Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Trying to get a SoS and Custodes force together for 8th. Just finished these, I really like painting gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Felime posted:

Edit: Also for bronze, I prefer a red or purple shade to a brown one. gives it more color imo.

Got a citadel color suggestion for that? I hate brass scorpion and warplock bronze. They are way too close to the golds.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
So what's the verdict on AdMech? It's my main deal and I'm hearing worrying reports out there. But I guess I need to paint all these electro priests I have since they are good now?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Dumb question but I never played a mini game before. On the data sheets, what does the number after the weapon type mean? Does Heavy 6 mean six shots?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

GreenMarine posted:

Has anyone here used Mephiston red spray? I'm considering it to accelerate the base work on my loyalist Primaris Thousand Sons. Does it need a primer underneath?

I've heard say the primer and the colors are the same ingredients so you shouldn't need to prime.

I always do anyway...

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Pendent posted:

I'm about 95% done with the Redemptor I started at the beginning on the month. I'm still not up to the standard of a lot of you in this thread but this is the best thing I've ever painted. There's still some obvious finishing work that needs to be done like painting the rim, cleaning up that Aquila on the chest and varnishing the transfers but I'm so close and so happy with how it's come along.

Loving this awesome redemptor.

I suggest looking into micro set and micro sol for decal transfers. It’s really cheap and easy and makes decals look amazing and legit painted on. Especially for big models where it’s more noticeable, and won’t have to futs with varnishes quite as much to blend em in.

Kick your transfer game to the next level!

Edit: in fact if you haven’t varnished it’s not too late, can slap a bunch of sol on em.

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 14, 2018

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

SRM posted:

Yup! It also serves as a nice backdrop for everything without being physically intrusive.

This week on the :siren:40k Badcast:siren:, I fanboy about Stormtroopers for 83 minutes:
https://40kbadcast.com/2018/01/16/40k-badcast-24-our-first-coherent-episode/

So psyched and loved hearing last time that you almost love making it as much as I do listening to it.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Booley posted:

Did some terrain and reivers:

There's still more detailing that I could keep doing, but it's more than good enough for gameplay and I'm ready to move on to other projects.

This is some amazing poo poo right here. I thought that first picture was a 3D render for a second.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Finally finished painting up a unit of Allarus Custodians, first of my Custodes units to get finished. Next on the table are 9 Custodian Guard.

I should probably get a proper white backdrop and better lighting or something for these guys sometime.

These look great. I have a bunch of these base coated and mocking me, sitting on my table.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Titanicus rules sounds a lot like Battlefleet Gothic. I’m down.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I think they’re talking about Deathwatch codex.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Crazy Ferret posted:

I recently did a test model for my Deathwatch where I primed Grey and washed with Nuln Oil 3 or 4 times. I was super happy with the results. The times I've done primed black and painted black, I felt that was always a bit flat (though a blue or purple wash go a long way here). By priming grey, I felt the wash made the color stand out a bit more and not be so overwhelmingly dark, but instead be a bit more spread around.

Here are some quick pics. I should set up the light box and do some more. Pretty happy with how he is turning out (though the face is a bit of a loss).

Wait, so that’s just grey prime with layers of black wash? Hmmmmmm very interesting....

I’m trying really hard not to switch to deathwatch. I have half a painted ultramarines force I gave up on when the codex came out.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I don't think you can upgrade marines to primaris. No fluff suggests you can, and there's a lot that leans towards you can't.

That one post was mistaken, I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

ro5s posted:

I've been getting some painting done for once, and it's a 100% appropriate army for the times :zombie:

A full squad of 7 like Nurgle would want :colbert: Plus a sorcerer to go with them.

Thanks to all the goons who offered magnetising advice when I asked too, it turned out to be painless so the whole squad can load out with combiplas, combibolters and all the heavy weapons.

Those are super cool. I love the bug eyed guy with the insect carapace chest. Is there some customization going on there? I don’t remember seeing one like that before.