for Shadowbringers to drop, since she wanted to play an au'ra, or whatever the dragon people are called, but she only had vanilla at the time.

Of course then, they did the "get Heavensward free!" promotion, and that let us get a head start.

We've both definitely been having a lot of fun with it. We've only made it to level 26 so far, at the part where you have to look for that missing sylph elder in the MSQ, but we're definitely both hooked in a way that we weren't the last time we played.

Of course now I'm out of town until mid-july for work, and I can feel the withdrawal setting in already.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not gonna lie, I paid extra for the deluxe edition specifically for the Revolver gunblade.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SL the Pyro posted:

I'm as prepared for Shadowbringers as I'm willing to get.

Before any of you rag on me for not capping Wolf Marks, here are my reasons:

1) gently caress PvP
2) gently caress PvP
3) gently caress PvP
4) gently caress PvP
5) gently caress PvP
6) gently caress PvP
7) I only do PvP for glamours and I have enough Wolf Marks for a full Gunbreaker set (unless the ShB set is the one I end up wanting, but I really don't think it will be)
8) gently caress PvP
9) gently caress PvP

Why are some of your DoH professions purple?
Honest question, I'm still leveling through vanilla content, so I dunno how things go in the endgame.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I play a roegadyn dude, so I haven't had any weirdness happen to me yet, at least not that I've noticed.
My friend said someone pet her au'ra and kidragora pet once, but that's been the extent of it for her.

She did send me a picture of the chatlog where she was fishing one time though, the highlights were:
"LF goth gf for vore rp!" And someone offering rp lapdances over general.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah. When I ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft, or whatever it's called, a few weeks ago, I let the group know that it was my first time back since vanilla, so I'd probably be rusty and bad at tanking, and everyone was completely chill about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, can't wait to get home so I can unlock Gunbreaker.
Too bad I don't get home until mid-july :negative:

Is there any sort of Discord or anything for the Brynhildr server? I've tried looking, at the very least there used to be one, but, the most recent information I've been able to find about any sort of forum community is over a year old.