Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Black_Nexus posted:

Figured I should actually paint Typhus up now since he buffs the gently caress out of poxwalkers

Looks even better fullscreened, which is more than can be said of most paintjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

DiHK posted:

Just saw this new BA chaplin, the skull game is weak. 1/10.

Who's responsible for sculpting another Blood Angels thing with broken ankles? It's really distracting.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Shooting models have three options now:

1. Fire everything that isn't a pistol or grenade
2. Fire all pistols
3. One model may throw a grenade

So if you have a Biker with a Plasma Gun, he can fire the bike bolters and the plasma. But a biker couldn't fire the bolters and his pistol.

That doesn't make a gosh darn lick of sense.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Testing out base color schemes for my biglys and nurgle.
Think I settled on Exorcist for my Marines and I really like the bone color for Nurgle.

I did some color correction, the original photo seems to be under yellow light:

Looks good! Any plans for the eyes and the weapons?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Yup.

I don't know how good it actually was, but it was there and the book even had that example in it. Back when GW promoted conversions.

I used a variant of it years ago and it was great for mopping-up damaged units. I swear, the most important casualties in the final turns of the game come from the stormbolter/combi-bolter shots from surviving Rhinos.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Have You Seen Me?

I still can't find my finished Nurgle army. There's a minute chance I put it on display at a hobby store I was trying to promote years ago, so if you see VC Skeletons, cyclops Dryads, the old metal monkey Plaguebearers, and two Demon Princes converted from Venom action figures, let me know. I'd post more pictures but the hobby site they were hosted on deleted its photo gallery to cut down server load.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Having a total brainfart and typing, "Castellan Knight" into an image query bore blessed fruit:

The original image was over 3,000px wide. :monocle:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The only thing I don't like about Primaris is the bigger boltgun thingies they have. There was a sweet spot in 3rd where human models were much smaller than the latest plastic Marine kit; boltguns looked somewhat small in their hands yet huge in the hands of a Guardsmen, which went a long way in expressing proportion.

Guilliman just looks like a skinny Space Marine from the =I=nquisitor range:

BRB, going to eBay Exclusive new Primarch models, L@@K!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Does the fluff really mention, "solar minutes" or is that just 40k Wikia trash?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zuul the Cat posted:

Question about GW Customer Service - I ordered a box off eBay that was unopened and still shrink wrapped. When I opened it, one of the sprues was busted - the weapons on the mini were broken off and I couldn't find it in the box.

Will they send me out a replacement bit, or would I have to return it through eBay?

The noble lie means keeping your trap shut about where you bought it and instead showing photos of the factory defects.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
$420 for some extra material printed in China and pewter doodads, that will never sell! :cawg:

It sold-out. There's no one to blame for these shenanigans except for ourselves.

Holy poo poo, I found my booger monsters, they were in a tiny plastic bin in the back of my closet. I thought I had lost them while moving house.

Skellies I didn't do poo poo to, Dryads I added hats and cyclops eyes to, one is holding the Washboard Of Nurgle.

This prick's rules aren't good anymore, maybe he can be a generic Herald and give an aura.

I guess I'm okay with how gimped Plaguebearers are since they're half the point cost of what they used to be.

30 Plaguebearers, 2 Beasts, 2 Daemon Princes, Ku'gath, a Great Unclean One, and Epidemius used to be a complete army. Poxwalkers are looking good, but I think I'll get 60 Nurglings instead. :backtowork:

What's the best generic stand-in for Nurglings?

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 22, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Saw this in the store today, you can get a single bigman with White Dwarf: a magazine about painting warhams :corsair:

If you ever feel like you've gotten out of shape just go to your local hobby shop, I feel like Adonis now.

I'm now the owner of 18 easy build Poxwalkers, which are actually made in the UK. I was about to buy Dark Vengeance for the 20 stupid looking Poxwalkers, really happy to avoid the hassle of giving away the Deathguard and Bigmen to you people.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 23, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Someone please paint the Alpha Legion emblem on his shoulder or model the whole thing as Fabius Bile. Steal that bigman gene seed.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I thought that squeeze bottles were the best innovation in painting in ages, the very best way to get paint onto a palette.

Then, the nozzle on one of them blasted off as I was squeezing out some paint:

I had to rush my bog monsters to the sink to wash off the paint splatters and pour rubbing alcohol on the carpet to get the stains out. I still haven't found where the nozzle careened to. :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

GreenMarine posted:

I had the thought tonight that they are setting up Calgar to fall to chaos.

Dude's gonna be on medical leave for a year after the beating he got from the heretic homies.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Games Workshop is running a summer campaign. You get points for buying stuff and painting it. :v:

https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

Finding swarms miniatures is a pain. There are D&D miniatures like Rot Slugs that would be perfect but they're OOP and expensive as hell. I need hoards of Nurglings, dammit.

The only feasible option I've found is these little alien gribblies and the models are ugly as hell: http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/6mmscifi.html

Edit: comedy option, 35 giant snails for $6:

Ordering some of these, beats the $8 per model Nurglings:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p299805.html

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 29, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm trying to wrap my head around how assaults work in 8th, especially now that Initiative is completely gone, ran into a snag with who can fight. The rules say that anyone within 1" of the enemy gets to fight, any model within 1" of such an ally gets to fight. The rulebook says that this represents ranks of 2, but wouldn't that be 3? If a model is in base contact, his buddy is contact with him, and another is in contact with that guy, that means 3 models get to fight. What am I missing?

This example presumes 1" bases, thank heck that Pox Walkers still have those.

RIP small bases for Marines, people were always so delighted when I pointed out that the bases are 1" so you don't need to measure for attack ranges in close combat.

I made an army roster, turns out I have a 1,500 point army once my slug bros arrive, which is a relief. Nurgle Heralds can't take a Palaquin, which is lovely, so I have to take Epidemius instead. Whatever, at least he has Smite.

The only spanner in the cogs is that I need to get wings for my Daemon Princes so I'm not totally incapable of taking on Flyers. The appropriate wings I found from a bits vendor were out of stock. So, a Daemon Prince with wings has the same Power Level as one without them, but if using Points the one with wings costs more? Buh?

I ordered Rot Grubs, which look disgusting and at $3 a model are far better than the $8 per for Nurgling models.
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p299805.html

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

4, actually. Ranks 1 and 2 are themselves eligible for being within an inch, and ranks 3 and 4 are by definition within 1 inch of rank 2, if everyone is touching.

That requires perfect lineups and room to do all that, but given perfect circumstances 25mm bases can get 4 ranks into melee.

Good grief, you're right. The 2nd rank is itself a 'within 1" of the enemy' model.

This is the one major slip I've read in the rules so far, the rest of it is excessively simple and free of caveats, which I like.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Guys, I hosed up.

My options are to either sculpt lots of grubs to fill the base or hide the edges with scenery gravel. "Each one is, uh, a much bigger swarm emerging from the ground!" :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

He's got the Chaos book too:

E: One power per god :argh:

All WC6 and 18" range, Tzeentch is +1 to Invulnerable saves or grants a 5++ if it doesn't have an invuln, Nurgle is -1 to all to hit rolls against that unit, Slaanesh is 5+ FNP

What power does Khorne get? :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Just read the page about how Battalions work, guess I'm not doing a Battle Forged army ever. :v:

Kinda crazy how the complete rules section can be read in one sitting.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

I don't understand, what's hard about being Battleforged?

I just rechecked the Daemons Index, turns out I'm wrong and dumb yet again. I thought Heralds and Epidimius were the only Nurgle HQ's, I can make a Battalion just fine since I have two Great Unclean Ones.

Edit: Nope, can't make a Battalion because they moved Daemon Princes from Heavy Support to HQ.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 7, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I have 1 Elite, 5 HQ, and 5 Troops in my 1,500 point list.

Okay, so I have enough for a Battalion and a Supreme Command detachment. I have no idea what I'm doing.

After over 15 years of painting my fear of spraying primer instead of lacquer onto models finally happened. Turned an extremely low-effort paint job into an ordeal to fix it, they look passable now:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Trying to leverage RICO against GW makes this a comedy lawsuit.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"What in the fu- who plugged my weapon? There's no place for this magazine to go, how... *sigh* ... I knew I should have called-in sick to work today." -Intercessor

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Holy moly, that pictogram on the right shoulder is Unitology level. Ultman be praised.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Or waking up and being all "Wait what the gently caress have you idiots done to the Imperium?" and, instead of going full Jesus flipping tables, he just says "oh it's okay i'll make it better".

I asked before how much of the Wikia article is fan fiction, if any of it is official fluff, didn't get an answer. Because lines like this are cool and good:

"Why do I still live? What more do you want from me? I gave everything I had to you, to them. Look what they've made of our dream. This bloated, rotting carcass of an empire is driven not by reason and hope but by fear, hate and ignorance. Better that we had all burned in the fires of Horus' ambition than live to see this."

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Roboute_Guilliman

In private, he's moody and despondent with too much responsibility on his shoulders, like how I imagine all Space Marines must feel. Imperial Commander to a group of twenty Space Marines: "You must help us, storm the heretic fortification, save the day for us!"

Space Marines: "Sigh, we're so tired of this poo poo, we've been doing this for centuries."

Iron Warriors: "Told you so."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Jesus god, is the slap fight between nerds over. You're all weirdos, embrace it. #StopGoonShaming

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Killer_Bees! posted:

While I wait for the Deathguard codex and models to drop I pulled the trigger on a Raven Guard successor chapter force full of sneaky gits. These are heavily still work in progress but you get the gist, also I was brave/stupid enough to hack up Cypher to combine him with a bigly in an attempt to make a sneaky captain :jihad:

How did you do the armor? Because it looks

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rando posted:

I bought a Canoness Veridyan and dig it --

So, her rules were written while 8th was in the prototype phase? Factions are mentioned, but then so are USR's, Initiative, and numerical WS/BS which are gone.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I like the new rules, (other than cover rules, buncha shite) but the charge rules are so sloppy you can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIe6PvEnkg&t=1050s

You can ice-skate around charge targets during your pile-in phases, too, so long as you're closer than before (and consolidation).

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 25, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The rules say you can Fall Back from combat but says nothing about how to do it except you must get farther than 1" away from the Enemy.

There's nothing in the FAQ, either. Uh, wot? :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BuffaloChicken posted:

For content, I'm making a big dumb moose daemon to lead my forest daemons army. It's based on the mascot for Baxter Brewing Company from Maine:

That's so good, this is how you do it. Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

panascope posted:

I am pro-flag on all warham models

If you put a flag on every model, and the flag itself is a model, that's a model with an infinite number of flags.

What have you done? :psyduck:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ToyotaThong posted:

Made a Wartrak for my orks

That, like a chicky kebap, is loving wicked. Makes me want to finish the two buggies I made for my Lamenters, too bad I have no idea what I'm doing with them. :v:
(Real talk, if someone wants to get a free army and finish the concept, please say so. It's Lamenters and Chaos Marines and a bunch of stuff I don't know what to do with, if you're interested ask for photos. I'm trying to downsize my collection and focus on Nurgle)

jadebullet posted:

Well, I completed another test model for my Death Guard. This time it is a poxwalker. I'm going for a very specific aesthertic for my Death Guard and hopefully I pulled it off. Let me know what you think.

What Floppychop said. It has a horror palette and feel, not a comical aesthetic, looks so nasty in a good way. For a tiny space dolly, the presentation is quite unsettling.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Corrode posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bfNjhQw.jpg

I made a decent looking refinery by terracing two pieces of styrofoam in geometric shapes, painting them concrete colors, and sticking various overturned bottles into it, painted metallic. The biggest part was an empty peanut butter jar.

The running gag in the club was, "Empor Brand peanut butter, for when you need to spend a long time on the throne."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Here are some deathguard I painted since NoVA.

click for BIG

[etc]

:sbahj:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
What in the gently caress, those Guard strategems are so cool I may need to turn my pile of unfinished models into some kind of Imperial army. :backtowork:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I usually run my fish as a missile boat. Powerslide it in, dump out breachers, then let it shoot until it dies.

You probably know this already, but disembarking is done before the vehicle moves, so, no more moving forward and dumping shooty shooter peoples in the same player turn... battle round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Hahaha, I just noticed this. It's spreading!

Yup, I stole the theme from Goose and made a gif and bought a new avatar.

:commissar:

My FLGS is closed today, tomorrow is Magic day, day after that I babysit after work. I promise to post photos of me slamming ham with my Nurgle Demons as soon as able. :backtowork:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 5, 2017