Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Finished The Vault where both Samurai were asking for Protect despite no deaths. Now it won't load my character and I'm getting a 3070 error when I try to log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

vOv posted:

Sickness must be purged.

Look, if the game is gonna take away half my kit, I'm gonna use what I want :colbert:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
A ton of people just got through.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

and they remain silent because?

You could celebrate, but what's going to break next?

Also, it's midnight there.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Three days into the expansion and I've already been kicked from a party for not having enough HP as a tank. Great change SE, tanks doing too much damage really needed fixing.

I mean, were you dying to a pull or a boss, or did they look at your HP and just decide you should have more? Not enough detail here for anyone to honestly comment.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Let me tell you it's really cool seeing people dogpile me for getting treated lovely by pubbies.

Come on man, dogpiled? It's three posters, and one of them is Mord. They don't even count as human. (Source: they logged into FC chat on Sunday and mocked people for trying to do the MSQ. "lol @ everyone who spammed Raubahn" IIRC. gently caress off)

Ainsley McTree posted:

You said the healer didn't do any dps; was he also not healing, or did you have an honest healer and still die?

Honest healers often don't understand how to do that well, either. Just did Susano with a SCH who spammed Physick.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ntan1 posted:

Except SB actively encourages good healers to DPS even more and optimize DPS like crazy due to the lack of cleric stance.

Unless you get one of these poo poo-tiers as your healing support, then you gotta work twice as hard! :argh:

Still managed to keep Aero up :smug:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I'm looking into this game as a new MMO as my interest in WoW wanes, and I usually play healers. I've seen this "honest healer" thing pop up a few times, would you mind explaining what that means?

Healers who refuse to DPS.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Summoner is a hell of a lot of fun to play. Haven't tried Ninja, and now that there's Samurai, I can't imagine I will!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

M.c.P posted:

Oh but god drat can PLD carry a bad healer. First run of lvl61 dungeon had me solo healing the first boss cuz our healer forgot his glam gear was still on.

Did... Did they not know about glamour prisms? :psyduck:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I've never been yelled at in a dungeon when I didn't deserve it

I guarantee you the healers being "persecuted" are all bad

Absolutely. Usually I rake in the comms while healing.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Blattdorf posted:

The more I play Summoner, the more I realize the problem why it's so boring.

The changes to Scholar and Summoner are seriously depressing. With a lot of jobs they did well simplifying them while focusing on what makes them great. They were heavy handed with SCH&SMN, and it shows.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Verranicus posted:

I actually found the music to be repetitive outside of a few exceptions, was pretty disappointing.

They overused the main theme as a leitmotif and it shows. The random battle music, FFS.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Hey all is that choke point early on in Stormblood all cleared up now?

I tend to wait until after the rush to buy MMO expansions and want to be sure I'm not stuck for hours on end behind a 1,000 other players. Thanks.

Taken care of in 48 hours :)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

To be fair, White Mage has always been able to smash actual DPS when doing AOE Holyspam. Yet it's aoe wasn't nerfed.

Patch 2.1!

Holy: Potency has been reduced from 240 to 200.

No, I'm not still salty, why do you ask?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Shy posted:

Hey can somebody explain the difference between a weeb and a final fantasy fan?

No. Nobody can

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

queeb posted:

wasnt BLU a melee class in FFXI?

They were! They were similar to XIV's RDM in that they had some spells and could support heal. RDM in XIV's Raise is unique, though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jinh posted:

1300 potency in the first half second of the fight is too much for you, you little baby?

You are like little child tank.

Holy spam should easily give you enough time to build aggro :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

jalapeno_dude posted:

Is this a general problem with failing to get out of AoEs in time? If so you might want to turn on "legacy movement" in your character settings - I didn't discover this until several months after I started playing and it made things enormously easier.

Also, check your connection speed and ping.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Guys, if it's dark and you want to show off your glamour you can use the Character menu picture, or go inside. Gold Saucer ain't got no lighting issues.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

motoh posted:

But... /gpose has lights in it.

We're dealing with people who don't understand "it's dark outside at night," you think they can operate gpose??

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Hellfire claws are also a good monk glamour.

Hell yeah, used those to hide the shame of my Kinna Claws when I hit 60.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Hmmm. Finally got the game up and running properly, and have all the goon guilds moved to not-Japan already? Didn't see any of the three in the Goblet or Mist.

PBC won't be moving. We're at plot 13 in the first ward of The Goblet.

We're <<wild>>, pure, and forever free!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

jalapeno_dude posted:

So I'm a SMN main who hasn't even bothered doing the quest to unlock SCH yet, but these DPS queue times are tempting me to pick it up. What are the best things to run to get the hang of healing in this game? Obviously I'd start with Hall of the Novice and then Sastasha, but what should I do after that to make sure I'm ready to do Expert Roulette, Trials, etc?

Just keep doing story and job quests. Be sure to check out the 50 and 60 dungeons!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Just lamenting that we had to trade Thancred's shred of a character so Yda could... become not much. He didn't even comment on her skimpy outfit!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

EponymousMrYar posted:

Running all 4 raids to get 8 people the tokens they want is really freakin' exhausting. My personal pro-strat is 'need on whatever I want, make no bones about if I get something or not. unless it's a chain/bolt, those are the most translatable tokens GDI why didn't I get a chain or bolt that run.'

Do it on the weekend so half the people helping already have their drops?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vitamean posted:

I don't think you need to do them all at once, or even as a full group - even rolling in as a stack of six means you have a much higher chance of getting what you want than going in by yourself.

Like it doesn't even have to be a set, static time. It's just weird to me that there's such a large pool of people on excal allegedly willing to help yet I see people in this thread complaining about solo queuing multiple times and coming out empty handed.

Goons are bad at social interactions, but the FCs end up developing cliques too. I made the mistake of trying to help one of these cliques and got silently booted from the party afterwards as a lovely thank you.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

name and shame

There's no need for that, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Philonius posted:

My dream is still to find a group of people to raid once a week for at most 2 hours with. I can justify blocking that off in my schedule. Unfortunately most people who are actually competent at the game tend to want to raid more than that, and people who want the same laidback schedule can be hard to get to show up consistently.

What about Tuesdays and Thursdays? :shobon:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

And why does this matter? Not trying to be be a jackass about it. I'm sincerely asking. Yes, the gear is better than the previous raid tier, but it is coming after that raid tier. But it is inferior to the newer raid tier, so there is still something to go after. It is also optional. So why does it matter?

To make gil off impatient/lazy people?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

These super great for the level WHM panties would be less insulting if the entire point of the quest hadn't been about assembling ceremonial vestments and I got amazing level 45 blue gear for everything except the chest.

Learned holy at the end, but I'd rather have a robe.

Doesn't matter, got Holy. Congratulations! You now have the best job ability in the game. It's an AOE stun, so your new goal is to use it ASAP in a fight.

Your gear woes are near an end, too - at 50 you can glamour anything you can wear atop your shame.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, at this point I'm considering whether I'm going to buy the expansion or not. Played the game for a couple weeks on the free trial to get up to 35, and now up to 46 after a bit less than a week. Rested xp is a hell of a thing - my main story quest I'm on is still only level 40.

The end of the MSQ is pretty fun, but everyone has it on farm status. Decide if you want to watch cutscenes OR fight bosses before The Praetorium.

After that, I recommend this before diving right back into the MSQ. https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Gentlemen Then swap between as desired.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Sinteres posted:

Alternately, ask goons to go with you so you can watch cutscenes and fight bosses. There's no guarantee everyone will drop what they're doing, but a lot of goons are very pro-cutscene and think people deserve to enjoy that instance without being screamed at by pubbies.

Astroniomix posted:

A single level 60 paladin can solo all of prae, so you only need to get one or two people.

Oh poo poo, forgot you can do that. I'd be happy to solo Prae, be sure to ask in the FC when you get there!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Skaw posted:

Wow, Dusk Vigil loving sucks

Agreed!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SettingSun posted:

Are you saying you hit 70 before you finished Bardam's? Because verity only drops when you run things at 70.

I can believe that, I was 70 before the next dungeon thanks to roulettes and Raubahn EX holding up the MSQ.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

One who single pulls and never enters DPS stance. Not nearly as bad as an honest healer in terms to extending dungeons though.

Mord plays a healer, right? Wondering if the tank did what they had to so the party would survive. :laugh:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Jinh posted:

When playing sch with another healer in the party are there unspoken rules about which healer does what? Sch has kinda weak aoe heals due to CDs on indomitability and emergency tactics so are you supposed to get the tank/ot and help out with indomitability and stuff when appropriate?

I never see healers discuss what role they're taking so I figure it must just be an obvious thing I don't see.

We're silently judging you, don't worry.

As SCH, the ideal is you know the fight and will shield the big attacks. As WHM, my spell usage (and vulgarity level) will depend on how much damage is absorbed, and how badly I'm outdamaging you.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Minrad posted:

Speaking of which, doma castle's second boss felt oddly familiar but I couldn't place where from. Was looking at a list of FF7 bosses the other day when I was talking about ideas for O5-8 and o9-12, and noticed this jerk

This guy has been in dungeons and I don't think enough people are talking about it

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 20, 2017

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Samurai trip report with 1800+ crit/DH and 630 sks: it's good. Even if it feels like molasses compared to monk.

Isn't Monk the fastest class thanks to GL3? I don't see that changing any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Close chat and imagine that your partners in dungeons are just really poorly written AI

REALLY poorly written AI, indeed :v:

"Why do you keep casting Medica?! No one's taking damage! Use Stone!!"