Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does Night Lords go into detail about Mr. Night Haunter, or is it mostly about the legion

It talks a lot about the Primarch, and his legion's differing views on him post-assassination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm the secret Emperor's Children pretending to be Imperial Fists

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

JBP posted:

Come to Lorgar's BBBBQ. The extra BB is for BYOBBB.

What's that extra B for?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Even the geneseed of the original chapters is prone to mutation and genetic drift. Imperial Fists can no longer spit acid or go into suspended animation.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I've had two pots of White Scar be complete grainy trash, never ever buy White Scar

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

So my older brother moved at the beginning of the month and left his place an utter mess and left behind a bunch of poo poo too(probably because technically the rent on that house wasn't in his name), anyway while cleaning the place up and sorting out which of the stuff left behind would be given away/thrown out or sent into storage, I ended up bringing home a decent amount of stuff, foremost among them is the majority of the Tau army he convinced me to buy almost 8 years ago cause he promised to build and paint them for me and then proceeded to barely do anything with for the entirety of that time, so now I have a bunch of tau that are barely assembled or painted, many of which are missing parts near as I can tell, and honestly I'm not sure if I should even bother trying to get these guys into a playable condition(especially since I don't own any of the supplies needed beyond some tools it and the Gunpla hobby share, nor do I have any of the needed current rulebooks), or if I should just sell them and try and recoup some of what I paid all those years ago, maybe I'll take some pics later of them all and let you guys help me decide on that

If you don't feel like painting them or getting back into the game itself, just get rid of them, otherwise they'll just be taking up space in your house.

Other option; if you're bored, assemble one or two and and muck about with painting just to see if it's something you'd enjoy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The Demilich posted:

Is there a kit bashing thread?

I've got Iron Warriors and Squats I'm working on and would like some feedback. Plus I need help finding more dwarf bits :(

I take it you're using a lot of Kharadon Overlord parts?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The Demilich posted:

I actually started with the BloodBowl Dwarf team, but I did pick up the Arkanaut kit as well because I wanted more dwarves.
My issue is I hate steampunk and the AoS dwarves are swimming in it. I hate the helmets the Arkanauts came worn and would like to swap them with uncovered bearded heads, but finding those seems impossible. The only site I've seen that has any stock at all is megabitz, and the selection is pretty limited.

I also need dwarven shields as well. If I can't find any that aren't a ripoff I might go with the Van Saar energy shields I guess. Not too sure honestly.

Ramshackle Games do separate dwarf heads, though I'm not sure about their quality

There are a bunch of Kings of War dwarf bits that you can get on various reseller sites/ebay, they do helmeted heads and separate shields.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Does anyone in the UK have any of the Sicarian Infiltrator heads (the dome shaped ones) they're not using? They're surprisingly hard to get/expensive on Ebay and bits stores

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Yea, when I take models off bases I use a blade to slice under their feet. It's a little tedious and you have to be careful about applying too much force but done right you can slice them right off without a big risk.

Good way to cut your thumb, too.

I cut myself doing exactly this on the weekend

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Snail Information posted:

Has anyone ever seen or know of skeletons kitbashed as guardsmen. Maybe it's as simple as buying some skele kits and kitbashing them to be holding lasguns. It's surprisingly difficult to find model skeletons these days. The only ones I know of are the super busy AoS ones, and the warlord games ones which look very Halloween themed. I really want to do a spooky skele regiment of guards for halloween.

How about these bad bois as a source of bits?
https://store.warlordgames.com/products/skeleton-warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

can't monetize on SA, so no sharing copyright goonhammer images/links for OPs on dead internet forums where their community started

don't want to damage The Brand