Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They're very nice, but I am afraid that I cannot in good faith endorse the use of Urinal Ventris. Those books sucked arse.

My favorite part was where he rides in a spooky demon train and crosses vast amounts of space. Or maybe when said character is trusted to be put in charge again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Never not tall hat.

:chaosdwarf:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

GreenMarine posted:

grappling hook

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

My... My God...

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I wonder what the chances that we see Emperor's Children rules in the new CSM codex. I assume we won't get rules for Emperor's Children because I assume we won't get rules for World Eaters, Death Guard, or Thousand Sons. Though thinking about it I could see getting some Stratagems for having all Slannesh marks across your army or whatever.

I just hope the other Traitor Legions get some rad powers.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Pendent posted:

Bolter Drill is sort of superceded by the Captain reroll bubble, to be entirely fair.

You'll probably get something around being stubborn- maybe losses aren't factored into morale tests. That seems fairly comparable to the Ultramarine tactics in terms of power.

It is going to be +1 armor save in cover it something like that. I could see a stratagem to reroll failed saves if in cover. Defensive powers make more sense to me that accurate with guns.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Ah the answer to "crisis and broadsides are way overpriced" is "just buy some forgeworld drones for them"

Go ahead and link me the drones, I'll buy em.

Edit: which of these is a heavy gun drone ?
https://imgur.com/gallery/1Vg7h

:eyepop: Jeez, dude.

Also, Broadsides are good as hell.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

Welp it looks like my primaris marines finally have their gimmick.

:patriot:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

SRM posted:

one has to paint caution stripes on all their poo poo so they know which end's the dangerous end

They are just very concerned with safety!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

GreenMarine posted:

Pert was friends with Fulgrim, until:

1) Fulgrim drags Pert into the Eye of Terror.
2) Fulgrim has perfumed followers dancing around and killing each other. The IW solders watch and have no idea what's going on.
3) Fulgrim tries to drain Pert's soul to transfigure into a daemon prince, which works but Pert doesn't die.

This sort of destroys their friendship.

Sometimes your Sexy Snake beauty regimen takes some effort. Frankly, Perturabo should be pleased Fulgrim picked him for the job.

The best part of that book is that the Iron Warriors have to build an elaborate theatre before Fulgrim will tell them where their field trip is going.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Serotonin posted:

Converted some World Eater close combat Terminators. First conversions I've done in decades. Fairly pleased with them

These are some amazing, angry boys.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

One of the things I really like about the ForgeWorld Horus Heresy books is that for most of the Heresy it was purely a political rebellion. The fact that the main motivation for most of the Primarchs is being mad at the Emperor rather than everyone just doing it for the Chaos Gods is way more interesting than Chaos Marines are in 40k.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

I know nobody will care, but I'm saying it anyway.

40K is doing that thing it does that bores the life out of me. Exploring in excruciating depth the amazing "variety" of it's Space Marine chapters. I understand that SM are the most popular faction, but it gets dull hearing about how the Crimson Fists are different from the Ultra Marines are different from the Space Wolves are different from the Blood Angels are different from the Salamanders are different from the Imperial Fists, etc. etc, etc... Ugh. How about a little bit of the limelight for the "villians" of the piece?

I know the lesser armies will get some coverage eventually, but after the initial hype I'm left wanting for some details about anything but the power armor poster children.

:same:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Updated with gun arms:

Hey, nice to see you back man. Minis are looking great as always.

Those boys are sick :vomarine:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

EC have always strike first and a second round of shooting strategem. loving what up.

:evilbuddy:

This Emperor's Children stuff is better than I expected. Going to have my beautiful boys kill so many Biglys.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

GreenMarine posted:

Argh, my list is 2001 points and the way they do points and upgrades in this edition (with entire squads usually getting the wargear change) it makes it hard to make an adjustment to fix it.

Someone forgot his ABCs.

A shameful Goon.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Zark the Damned posted:

As if they didn't already have an entire other game designed based on that...

I am excited for all the young bucks out there today with their snap together primaris Marines and wacky Plague Marines to reach a certain age. As they begin raising a family, that slide into button colors and period appropriate uniforms will inevitably begin. Then they will find the purest hobby calling.

Future Space Historicals

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Black Legion absorbs smaller warbands, so a Thousand Sons dude with a collection of Rubrics might be convinced/coerced to join up. The main character of the ADB Black Legion book is a Thousand Son Black Legionnaire.

I really like that the Black Legion is really down on Sons of Horus because Horus failed. I am super excited about the second book.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

GreenMarine posted:

I made a Redemptor for my Primaris loyalist Thousand Sons.

:eyepop:

Come play 30k discreetly m'i lord

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

Which describes like half of the legions

And?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I don't really think I like this model, but it isn't bad. I love the way the 30k Mortarion looks, so maybe that is part of why.

I really wish his wings were more like a fly. They do have an insectile vibe, but not enough.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Joking aside, I do actually think the leaked Mortarion looks better than the FW one.

I can't tell if you are just trolling with this bullshit, or if this is a personal attack.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I really hope they release a plastic Great Unclean One as part of this stuff. The Death Guard stuff so far has been pretty great so I wouldn't mind that or some more fun cultists.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I am actually really glad about Noise Marines not being troops in Emperor's Children. My army might not be a disgusting min maxed poo poo show that is no fun to play against, but on the other hand my army is not be a disgusting min maxed poo poo show that is no fun to play against.

Taking something as powerful as Noise Marines and Khorne Berserkers is still very good and possible, you just don't get tons of extra CP for it. Seems way more fair and reasonable.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

They're all berserk but they haven't all earned their Berserker merit badges yet

Do other berserkers have the nails / brain lobotomies or is that just Angron? I thought he did that to most of his dudes too. That'd be an easy way to distinguish between tacticals and berserkers.

Here are some non Berserker World Eaters that I did a few years ago. Black Templar weapons and normal heads really set them apart from their Bunny Brethren

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I have been reading the new Codex Chaos Space Marines on and off today at work. Probably my favorite Chaos Codex yet, and I say this as a 15 year player of World Eaters and Emperor's Children. Literally it gave me every thing I want as a Chaos player.

Basically, if you don't like the new CSM book :getout:

Also, I wish other mini games could make faction books that are half this nice.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

I'm having a little trouble understanding the wording of the Forward Operatives stratagem for Alpha Legion:

What exactly are they saying because I'm looking at this multiple times and I still don't get it

When you would deploy a unit you want to infiltrate, you pay your CP and set them aside. Then once everything is deployed, you then deploy the infil-traitors.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

A Always
B Be
C Cheating

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

chutche2 posted:

my girlfriend

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Booley posted:

Yes, I play eve, what of it? I have resin to spend $5 on rather than changing the avatar someone bought me.

:wink:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

Against massed Tyranid warriors

What world are we living in

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Fuegan posted:

Crossing my fingers for a multi-part pyro/biovore kit and a plastic lictor kit with the Tyranid release.

I just want my plastic Aspect Warriors!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Shadin posted:

People can dislike the theme and the style all they want, but anyone saying that another manufacturer working with polystyrene, or other inferior plastics, is within ten years of GW is just trying really hard to justify their personal boycott.

This 100 percent.

Kings of War looks like an amazing game mechanically, but one look at their model line just murders any interest of anyone wanting to get into cool block based fantasy battles. It made way more sense back when they were making rules to help feed off the scraps of GW obliterating WHFB.

Their dead zone terrain is really good though. Just wish they hadn't poisoned their relationship with retailers. Would love to purchase locally. Oh well. :shrug:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

HerrBrau posted:

tl;dr: You should try KoW. All WHFB minis armies are allowed, buying Mantic models is not required.

Oh for sure. I was big into WHFB so I definitively have enough stuff to play, but getting someone to purchase their own army was always a problem. The local AoS players are all younger guys so mainly just have that kind of stuff. Not having all the WHFB stuff available on the store shelves at my FLGS makes it hard to make that first impulse buy happen.

I hope to play one day so I still work on repainting/expanding my Beastmen. :gbsmith:

Shadin posted:

Just curious, how'd they tank their retailer relations?

It had been covered, but launching kickstarter after kickstarter so all the customers who care about a product have all they could want for a rock bottom price is a dick move. I get it from Mantics standpoint, but it also pretty much guaranteed that all their products have no penetration beyond the initial kickstarter backers.

My store used to be the FLGS for decades, so I totally get why stores don't carry it. The margins on gaming stuff isn't great so having lower prices for a worse product isn't really so good. Without the volume of sales that GW can pull in pretty much any game is going to have a big problem justifying shelf space. War Machines sudden implosion hasn't helped either.

Imagine going into a store having never seen a tabletop game and seeing both Plague Marines from the new 40k starter and a unit of Mantic elves. What company would you choose for your budding hobby allegiance?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

By the way what do you all think of Mantic's newest faction kit: http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/gcps/product/gcps-faction-starter.html

For the price of one box of like Cadians you get twice as many dudes and two heavy weapons teams and a couple of character guys

Look pretty bad :shrug:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Yeast posted:

Working on test paint schemes for my new Guard army, left or right?

These are both fantastic, but I prefer the one on the left. I think the I like it because the drab is not what I was expecting, but the gold also looks good so :shrug:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Thundercloud posted:

I was thinking of doing a new Batman/DC miniatures thread as the old one died a long time ago. Particularly as 2nd edition is going with cheaper models and less complicated force structures.

Anyone here play it?

Is there a general tabletop chat thread anymore? What's up with the death thread at the moment?

It was always a game I was interested, but could never really find anything about it online. Hopefully the thread would at least have cool pictures of various Bat Gentlemen.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Shadin posted:

I wish GW would just cut the foreplay and make Primaris Marines the Real Marines. I have a bunch of Mark IV kits and I just can't bring myself to build them because truescale looks so much better.

You know, I hear there is a great game where your MK IV guys can frolic with other well dressed soldiers.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

drat the Tallyman looks so good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

World Eaters (extensive)
Emperor's Children
CSM Pirates
Space Marines
Necrons
ORKS
Imperial Guard
Daemons
Elder and Dark Eldar (very low points levels)
Deathwing

I sold my full Sisters army off about two years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

HMM I WONDER IF THERE'S A BIAS

Who wouldn't start with the cheapest, most iconic, and easiest to paint army?