Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm putting together a severely kitbashed squad of space marines. I'm trying to give them a look that says they're from an era past, and some of the Adeptus Mechanicus weapons have that old timey appearance I'm going for. Is there any way to buy only the Mechanicus weapons, or am I stuck having to buy a whole squad of Mechanicus dudes to get the little bits I want?

I poked around the GW and Forgeworld sites, as well as a few of the ones mentioned in the OP, to no avail. Didn't have a ton of luck on eBay either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Much obliged, dudes. You saved me a ton of money.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Some questions I probably should've asked before I went full ham on my box of spess mehreens:

1. Do the weapons wielded by the models need to match up with what I'm saying they have while playing? I assume I can't take a guy with a bolter pistol and say he's actually using a rocket launcher.

1A. If I gave a model a weapon from another faction, can I have that count as a weapon that model would normally be able to use? For example, if I gave a marine a Mechanicus pistol because I like the way it looks, can it function as a bolter pistol when in a game?

2. I saw that rules exist for putting certain HQ infantry units on speeder bikes. If I put a guy on a horse model, could I say it's a speeder bike for the purposes of tabletop play?

I get that the answers to these are probably going to depend a lot on what my opponent is willing to accept, but if there are any hard rules preventing these sorts of things, that'd be helpful to know.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Thanks dudes, I appreciate the long responses and these are very helpful.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Schadenboner posted:

I've always been partial to this one:

This is great. Semi-related question, where'd you get the Arbites? I've seen material related to them as a faction but the figures don't seem to be available anywhere.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Snail Information posted:

Has anyone ever seen or know of skeletons kitbashed as guardsmen. Maybe it's as simple as buying some skele kits and kitbashing them to be holding lasguns. It's surprisingly difficult to find model skeletons these days. The only ones I know of are the super busy AoS ones, and the warlord games ones which look very Halloween themed. I really want to do a spooky skele regiment of guards for halloween.

I'm in the long and exhausting process of kitbashing skeletons and space marines. I'm using the AoS generic skeleton warriors that I think you're talking about. Most of the bits have some kind of medieval-looking thing hanging off of them (armor scraps, scabbards, etc) but a few of them are plain bones that you could plausibly slot into IG dudes. The rub is that you'll need to get into recasting, otherwise the cost of getting the bits you want is going to be insane.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Snail Information posted:

How are you putting the bolters into their boney hands?

For some of them the arm/hand armor hasn't rotted away, so they still have their usual space marine hands. For others, I snagged a set of skeleton hands from Anvil Industries that has ones in the relevant poses.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Piggybacking on that lore question, what's life like for folks stuck on a planet inside the warp/Eye of Terror? Is it like the Event Horizon hell dimension 24/7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Stephenls posted:

Testing creation of Mark X Tacticus helms with Mantilla-pattern breather grills, created using thermoplastic impression of Tactical Squad helmet and regular Intercessor/Hellblaster helms that had their faces cut down a bit.

Did the one on the left first, and it's by far the best. Doing these is tricky. Also, I should have chosen smoother paints for the detail-revealing zenithal coat, since this gritty texture created by the Vallejo primer makes it look rougher than it is. Still, being able to do helmets that adhere to the visual language of the Primaris line while using the old scowly grills is nice.

Have you done write-ups about the process you use to create these? This seems super interesting and I'd love to know more about how you did it.