Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
It'll be a poo poo ton of cheap mortar squads and sniper special weapon squads. They're under 30pts.

Also they have the cheapest HQs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
You're going to need all those rerolls to reroll the 1 anti tank weapon you can afford!

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Yeast posted:

I don't know, I've got the points left over to put 9 las cannons on those sentinels :getin:

Oh really? Nice. I guess multi lasers cost more than I would have thought.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Tau can fit in 3 brigades with 50 points to spare too thanks to kroot hounds and sniper drone teams.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

LordAba posted:

So... Sisters aren't fairing that well, I don't think.

I've always had them mechanized, but lack of fire points might take a bit to get used to.

The Repressor from the new FW book does that. For 90 points it's a 12 wound rhino with a heavy flamer, storm bolter, a lovely melee ram and 6 fire points.

So much better than a Rhino :I

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Any of our resident Ork players want to give me some advice?

Koptas get the big bombs for free so I can see them being a really nice reaction to terminator type deep strike things. Also fly can let you charge straight over stuff into some backline artillery tank or whatever and tie that up. Probably best in units of 1 to engage as many separate units as possible and have no moral problems. I think they rule.

The mek won't be able to shoot out of a hardcased wagon. Probably better having him sat beside it anyway so he can do repairs. I'm excited to see the lifta droppa wagon that should be in the new FW index.

But I dunno I haven't even played yet.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Yeah these books are badly written disappointments that are not worth it imo

I think maybe a Runtherds Squig can eat up to 3 Grot tanks a turn when they fail morale? So that's a funny image.

Chinork koptas can't transport mega armor and aren't open topped so you cant shoot out of it either :(

At least the Lifta droppa wagon seems alright? Even though it can't throw anything around. 204pts for d6 auto hits. Each hit then rolls 2d6 against the targets strength to do a mortal wound. I'm probably overvaluing auto hits for Orks though.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

TKIY posted:

Some guy just went 5-0 in a UK GT with this list:

149 Razorwing flocks

Hahaha this owns! I'd fight it.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

adamantium|wang posted:

Am I the only one that misses Chaos Undivided?

Nope they really need more/to come back :(

Needs more undivided demons and stuff too

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Are furies trash? They cost 12 points each for this:

They seem like trash.

Khorne ones seem alright? 3 str 5 attacks on the charge and summoning them into the middle of a lot of stuff you're going to force moral tests on COULD potentially be good maybe?

You could probably shred stuff via leadership quite easily if you really went for it. In the FW stuff Butcher cannons give -2 to stuff it hits and the land raider can give -1 to stuff within 12. Then there's spawns, Nurgle icons and Belakor for -1 each.

Slaanesh demons Cacophonic Choir spell rolls 2d6 and does a mortal wound for each point over the targets leadership. Even against vehicles and stuff.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

xtothez posted:

Picked up these guys just before 8E release because I always liked the new kit and they have playable rules now:

Tyranid bloodbowl teams looking hella sick.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Pendent posted:

These drat newmarines are the worst, always checking their spacebook in the middle of battles. The next time I hear one of them making fun of how small I am I swear to the emperor I'm going to join the Red Corsairs!

Fukken 41st millennialsssssss and their tech heresy spacebook

#PreHeresyMyspaceMarinesCrew #ForTheEmperor

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
So if I have 6 killa kans with mega blasters, do I have to roll all hits separately to see who wounds themselves when it overheats?

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

NORTH-HALL posted:

So if I have 6 killa kans with mega blasters, do I have to roll all hits separately to see who wounds themselves when it overheats?

Gunna repost this now that the infinite music links have stopped.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
For Orky plasma, kustom Mega Blasters, it says "On a hit roll of 1, the bearer suffers a mortal wound" whether on tanks or troops.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Intercessors look great. Hellblasters too. In my opinion the more the unit diverges from the original style the worse it looks.

Yeah this. I'd imagine head swapped Reivers look amazing though.

Pls someone expertly photoshop beakie helms on to them please

NORTH-HALL fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 16, 2017

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Rando posted:

I picked up a new-in-box old school Immolator.

Any advice on which set of weapons to use? I'm leaning flamers but also considering bolters for the tripled range.

Totally go for flamers if you put a dominion squad in it. It's a 12 inch double heavy flamer too, hard to charge that out of its range.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

raverrn posted:

Plasma weapons with the company banner are my new favorite 40k thing. Overheating just means you get to shoot some more!

Yeah ancients look fun, a good way to make sure centurions get to do something?

Every death would let you shoot a hurricane bolter or heavy weapon. With apothecaries to heal up or revive with 1 wound left to get a lot of firepower back that turn who will then die next turn only to shoot yet again. I guess it won't happen too much as you have to heal someone to full before you can revive others but oh well.

I'd like to do a centurion heavy army someday, I love how they play. All the dakka on a tiny amount dudes. The models are terrible though.

Maybe I'll make a chapter that suffered massive losses and make up for their low numbers by taking ALL OF THE GUNS into battle. Represented by primaris big bois covered in stabilizers lugging around borderline flash gitz guns. Like loyalist Obliterators.

The Dark Indemnifiers or some poo poo.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Using Possessed and Warp talons as word bearers sounds good.

Being Demons you can summon a Herald of Slaanesh right next to them on demand to give them +1S and then cast Frenzy for an immediate pile in fight.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Obvious segway rough rider joke

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

chutche2 posted:

Also who drives their rhinos?

Freed prisoners arrested for road rage related incidents .

They're constantly honking the horn. They're really annoying to go into battle with.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Rano Pano posted:

Decided to start some T'' 'a'' '' 'u!

Oh hey it's White Glint from armored core (I like it)

~Wh'ite G'lint~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Finally caught up with this thread again. Such happy news for the Tyranids.

I'm guessing Ork Blood Axes will get that -1 to hit from over 12" trait when the codex comes around. Can't think of any for the others.