Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah I don’t really know anyone who hated the Newcrons. As someone who really loved the original story I thought as a retcon it left a lot of the core story and opened things up for much more interesting possibilities.

Really anything beyond Trayzn is just gravy and he alone justifies the change.

The old flayed ones and wraiths were cooler I though, especially because the wraiths looked like hosed up normal necron warriors, but I do like space egyptians as a theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xtothez posted:

That's not surprising, GW did the same thing when bringing back GSC & Deathwatch by putting out monopose stuff in a boxed game, followed by a full codex and multipart kits several months later. It gives people a chance to paint up the core units of their new army rather than trying to knock out 2000pts in one go.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I74XAe5KBYo

drat this is cool, definitely going to pre-order this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JBP posted:

That Eldar box seems like pretty incredible value since you can run it all as one army.

I was going to ask that, do you run them as Corsairs or what? This box plus Sisters would be fun to try new schemes on.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Corrode posted:

You just run them with one detachment of Craftworlds and one of Drukhari. Because they're both AELDARI that's fine.

The unit choices for both sides of the box are fuckin weird but I've never actually gotten around to buying Scourges even though the models are great, and I can always sell the Hellions on.

Hell as long as I can paint them all in a unified colour scheme I'm happy.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What's the verdict on Sisters of Battle if there is one? I doubt I'd ever play but I knew so little about the witch hunter factions in 3rd ed that I'm curious about how the army has or hasn't changed in the last 20 odd years.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

richyp posted:

The models own, that’s my input.

Oh yeah I totally want to paint some of the kits, it's probably the best model release from GW since the GSC.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was trying to look at Adamantium Wang's army showcase for some hobby inspiration and it's missing, could a Goonhammer person confirm the link please?

https://www.goonhammer.com/army-showcase-adamantium_wangs-heresy-era-death-guard/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

look dude from what I can tell this entire saga is extremely stupid on all fronts and I don't know what you expect to happen by dragging it across threads

I'm not sure what this has to do with a army showcase?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ok if anyone who might still have links to his army could send me a PM that'd be cool, he had some neat character conversions IIRC and I'm struggling with coming up with 6 more veterans.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Ok if anyone who might still have links to his army could send me a PM that'd be cool, he had some neat character conversions IIRC and I'm struggling with coming up with 6 more veterans.

Or if someone has any neat conversions/kitbashes/resposes they've done for their space marines post those too please!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Contingency posted:

Google cache: [url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:enbIzIHbRwUJ:https://www.goonhammer.com/army-showcase-adamantium_wangs-heresy-era-death-guard/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

Nice thanks! I think it was this one I was remembering, the slow menacing walk forward was a neat change of pace to the usual “gun to chest” or “hand pointing gun in air” poses.

Lore and design aside the new primaris stuff at least has more interesting designs, the dude with the smoke grenade comes to mind.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Booley posted:

Have you seen any of my posts? My armies are entirely painted to a pretty drat high standard. I vastly prefer to play against other painted armies. But just because that's what I like out of the game doesn't mean that other people don't like other things, and we shouldn't force them to stop playing because of that.

Also, painting 250pts/2 weeks is a real tough schedule, I certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with that unless I sacrifice every single one of my other obligations or drop the standards of how I want my army to look.

:ironicat:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Seeing this thread get hyper aggressive, start throwing around personal insults, and telling people how to enjoy the hobby while chastising them for the same thing will never not be entertaining.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

All over "maybe paint your models in this model painting hobby" loool

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

OhDearGodNo posted:

Painted another wierdboy today

How dare you.

(those cloak and feathers turned out real good)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

It's a free website

What a great way to handle constructive criticism!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I know about actual invisible plastic bases, I was just responding to a suggestion for grabbing some basing materials after stating that I preferred blank, single-colored bases lol

I still prefer the actual solid base, just sparingly or not based at all. Just one clean color works for me. I don't mind if someone goes all in on their basing but I'd prefer not to slap bright green grass or beach sand all over my bases when I could be playing in a bombed out city one week or an ancient ruin the next.

Gimme magnetised gaming tables and magnetised models.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goose willis posted:

If you paid as much attention to your writing as you did to your painting Goonhammer would be a lot more readable

hahaha

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hixson posted:

i painted a space marine and a robot

Y’all nerds with Hixson on ignore quit clutching your pearls for a second and peep this poo poo because goddamn.

That freehand emblem :eyepop:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The only way to learn and improve is to attempt the techniques out of your comfort zone and get them wrong, and learn from those mistakes.

Also how can GW exert any pressure on a personal youtube channel regardless of what products the person uses, dumb.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Laaaame and still dumb. Especially if it’s actually taking down the channel versus just not uploading content. Content produced before employment should not be touchable by GW’s contracts bleh, gross.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lets not defend corporations versus individuals maybe.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just buy the dice you like the look of its just Warhammer.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If anyone knows any good hobby discords in general (non-goon is fine) it'd be great to post 'em. SA has been less and less of a feature in my day to day and the spontaneous conversations in discords are fun, way more motivating for getting hobby stuff done.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Out of interest, people here who have participated in or organised an escalation league, how quickly did it "escalate"? I appreciate it will differ a lot but I guess I'm looking for how much time were people given to buy and assemble bigger armies, did they have to be painted to play etc.

Biweekly and monthly were the ones I ran into the most. Did one between friends that was weekly but that's because we had just all gotten new armies in one go and needed some extra motivation to work through it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kitchner posted:

What was the jump? Start at 500 and increase by 250 points each time?

Roughly 200-250, it was somewhat flexible and about 500pts start I think. This was back in 6th. With my friends we just did HQ + Troops to start, then a single FOC slot of our choice each week.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It might be good for Minotaurs marines as well.

Shame all the upgrade bits are gone.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is the 9th Edition stuff shipping this weekend or being delivered? Curious to see the full changes in the rules.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mountain Lightning posted:

My box was delivered today surprisingly. Had all the little preorder trinkets in the box as well.

Oh neat, that's great. Looking forward to seeing people rip into the stuff and see how things play.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

The impression I always got there was that it wasn't meant to be evenly balanced -- the Survivors' goal was to win the match, while the Infected's goal was to have fun tossing obstacles in the Survivors' way. 'Swhy the switchoff, so each team would have a chance to play the side with the advantage.

Yeah it was definitely less about winning and more about creating a fun experience for whoever is the survivor group that round.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I definitely feel you on that, narrative campaigns spanning multiple sessions, outcomes effecting the next mission type, gimmicks such as having to take out anti-air or the next missions turns from getting support to Blackhawk Down is what got me into the game in the first place.

Netlists and min maxing just saps the fun out of a game for me every time, tabletop or videogame. Dead by Daylight for example was great fun until my friends went tryhard as the survivors instead of trying to get immersed and spooked.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

And the Biglys get their own Predator, named the Gladiator. No big surprise there. v:v:v

Maaan I am just not jelling with any of the Primaris vehicle designs. They've slid straight into the GI Joe playset territory for me. Going to have to stock up on classic vehicles this year before they get wiped.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh drat that new Monolith though :eyepop:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 25, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

https://postimg.cc is my go-to recently, much easier and less stupid rear end Redditification compared to imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Booley posted:

1) There are my photos in the OP that I'd rather not have used again because lowtax sucks.

2) As a professional photographer, I do in fact have somewhat more understanding of copyright, licensing and transformative works than the average person, and slapping a few images together is absolutely not a unique work and would not be considered fair use, nor can someone re-license sobe thing without permission.

ur petty as gently caress lmao