Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

quote:

Supercharged plasma weaponry will soon only ever overheat on an unmodified roll of a 1

So... does this mean now I’m free to shoot my Captain-hugged hellblasters at units that give me -1 to hit, and to do so without worry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

JackMann posted:

In the spirit of being the change you want to see in the world, I'm working on a new thread, having gotten SRM and TheChirurgeon's blessing. Right now it's largely just a rehash of SRM's original post, just with some 9e updates:

Thoughts on things to change? New links that should be added? Someone earlier mentioned maybe redoing the bit on the black library section.

ehh I have better pics of White Scars now...

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Stephenls posted:

Carcharodon test #2 done and based.

Obligatory comparison photo:

I think I'm going to do something completely different with the base next time. Not sure what. This isn't working for me.

You need a warm color for the base, so both above suggestions are good- anything from red to tan to even a yellow.

If you go with mars red, I'd recommend using an Agrax or even Sepia wash and keep away from Nuln or Crimson. If you want sand and water to give a tongue-and-cheek play on the name, I'd also suggest the same washes. You can work on water if you wanted using Realistic Water and smudging up waves. Vallejo also makes a neat water mix that can be sculpted as well.

An easy mode that I do with white scars is to use the standard blighted tundra. It goes well with lighter neutral tones.