Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Has anyone seen a Slaanesh demon/Emperor's Children 8th ed battle report video anywhere? I can't seem to find one, and I'd like to see how some of the units like noise marines and slaanesh demons fare. TIA

Edit: Turns out Phil (Glacial Geek) kinda has one, but the slaanesh demons he fights against are cringey as all gently caress. Dude modeled tits on his hellbrute. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KauOE5I5g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

parabolic posted:

Since both the CSM Lord and Sorceror are unavailable from GW online, and probably because it would be more fun anyways, can I outfit some spare unhelmeted plague marines with the correct wargear to serve as Lords and Sorcerors? They're available to Death Guard and I would like to have the re-rolls on 1s for plasma and access to both Warptime and Prescience from the general psyker discipline while still blending in with the more Nurgle-y aesthetic.

Anything to keep in mind in terms of making them stand out, or generally more acceptable as stand-ins? How do people generally feel about wings standing in for a jump pack?

I kmow this is a standard response, but for real, check eBay. I got my terminator sorcerer from someone's assassinorum and my CSM lord from dark vengeance both new on sprue for like :10bux: total shipped.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Hencoe posted:

I wish that was the worst thing that particular individual has modeled tits on. That's my local area and i've seen some poo poo

:stare: I bet. So is Phil really a cool dude to play with? He seems super chill and fun.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm certain they'll have a Chaos Triumvirate box in a few months with Mortarion, Abbadon, and some demon jabroni.

I sure hope so. I would love some hints at new stuff other than SM and Death Guard.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

:sung in Crossfire jingle voice:

Crosspostiiiiiin!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

One of Phil's friends made him into a Glacial Geek Primaris Librarian who's smite is a concentrated WOOOO :kimchi:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

The Sisko posted:

Ask and ye shall receive!
:unsmigghh:

Literally :unsmigghh:

Love it.

Edit: now we need an SA smiley challenge. Oh wait you won.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Just picked up Fabius Bile and Abaddon at my flgs for $20 together :dance: anyone have any experience with them in 8th?

Also thanks for another fantastic badcast. Definitely my most looked forward to podcast now.

:sparkles: Fuckbois4lyfe :sparkles:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's even called Absolutely not Abaddon.

Is he holding a chaos version of the Eye of Thundara?

Uroboros posted:

So there is a new knock off abaddon that shits all over the GW one.

https://goo.gl/images/H5fmjw

Also :argh:

Maybe I'll paint up the old school one and sell it locally, because now I really want that one.

Edit: oh it's wargame exclusive. They make some really cool, and really dumb models. I love their inquisition vehicles, not such a big fan of all their naked stuff though. :confuoot:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Oh yeah? Awesome! I almost bought other poo poo today too, but I'm going to wait on the new codex. I'm sure the death guard are going to get way more fleshed out ( :haw: ) before anyone else in chaos gets new toys though.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Chaos Marines book comes before Death Guard book.

Oh, I was referring to new models. I just figured that the two dark imperium armies were going to get the new stuff first.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

gently caress building these new dread legs.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

Thank you to the goon who suggested getting the GW mold line tool. It's stupidly expensive and I used to mock it, however the metal is much more hefty than I thought, also the edges are surprisingly sharp- although not knife blade sharp. It's hard to explain, it's like the edges are perfect 90 degree angles. My only complaint is that the wood handle lacks a good grip texture and probably should have a larger diameter.

I helped one of the store managers at my flgs build two of his new dreads last night for his apocalypse game today, and I off-handedly mentioned this tool and it's rumored greatness. A few hours later once we finished, (again, gently caress building the legs on this thing) he comes back to the table with one and tossed it to me in thanks for helping him build them! :3:

I used it to clean up the lines on one of the dreads, and dammit if this thing isn't like spreading butter. It works so well and has a nice feel to it. Exacto knives, even the back of the blade, doesn't have the rigidity and precision of this thing. It just floats along and cleans things up.

Never not spreading butter on my hams.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

That loving EC stratagem is loving :awesome:

I only have about 800 points of Emperor's Children, but that consists of a hellbrute, sorcerer terminator, possessed, chosen, cultists, and daemonettes. Not including characters.

Can't wait for this codex :dance:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

JBP posted:

EC have always strike first and a second round of shooting strategem. loving what up.

Don't forget the 5+ fnp psychic ability.

SteelMentor posted:

Time to strap on the dong armour lads.

:sparkles::respek::sparkles:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 1, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

TyrantSabre posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a goon 40k Discord server or something?

I too, would like such a thing.

professor_curly posted:

Tau :science:

This is good advice.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Serotonin posted:

I had my first totally miserable game of 8th last night. 1000points of my Tau vs Thousand Sons list with a land raider, demon prince, United of cultists. couple of units of Rubric and a couple of characters.

Our fusion are great for popping vehicles and things with no invulnerable save, but not so great at infantry.

Smite must target the closest visible enemy unit within 18". Use your stealth suits to drop a homing beacon with a commander to soak that up. I would kit the commander out with 2 CiB, shield gen and stim injector and 2 shield drones. Use your other commander to agitate at 24" with plasma and marker drones, or keep him in the back to protect anything that gets close with fusion.

Use 2 missile-sides and focus fire the units with the psykers. Remember to use shield drones to protect anything close enough to take mortals from smite.

You want them to react to you, not the other way around. Lure them in, control the map, and make them shoot/target what you want them to.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Holy gently caress, Fury of Khorne strategem letting heretic astartes immediately fight again at the end of the fight phase is going to obliterate poo poo off the table.

Edit: especially Khorne Berzerkers

Fight, pile in, fight, pile in, fight, pile in.

Bye bye imperium gunline.

:unsmigghh: :black101:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

Do any of you guys ever play music while hamming it up with your friends for garagehammer? I have a couple soundtracks that I rotate, so i thought I'd share. I use:

- The Dawn of War II soundtrack by Doyle W. Donehoo. He also did one called The Wages of Treason which is really epic and appropriate for Warhammer.
- The Starship Troopers soundtrack, obviously.
- Lastly, sometimes when I'm playing against my friends Guard army i'll throw on The Best of the Red Army Choir. He very much appreciates it.

It has a stupid name to the video, but it's about as epic as it can get. I might have seen this either in this thread or the YouTube thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RHyMEDNH-4

The Dawn of War II soundtrack is a good idea, so is the movie soundtrack channel on Pandora.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

Oh man this is real good. Thanks for this.

No problem! There are a few more in the suggested videos panel on that video.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Gonna cross post 'cause I don't know how many people visit the paints thread:

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Here's my attempt at Fabulous Bill

Not sure if the rubber gloves thing is hokey or awesome. What do you guys think? I tried to make the cane marble like in the index, and this is my first attempt at flesh tone on a face.

Sorry for the blurry images. Galaxy core prime has a doodoo camera.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I was really holding out hope that noise marines and the like could still be taken as troops for their cult legion. :( but it's not like I even have the models yet anyways :v:

I'm loving my Emperor's Children army though! Daemonettes are so fun to throw at stuff. They are like little blenders that claw up anything they can get to without dying. Also, Abaddon is a loving monster. I was using a sorcerer terminator to warptime him around my enemies back line, and he just blows through packs of troops like they aren't even there.

Which brings up a question I have about his sword. I was just dedicating 1 attack to Drach'nyen, and the other 5 to the claw. This seemed to make the most sense since it's number of attacks is determined by a D6 when he fights with it. Do those attacks count toward his total number, or was what I was doing the best way to get the most out of him in melee? Or was I flat out cheating accidentally? :ohdear:

How do you guys that run him use him in melee?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Oh no poo poo. See, I thought using Drach'nyen counted as one of his base. That's even better! :unsmigghh: thanks for the heads up. :respek:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Rano Pano posted:

I think it looks cool but...

Done. :v: I too think it looks cool. The paint is amazing, and those burst cannons look awesome too.

John Woo option: get the doves bit from the Celestine model for added drama.

Edit: My favorite part about modeling up my Tau was posing them. I made my Emperor's Children army pink not only because it makes sense and looks cool, but my flgs also has a bunch of beefman smashbro armies. As I was painting them, people were like "...pink? :raise: okaaaay" which confirmed my decision was the correct one.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 14, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I was just looking for a new case myself and found this:

Tabletop Tyrant Miniature Wargaming Storage / Model Cases, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456006192/tabletop-tyrant-miniature-wargaming-storage-model-0

I like the way the bag zips down, as opposed to reaching in. Seems pretty reasonably priced too.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Booley posted:

Too many words, not enough pictures. Blood angel poo poo I've finished recently. The decals on the repulsor are a little hosed. I didn't get a good enough gloss coat on before putting the decals on. Oh well, at 350 points I don't know how often I'll be fielding it.

Hot drat :perfect:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I'm torn. I want to field Abaddon alongside my Emperor's Children, but I also want to stay fluffy. Has there ever been an instance when this has happened post-Heresey, or am I just a filthy min-maxing ham for wanting to do such a thing?

:thunk:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

jng2058 posted:

It'd be the latter, but that's okay, we're all filthy min-maxing hams to one degree or another here. :shrug:

I figured as much. I can technically do whatever, but I think I'll stick with Lucieus for the time being. Ol' Zeke is just so much fun to blast through poo poo with.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Von Humboldt posted:

Eh, he's the Warmaster. Way I see it, you got two equally fluffy routes to take -
1. These are former Emperor's Children who signed up with the Black Legion. This is totally a thing that happens in fluff, though apparently they're widely disliked by the rest of the Emperor's Children. Works for both giving them Black Legion tactics (they are truly part of the Black Legion now!) or Emperor's Children tactics (we literally just signed up/are insular and not adopting Black Legion customs.)
2. He's the Warmaster. Maybe he bribed, threatened, or otherwise coerced their warband's leader into fighting; maybe they're just along for the ride on one of his Crusades and he wants to make sure that they aren't messing up anything important.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

If I ever get around to doing CSM it'd be a Black Legion/Emperor's Children warband, so do it! The colors even work out well.

Justified. :toot:

As it stands, I can run my emps in a vanguard and black legion in a supreme command until I get more models. Bonus points for Black Legion being easy to paint!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Anyone use any cool and fun apps for micromanaging stuff like who has what relic/trait/icon etc, command point/strategems/VP?

I use battlescribe for a quick reference, but I was just wondering if I was missing out on some lesser known but useful 40k apps or something. :ohdear:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Frobbe posted:

These are too adorbs to go in the unspiration thread

Some comparisons

the polar opposites of bigmars, it's scruntmars!

Those baby dreads are :kimchi: as gently caress.

Where can I get these lil mans?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Frobbe posted:

take a really good luck at them, a REALLY close look. The secret is then revealed.

bonds0097 posted:

They're made entirely from marine shoulder pads, it's crazy.

:monocle: this makes them even cooler!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

chutche2 posted:

Have you guys never heard of "rods from god"? These are rods dropped from orbital velocity that are going 8 km/s when they hit the ground. Do you think those slow to terminal velocity?

I don't know if the Sword of Damoclese satellite is real or not, but a boy can dream. :allears:

The best named weapon.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

A disgusting yet revitalizing soda may be the thematic key for my Nurgle/Slaanesh team-up army...

Papa Nurgle's Watermellon Slaanesh SeXPunch!™

It's Disgustingly Resilient!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

So I'm looking to flesh out ( :v: ) my Emperor's Children/Slaanesh army a bit with some shooty units other than vehicles. I was thinking Obliterators or Havocs, but I've never used either, nor have I seen them used. Are these my best options, or am I overlooking something? :ohdear:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

That is one serious Pro-Pipe. :stwoon:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Skails posted:

If I ever got a hold of some nids I would want to paint them up something like this:

Grey/white on the body with black joints and forelimbs, yellowish upper limbs and then the yellow/black pattern on the armor plates.

Ooo i like that idea! I would do something like this:

I always thought the poison frog look worked well on nids. Never liked the stock color scheme.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

loving kudos SRM for powering through that fanfic-ception. I was riding my bike and groaning out loud when I heard it. All I could unfortunately picture was a loving deviant-art esque necron with skrillex hair and :byodame: makeup.

You bastard.

The fuckbois need this :vomarine: smiley, only pink armor and rainbow vomit. Also maybe definitely sparkles.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

So I wanted to add some shooty to my Emperor's Children Fuckboi army and went and bought a Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought. I was thinking of building it with the grav-flux and butcher cannon array. Anyone have experience with this thing on the table?

On paper the guns look ridiculous, but I want to have an idea of which arms to buy because I'm going to kitbash the gently caress out of this thing, and I don't plan on magnetizing it.

Also, anyone know where I can find some fun slaaneshi/chaos alternative bits? I have an idea of what I want to go for, but I don't know what's out there and I could miss out on some fun stuff. :ohdear:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

How the hell do I add a FW model to my detachment in battlescribe? I mean, I know how to add them to the list, but it adds an entire battalion detachment rather than adding them to the current one. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

SRM posted:

What do you do when the game's not going well and you're not having fun? What do you do when your opponent is having that experience?

I'm a really upbeat and casual player so people usually feed off my energy. I like to make truck sounds when I move vehicles, get excited when my units blow up and kill all my dudes, and I'm really laid back about opponents doing stuff they forgot like psychic phase and junk.

I just try to be a positive and fun person who roots for both sides because I like seeing stuff blow up regardless of side.

I once shot an overcharged plasma pistol from my chaos lord at a rhino with 1 wound. It blew up the rhino killin his 3 remainin marines, which also blew up my hellbrute after I command point re-rolled the failed explosion, which in turn killed my entire chosen squad leaving the objective open to my singular cultist.

All in the name of fun! :yayclod: