Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Ilor posted:

Whoops, posted in the old thread.

Funny, I've always liked them blue:

Ooh, they look great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I'm digging the Bigmars.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

muggins posted:

This art in the new WD

Eyeball vagina.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

I've got a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvu8KyPq5S8

Part I of doing my Primaris army, Warriors of Iron (original chapter, do not steal).

Stealing

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Man that dark flesh tone looks incredible

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Cross-posting my pink Ham-bois.

Just a few quick photos of the 4 chosen I've finished for my new Emperors Children army. Sorry for the poo poo quality photos, currently waiting on new phone. These pictures don't do the pink justice. It's supposed to be Vallejo Game Color - Squid Pink

The shading is pretty heavy handed, and this is my first go at models this detailed, but I think they came out alright. :shobon:

Still trying to get the process down, and watching a ton of videos. Gonna invest in an airbrush sometime soon and a few new detail brushes so highlights don't end up being so big and messy.

Wanted to go more :sparkles: Emperor's Children. While i was painting a few of these at my FLGS, a few people commented they liked them, but could never bring themselves to field a pink army, thus giving me more confidence that this was the correct decision. Going to do the bases with flowers as well. (Thanks whomever posted the flower links earlier!) Also, here is my terminator sorcerer with a female human head.

Where is her head from?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

GW seems to be embracing the 'Easy Fit' models a great deal, particularly with the Reivers announced sharing the same scheme, as well as the plagueys.

Wonder if they will slowly phase out multipose kits altogether now they have made pseudo Push-Fit models look dynamic and cool.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

It's more this trend where it appears they have released a Starter Box, Dark Imperium, with snap fit models. Sure, fair enough, that's normal.

Now they have announced another box. A smaller box, with unique models that add to the ranges in their original starter. They too, are 'easy fit' as my local GW manager desribes. Even he said it's puzzling.

Arguably Dark Imperium era 'snap fit' models show an amazing level of detail and dynamic poses throughout all of the range. And now there is also a second wave. Makes me wonder if the first true generic 'Primaris Space Marine Dood' box will be unique sprues that utilise the same figures from dark imperium. Only time will tell - They want the hobby to be more accessible than ever, simplifying the miniature side of things and releasing miniatures in coloured plastic like they have started doing is very indicative of that.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Buy an index, get the rules off the GW website. Use power level and play with tiny squads against each other. 8th edition is so loving simple that need to 're-learn' the rules takes about 20 minutes.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

Thx, I had heard that 8th edition was a vast streamlining of the rules.

Which is good because Warhammer.

Yeah just need the new codex I guess.

Good news, the 'pseudo' codexes are out for every single army and are cheap.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I keep seeing people in this thread calling Dark Imperium snap-fit. It's not. You cannot assemble these models without glue.

My bad, the correct term is 'easy fit' apparently.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zuul the Cat posted:

Progress on my Howling Griffons. I've nearly completed 3 HQ (Captain in Gravis, 2 Lieutenants) and a full squad of Inceptors. There's minor things I have to touch up on each - bullet casings, the backpack on the Captain, metallic trim, stuff like that.

I've also decided on a basing scheme which i wanted to look like it was a dead world, and also be neutral so the models stand out more.

Anyway, here they are.

HQ Group:

Shooty Lt.

Inceptors:

Everything so far:

Are those shoulders pads from shapeways? Are they just little symbols you attach to the existing pad? Or are they entire pads?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zuul the Cat posted:

Primaris Chaplain. Made from the Primaris Ancient from Dark Imperium and the Deathwatch Chaplain.

Should Pad and Head both fit really well. Rozarius Arcanum also fit on pretty great.

The power-pack is slightly smaller than the Primaris Packs, but because of all the extra poo poo on this on you really can't tell.

Dead images. Sad, I really wanted to see it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

First time painting a loyalist space marine in years. So, many, years. Thoughts/criticism?

Shamefully lifted the colours off an internet image with a few little shifts of my own. Won't lie, painting this one 'LERN2PAINT' guy has me fired up to finish my primaris army.

Also have no idea what to name my chapter as of yet.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Paint the seal on his shoulder red not blue. Otherwise he's ace.

Is this a lore thing? I have read me a bucketload of 40k lore and never saw anything specifically about purity seals, but I did always wonder.

Alokgen posted:

I like me some clean Marines. If I had to critic one thing it would be, many consider another lens color? A yellow, orange, or red could make the eyes pop a bit more, but overall its looking real good.

Corrode posted:

Orange would look great in there.

I did actually consider yellow, but I do not have any yellow paints of my own. I borrowed some to paint some Iron Warrior hazard stripes at one point, but on hand don't actually have my own.

Funny you should mention orange however, because...uh...

Jokaero orange. I very nearly hit it with a highlight of Trollslayer...

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

Goonmind, given this scheme, what color should A) helmets and B) chest eagles and such be?

I'm a huge loser with a fetish for painting the faceplate a unique colour. I'd be intrigued to see it either with a Very light grey/white, or every going black on the faceplate.

Edit: just noticed the red. Red faceplate!

Chest eagles, go a very dark grey and highlight with the general armor color. Makes it fit in but still look really nice.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 14, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

I'm trying to get Nork Doombull done by Saturday. The "SMART" gun took a long time to piece together. Bonus points if someone can name all the parts that made up the gun.

Also Beer, if you are going I need to offload some AoBR orks if you're interested: Boyz, burnaz, flash gitz, 2 Warbosses, liek 6 bikes, and I think 11 koptas.

You deserve it for convincing me to get a Star Citizen refund a while back.

AOBR had bikes....?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Geoff Zahn posted:

You've basically made a Doom Marine Space Marine and I totally want to steal your color scheme now

Great, now I am obliged to use the word 'Doom' in my chapter name.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Chapter motto 'Rip and Tear'

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

wound markers.

!!!

That's....a brilliant idea.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

Only works for up to 6 wounds, I think. (7 if you count "removed all counters" as its own state). Are there any on-foot guys with more than that?

Could be a custom counter for a larger vehicle/walker - say you corresponded the thresholds to an imperial knights 'wounded' categories.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The Bee posted:

Also now I want a display of Doomguy's face lighting up where the Knight's head would be.

I like this. A great deal.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

:circlefap: I just bought 9 reivers this weekend in the snap together kit and those just make me even happier :circlefap:

I love these skullface dorks

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

Dual plasma inceptors look fun.

I like the aggressors, good use of the gravis armor look. Goofy grapple aside, the reivers look great, lots of cool poses.

Edit: I think the posted aggressor box art was stretched, the aggressors in the community preview image look less lanky to my eyes.

Everything about the Primaris should not appeal to me. I'm a GW rear end in a top hat purist.

But I loving love them.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

So my local GW manager did a fairly wicked thing on the weekend.

All the regulars who were hanging about were challenged to paint one of the 'Learn2Paint' Bigmars in a unique chapter. The chapter itself was decided by way of ONLINE RANDOM CHAPTER GENERATOR (seriously, click, it's a hoot)

8 people were handed the Bigmar, and given a couple weeks to create their abomination. Many brave people pressed the 'Generate Chapter' button and accepted their fate:
  • Desolation Tigers
  • Blood Avengers
  • Dancing Sharks
  • Grail Justicars
  • Sapphire Angels
  • War Brothers
  • Doom Falcons
  • Regal Consuls
...SOME rules were placed on known guys, such as the Desolation Tigers guy was not allowed to use a palette of Red and Black, as he does that all the time, and the War Brothers dude was mandated to have an exposed head. the Dancing Sharks guy very nearly veto'd his name but after some careful though decided to roll with it. One other dude joined in, but he rolled Thunder Wyverns and decided he didn't like it (Which is a travesty) as such he will create something on his own. The Desolation Tigers guy is currently agonising over 'how much tiger print is too much' for example.

Funnily enough, I am the guy who rolled Doom Falcons, and my submission has already been accepted and is now displayed in store alongside the 'pro painted' demo model for Dark Imperium.

So it isn't strictly a competition, but damned if it isn't super fun and exciting to watch in progress. If people are interested, I will keep people posted on the progress in this thread?

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 17, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I bashed it a couple times, and also got:

Black Dragons
Striking Scorpions
Blood Angels

Half the fun is how dorky/stupid the generator is.

I just got HORNED BARRACUDAS

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

chutche2 posted:

Polar Gators

This is some quality poo poo.

Yesssss.

GreenMarine posted:

Desolation Raiders.

Also, Yessss. Mad Max Marines.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Purple Hounds

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

What is the cheapest way to acquire a bigly? I have to paint a Diamond Shark.

Actually..
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/getting-started-with-40k-2017-ENG

Edit: Of course the 3packs are better value for money, but if you want *one* dude for the lowest cash spent, bam.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 17, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Renfield posted:

Like this (Infinity model, and ignore the still-healing bit where the cat bit me)

Camera in mouth?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Tell me goons, Custom Shoulder Pads - Who has good stories/experiences, etc?

I was looking at https://www.shapeways.com/shops/popbits today, but unsure at this point. Looking for maybe some goonstimonials?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

3D printed bitz? :barf:

TyrantSabre posted:

Satisfied customer.

Wow, I got both sides of the coin almost immediately.

@Zaphod yeah I absolutely know where you are coming from, every 3D printing thing I have seen has resulted in me thinking 'Thank god I don't require any FINE DETAIL to be 3D printed'

But people keep swearing by this guy, and the stuff he has shown printed looks alright.

I am usually okay with sculpting some simple stuff for myself, but I have hit a wall as of late and find myself thinking about going external for once.

@TyrantSabre got any pics of your shoulders at all? Do they look 'fuzzy', like some of the frosted stuff can something look?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Geoff Zahn posted:

Will do, they've been generous to me in the past with some replacements but I'd be happy with just the piece tbh (Although I wouldn't complain about some extra sprues). Any idea where the batch number would be located on the Dark Imperium box? All I can find are UPCs.

On the side of the slip off cover. Printed in white in a dot matrix-y way.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Hixson posted:

Man loyalists are so cool and interesting. My favorite not extremely Mary Sue bit of Loyalist fluff is

My gene dad is better than your gene dad because

spoiler: all warhammer fluff is doofy and dorky. revel in it.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Ignore, completely wrong.

In other news, I like this:

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 21, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I actually really liked the parts in gathering storm where the necron pylons shot their space lasers into the Eye of Terror, and the legion of the damned + celestine suddenly went down several power levels, like they were running low on batteries.

Spoke volumes regarding the ~*-MYSTERIOUS NATURE-*~ of their abilities.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Naramyth posted:

I have three of them if you want to setup a buy/trade. :v:

three of them what? converted walkie doovers?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Anyone got any experience with Tale of War miniatures? They make some pretty tongue in cheek references to characters from other Mediums.

I would love to paint War from Darksiders 1, and this looks like a decent place to achieve such a thing: https://taleofwar.com/epages/0101d3...ducts/TOWVE0016

Comparison:

My main questions would be: A)are their minis any good? The resin looks fairly on point.

And B) is the scale completely off centre to maybe proxy in as a chaos lord?

Edit: I mostly ask here because I can't find *any* goddamn reviews for this mini online.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Anyone got any experience with Tale of War miniatures? They make some pretty tongue in cheek references to characters from other Mediums.

I would love to paint War from Darksiders 1, and this looks like a decent place to achieve such a thing: https://taleofwar.com/epages/0101d3...ducts/TOWVE0016

Comparison:

My main questions would be: A)are their minis any good? The resin looks fairly on point.

And B) is the scale completely off centre to maybe proxy in as a chaos lord?

Edit: I mostly ask here because I can't find *any* goddamn reviews for this mini online.

It's likely nobody responded to me because nobody has bought this particular obscure miniature from this obscure company, so I might throw out a more basic question to you fine folks:

They mention '35MM FINE DETAIL MINIATURE' so I assume they mean 35mm scale - now to my knowledge GW follows a 28mm scale, however model size creep is a real thing - would a 35MM scale mini work for a chaos lord?

This is the miniature painted, the base looks like a fairly standard rounded lip base.

Worst case scenario I may bite the bullet anyway because it + shipping really isnt that spensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

28mm scale usually means some version of "an average male human in this setting is 28mm tall from feet to eyes" but literally every word in that sentence is fungible. That dude should be fine as a lord.

Worst case scenario I cannabilise the miniature and source an original archaon on horseback to try and remake this: