Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
On the same note as the DRK and grit questions; should I be bothering to go into sword oath during stormblood leveling dungeons? I can survive for the most part without shield up, but at least at level 67 I can not hold aggro at all on anything but bosses. I could probably spam flash more but I feel like eating the time flashing in shield could be better spent spinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Just wondering, is there any goon presence on Exodus?

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Does anyone else have issues with 90007 error disconnects, except only when dx11 is enabled? This is the only game giving me trouble and I'm not sure if that's even what's causing it. It doesn't happen when it's running in dx9, but ACT won't work then.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
I'm so hyped for the WAR changes. It's gonna be a real trip until I eventually get sick of throwing out billions of Fell Cleaves constantly.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Oh dear, I just watched some videos on the changes for PLD and DRK and now my stalwart decision to continue WARing it up has been shaken.

I'm just going to pretend the Squall class doesn't exist, 'cause it's probably awesome.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Magil Zeal posted:

Personally I like FFXIV's battle system a lot, when I tried to go back and play some WoW it just felt like button mashing for the sake of it. Maybe that's just due to being that many years older than I was when I last seriously raided in WoW (which was vanilla). The slower, steady pace of XIV suits me just fine.

But the one thing that annoys me in other MMOs and MMO-likes is the idea of skipping content. Like, I don't play a game so I can go into a dungeon and sneak past mobs, exploit geometry and/or pathfinding so I can not use my abilities. Maybe it's a weird thing to get hung up on but it really bothers me, and I vastly prefer FFXIV's dungeon content approach where you do fight every group of mobs, maybe you pull 2-3 packs together and AoE them but that still leaves plenty of room to use your abilities correctly to make it go faster. I feel really awesome when the tank pulls together a big pack and I bust out bane/demi-Bahamut to make it evaporate. The idea that it could be more efficient to just skip that altogether annoys me to no end, at least partly because if you can skip content then if you get matched into that content with other players you're going to be expected to skip it. It's not really an option at that point, and if content exists to be skipped then why is it there? Anyhow that's my rant.

The overabundance of trash and the expectation that you should learn the correct routes to skip as much as possible is the most recent reason why I bounced off of WoW, again. I wish I had a screenshot of The MOTHERLODE!!!'s first like 5 seconds where the screen is practically filled with nameplates of enemies. There's the expectation that you aren't going to be fighting all of them, but then why even put them there?

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Minrad posted:

hosed up that Yoshi disabled healers and tanks on everyone's accounts and told people to use the trust system if they wanted to experience four man content. Extremely suspicious considering the game's growth. Is it possible Blizzard has a man on the inside?

I don't think I have a single dps class past 40

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
I've never gotten a DPS class past level 30, is the best way to level them just doing FATEs or just grinding PotD until I want to die, outside of the obvious roulettes?

MNK looks really, really cool but I've never really had to deal with queue times so I'm unsure what to do, if anything at all. (Partly, I'm afraid that tanks will have a queue time like with HW launch.)

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
I just had a party where we wiped in Sohm Al on the first big pull, so I proceeded to pull more slowly so the healer could keep us up. The healer proceeded to complain that I was pulling too slow, so I pulled more and then we wiped again.

I didn't get mad in game but, lemme tell you, I was mildly perturbed irl.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

jabro posted:

Did you tell the healer the reason why you were pulling slower or just goon out and yell to your monitor?

Nah, the WHM wasn't casting holy or anything more than occasional heal, so I didn't want to start anything over the dungeon taking a few minutes longer than normal.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Holy is so good and like 90% of the reason to be a WHM over the superior SCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Flavahbeast posted:

the final final end boss of Drakengard 1 and Drakengard 3 is an extremely difficult rhythm game

Here's a youtube of Drakengard 3's final boss (nsfw kinda): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg if you miss any of the pulses, including the ones that play after the screen darkens and the final cutscene starts, you die and have to start the rhythm game over

I have absolutely no idea what I just watched here, but that seemed pretty hard.