Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Queued into Susano EX for the first time tonight, got the triple mechanic whammy gently caress you targeted at me on my first pull, died horribly

10/10 would get skullfucked again :arghfist::saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Countblanc posted:

he should sing the ravana theme in a squeaky little bug voice

someone repost that tweet

e drat it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Augus posted:

This but with Susano

I love Susano's english VO too. Something about the way he yells "Make way!" during the stun lightning mechanic makes me think of a party drunk running on the dinner tables or something.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Can't decide if I want to level PLD or DRK on the side while I'm queues for RDM or otherwise bored. On the one hand, shields are cool. On the other, so are greatswords.

I haven't thought about it much more deeply than that :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still can't make up my mind between leveling PLD and DRK on the side first. Even flipping a coin doesn't work because I just change my mind 20 minutes later.

At this rate I'm gonna level them both to 70 at the same time then abandon them both :suicide:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Post up there reminded me of something. End of MSQ: I know we've said how Zenos is basically Kefka with less clown genes, but it only just occurred to me that the experiments that made him a Resonant possibly drove him mad in the same way Kefka was driven mad my their magitek experiments. Neat parallel.

On the same note I wonder if we're gonna have to deal with the Resonant in the future or if that plotline has been nipped in the bud.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Skaw posted:

Paladin flows incredibly well now, but it's still really basic. FoF Goring Blade, Circle of Scorn, then Royal Authority until Goring Blade is approaching 6~seconds, reapply Goring Blade and hit Requiescat on your last second of FoF, move in to Holy Spirit spam.

DRK doesn't seem all that much more complicated, though, at least on the surface. Biggest reason I can't make up my mind is probably aesthetics, if I'm totally honest. :shrug:

I'll probably do DRK first just because Sidurgu is best dad and I want to see what dumbassery he has to put up with this time :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

wasn't it implied at some point that resonant isn't permanent?

If that implication was ever made I sure don't remember it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bleu posted:

Meme races are all banished to TPT.

Does that include all Monks, then

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've got a sudden hankering to take another look at BLM after work. How did they turn out in Stormblood? The only thing I know is Enochian being tied to AF/UI uptime, I don't know anything about what abilities they got.

How hard they direct critting nowadays? :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Darn. I tried BLM again at 60 and now I want to level it instead of a tank. That's going to be a slooooowwwwwwww painful process.

Especially weird considering I already have RDM at 70.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so BLM aoe before 68, that's still Fire 2 at 4+ targets, Fire IV at 3- targets, and Flare to wrap up at 2+ targets, right?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Got it, thanks. I like how BLM feels now with Enochian difficulty reduced, I oughta have a good time getting that to 70.

RDM is still better though :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Velthice posted:

here's my hot take on the fc's: they're all literally exactly the same but are full of people convinced that they're in "the good one"

Yeah near as I can tell the differences are down to

- TPT is strict on spoilers
- PBC has Macro Monday (i get the sense from linkshells that the other two don't participate in this fine, proud tradition; please correct me if I'm wrong)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Mechanics people can't grasp:

"If you have a purple marker over your head please don't stand in the middle of the party."
"If you have a swirling marker on you please don't move."
"The person is always in the 4th rock."
"Please look for the cloud before dodging.."

Mechanics people can grasp:
"I'm gonna block that loving sword so hard."

I know it's not exactly easy but Susano EX is easy enough that even I can clear it without dying (well unless skullfucked by the triple mechanic wombo combo) so I'm continually amazed when other mechanics there get mucked

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm probably going to hit BLM 68 sometime tomorrow, and I've been trying to figure out how the trait for Flare affects the aoe rotation at that point. Am I correct in thinking you'd want to Fire 2/4 (depending on mob count) twice, Flare with your last heart, then Flare again with your remaining mana (then Convert Flare if it's up)? Or am I totally off track?

Also more generally when do you throw out Thundercloud procs while AoEing, and how many targets do you want before you switch from Thunder 3 to 4?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 30, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wonder how much of the relative difficulty of the current crop of four mans is down to currently being in weaker gear, how much is due to new/more complicated/annoying mechanics (2nd boss of Temple of the Fist oh my gaawwwwwwd) and how much is the devs explicitly turning up the numbers knob.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

queeb posted:

I've just been doing Blizz 3, blizz 4, fire 3, flare flare transpose blizz 4 repeat for AOE with foul/additional flares tossed in with convert and an ether and using thunder IV on pull and its doing just ridiculous aoe damage

Sounds easier (and sexier) than using Fire 2 ever, I'll give that a try when I get to 68.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

thunk is truly one of the great additions to our dead lame forums

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

queeb posted:

yeah exdr is super easy now, and i know people were worried about the aoe pull meta getting nerfed but I've been with each of the 3 tanks as a blm in those dungeons doing multi pulls and just dropping fuckloads of AOE damage out with no issues

On the other hand I've been AOEing as RDM in experts and let me tell you it's a good loving thing that the MP refresh has a threat drop component :cry:

Making me think I should take it on BLM too, actually

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

queeb posted:

diversion seems enough to stop me from taking aggro, and since the aoe rotation usually starts with blizz 3, blizz 4, thunder 4, fire 3, it gives the tank a bunch of time to get an aggro lock

Every once in a while if I think a tank is too big for his britches I'll save up for 75+ mana, wait for him to pull a large pack, then Embolden, Enchanted Moulinet, Manafication, and 3xEnchanted Moulinet with a Contre Sixte before he settles in

If I'm still alive five seconds later I concede the victory :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, you're what I call "Lustrate bait."

Rest assured the healer gets an auto-commend if I survive only through his or her actions :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

For the record the official racial slur list for Eorzea:

Lalafell: Potato, tater, spuds.
Roe: Brick Hardmeat, Gristle McThornBody, Punch Rockgroin
Au Ra: Lizard, Gecko, Snek
Elezen: Elf, Giraffe, Girrelf.
Miqo'te: Catte, Micu'tie
Hyur: Hyur.

Please don't use any other when insulting your tank for the 27th time or you won't be lore accurate.

please add Tallafel and cloud-sniffer to the Elezen list

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Boy I thought on the face of the patch notes Dragoon was getting easier to manage, not harder

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

nailed it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I got the entire Shisui caster set and felt obligated to glamour it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

now if only your computer wasn't rendering your game in ps2 mode

if yyou mean mine yeah i'm bad at gpose :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ramadu posted:

dang all the ladies look cool are there any cool lookin dudes tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBpATa1HUY

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Must be the only one who thinks that's kinda cute :3:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SL the Pyro posted:

The hotkey is gone, but the soul still burns.

Admit it you bought all the Fracture Rikers last thread

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still can't make up my mind on whether to level PLD or DRK from 62. Tell me, how often does DRK get to realistically use The Blackest Night in an encounter? What about PLD and the seemingly-weaker Sheltron?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

/gpose continues to be fun to mess with and Shisui gear continues to be silly

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So to get, like, limit break screenshots or other encounter screenshots do people really just go into /gpose mid fight? :raise:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah to get my screenshots of Vermillion Scourge I just asked my friends to let me get the killshot on a Lakshmi story mode with it.

Ah, clever. Thanks.

Also Vermillion Scourge is still great but I'm gonna be honest I prefer seeing Teraflare

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

If tanks aren't doing enough enmity, they'll just increase enmity scaling while leaving their damage in the gutter. Meanwhile, newbie tanks will have an agonizing leveling experience as they'll be forced to wear jewelry that literally won't help them at all in solo content. Please look forward to it.

Something I never quite understood about tank itemization, why don't they just add a token amount of Strength to Fending gear? Especially now that jewelry is role locked.

Hell they could do it to old Vit gear too because who cares about leveling gear besides newbies anyway

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Because they want tanks to do poo poo damage.

I'm no designer or mathematician of course but I'd think (well hope, I guess) there was some way they could give increased damage to low level tanks, scaling down to what we have now as they approach level cap

I dunno I'm just spitballin', you're right that leveling a tank as a newbie is kinda balls

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Speaking of ternks, before maintenance started I got PLD to 64 and got Holy Spirit, and yeah I like PLD a lot more now.

As a rule when should you be using Clemency, if ever?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

they don't want tanks to do more damage than DPS jobs

which they easily can do now if the dps player is a moron

I was doing about 50% more aoe dps and 10% more single target (in shield oath!!!) than a SMN in the last Shisui I did tonight, it made me want to cry

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Those are some freaky looking screenshots for what is ostensibly the inside of an allagan spider. And they call each floor a "version". Wonder what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

waaaaant