Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Loving the pictures ITT. really good stuff guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Heresy uber alles, Primaris suck!

Started some Imperial Fists. 5 down... 15 varying types of terminator to go.

Link to album Mountainfire Company Squad 1 https://imgur.com/gallery/I1shC

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Cheers mate. They're a Heresy force, the fluff I'm writing up slowly is that they were near Ultramar when the Heresy began and are trying to force their way back to Terra with some rag-tag Ultramarines. I like the idea of them being part of the battalion who assault the Vengeful Spirit at the Siege of Terra.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

Just to confirm, what is the format for the September trip to Warhammer World? I need to get stuff painted and decide which army to take.

Not sure this is happening any more mate due to table availability - JackMack?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Ready to bugswat

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Killer_Bees! posted:

I finished a thing ... he was getting game time with my 30k Admech but I feel he is dodgy enough to go renegade for my 40k Deathguard on occasion :cthulhu:

Excellent green, really offsets the copper carapace. Good job!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Cross posting from 30k thread

Lord Twisted posted:

gently caress your fliers (although I'm using this in Centurion, shhhh)

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

X post from the 30k thread:

Lord Twisted posted:

Nice Glaive!

I, for one, met a Man From the Internet this week (JackMack) and played a game against him. 2k pts, Imperial Fists/Salamanders shattered legion vs a Cult Horde + Demons mashup (with some dreadnoughts to pad the points).

The game was Dominion. Highlights include a Keeper of Secrets managing to blow off its own head with a perils while in combat with a dreadnought, cult hordes dragging pyroclasts to their death in a mad frenzy, and Terminators beating up a man from a Metallica album. JackMacks dudes were eclectic and well painted, and it was a solid draw (as all best games are).

Some pictures:

(zombie missile loaders!)

(demon prince, got shot up turn one unfortunately)

Finally, a miniature accurately representing the soul of Goons

The Bloodthirster Brave Sir Robin (who ran away)

Some hot Ogryn-on-Marine action

The Man from the Metallica Album

Not enough flamers in the world to fight that many cultists...

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Which goons are going London grand tournament? I'll be at the 30k event

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Awesome. Closer to the time we can exchange numbers and coordinate. I live very close to the tourney venue. As long as you dont send me dick pics.

(send me dick pics)

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

LGT terraingate pretty shocking. £50 for unpainted polystyrene. Lol.

The heresy event is supposed to be better resourced, but I've still been up since 6.30 drybrushing and repairing my terrain to bring along last minute as I can see the stadium from my flat so decided foolishly to pitch in last minute.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Booley you're doing God's work.

LGT goons, hit me up in PM and I'll get you guys on WhatsApp. I'm on the heresy side of it, not bothering with 40k these days, we should have painted terrain I hope, lol

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

London grand tournament. 440 40k weebs, and 80ish glorious strong attractive heresy players and then some blood bowl or some poo poo. In the Olympic stadium.

Apparently with no painted terrain at £50 a pop with no food or drink allowed except what you buy on site. I'm not irritated at all...

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

One_Wing posted:

For all that everything has the logistical scent of death about it I’m hopeful we’ll still have a good time (though thanks for the heads up about the security time Ineptmule, I was already a bit worried about that so will make sure i get going early).

The charitable interpretation of what’s gone wrong is:

1.) they started with a Good Idea - the fixed terrain layouts with a few terrain designs that can be mass produced clearly is one.
2.) they let enthusiasm lead to a bit of scope creep - one of their videos showed that they were originally intending to do resin gloss layer lakes as area terrain, and that’s waaaaay more of a complicated step than is needed to make it work.
3.) they didn’t recognise that scale up was going to make what i assume is a process they’ve used before non-viable - they appear to have been doing this build in the organiser’s back garden, and from the videos it’s soo full of materials that they can barely breath, let alone have the space to properly work on it. This is presumably to avoid the need to hire an off-site warehouse/build location - instead they’ve gone through the whole chain of “material is delivered” to “terrain gets built” to “terrain loaded up for transport to the event” in place.

With my project lead hat on, they needed to:

1.) properly identify the MVP to deliver their goal. Their corner ruins look like a good fit to that, their area terrain really doesn’t. Playing around with the area terrain ideas probabky cost them valuable time.
2.) prototype the build process for their MVP to get an idea of how long it takes per table early so they can use that to inform maximum player numbers.
3.) look for risks in the process where a doubling in scale was going to cause problems. In this case, I’m going to guess that the lack of physical space has bitten them hard - I expect that their timelines just about looked good on paper when working in a nice, clear environment, but working in the enormously cluttered space they’ve been in will have slowed everything to a crawl. With the amount of money they’ve taken in they could probably have afforded to hire some space somewhere for a month to store and build in, or even just a storage locker nearby where all the parts that were not needed for the thing they were doing each day could be kept out of the way.

All of these things are things they can learn for next year and I hope they do, but it’s probably rubbing people so badly because their social media personas very much read as people who think they’re god’s gift to event management.

This. Seems they just didn't plan at all. 11 days to do 220 tables of terrain? Even simple division shows thats 22 tables per day, each table has a decent amount of terrain, that's absolutely insane. Like finishing several bits of terrain every hour every day for 2 weeks...

We'll see how it goes!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

ineptmule posted:

We are literally playing in a bar at a football stadium, so it is kind of reasonable that the drinks and food is all provided by the on-site catering.

As for the logistics, it’s no surprise to me - I know the main guy, Zach, a bit and he’s definitely a ‘confident personality’. It’s only the second year they’ve done it and I’m sure they’ll learn as they go. Insane that it’s ballooned in size so much for the second time round.

I went to the first one. Was MDF unpainted terrain then... Biggest complaint people had was the bloody terrain.

Edit: it's also the third run at this. And there are, within 10 mins drive of the stadium, at least 2 clubs (HATE and Tanelorn) and another within 45 mins drive (LWHGG) who have, between them, at least 40-50 tables worth of pro made painted terrain and mats. That'd be 25% of your terrain off the bat with 0 effort if you decided to not :sperg: standardise it for optimal tournament conditions.

Noone was approached for terrain, even when they offered.

Edit2: not trying to rant at you imeptmule, I'm just a bit peeved as this has been hyped as the EVENT OF THE YEAR for HH narrative and it might be pushing our beautiful man's around a bowling green of MDF... Again

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 18, 2018

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

So they're doing kids books now. WARHAMMER ADVENTURES.

Genuine quote

'Life in the 41st Millennium is hard.'

New thread title TIA

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I painted a thing for Horus Heresy but I suppose it works 10,000 years later... Ashen Memory, Legio Atarus Warhound Titan. Work in Progress, needs weapons + weathering. The base is just for display, she isn't glued on.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Wait, you aren't allowed to convert...?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Hi guys, been a long time since I logged into SA - but Ive been listening to the BadCast and checked out Goonhammer. Love the website.

I noticed no 30k content - is this deliberate, or a lack of contributors? I'd be interested in putting articles together if there is any interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Top stuff. Thanks.

E: Address for the discord?

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 23, 2019