Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
In this week's edition of Things Blood Angels Cannot Take For Some Reason- Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators.

Edit- Just so the top of this page isn't my whining, here's some Necromunda terrain I'll be playing with shortly

https://imgur.com/a/O8uRg

ThNextGreenLantern fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question about GW Customer Service - I ordered a box off eBay that was unopened and still shrink wrapped. When I opened it, one of the sprues was busted - the weapons on the mini were broken off and I couldn't find it in the box.

Will they send me out a replacement bit, or would I have to return it through eBay?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zuul the Cat posted:

Question about GW Customer Service - I ordered a box off eBay that was unopened and still shrink wrapped. When I opened it, one of the sprues was busted - the weapons on the mini were broken off and I couldn't find it in the box.

Will they send me out a replacement bit, or would I have to return it through eBay?
I find theyre pretty "no questions asked" in my limited experience with them.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Anyone have a closeup on that wrist thing that some Primaris Marines have? I'm trying to get ideas on how I'm gonna paint mine.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

They quite likely have your back since it was still in the shrinkwrap.

Though I doubt they'd make any fuss even if it weren't.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's been more than half a decade since I last called, but just call up customer support, they'll ask where you got it and ask for a number off the box, and they'll send you out a new one.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
And if you include all the pertinent numbers first go the CSR will be happy and possibly more forgiving.

E:not that it sounds like there's anything to forgive here. But if anything is off it does help to make it super easy for them to just help you.

Felime fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 17, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

chutche2 posted:

I've been running mine with las+plas a lot recently and I've been liking it a lot, yeah. I haven't been using a lot of heavy AT weapons so the lascannon helps, and 4 plasma shots + 4 storm bolter shots is pretty solid. Just never try overheating it.

https://bitsofwar.com/home/497-legionary-apc-turret-lascannon-with-twin-plasma-gun.html

Lasplas are so expensive compared to assbacks though. The price diff is ridiculous for the effectiveness

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zuul the Cat posted:

Worst case scenario you'll need to send them a picture and a batch number for the box. Last year I had some old metal ork kannons that were missing their grot crew in their blisters and they just sent me two new kannons, crew and all, right away. The replacements were Finecast but honestly good enough.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

Baltimore Ravens: "Hold my beer."

There's something really wrong with that chapter name generator.

Also I just googled Reivers to look at models and was surprised to learn, that it isn't some GWish mangled copyright word:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Reivers

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Corrode posted:

Lasplas are so expensive compared to assbacks though. The price diff is ridiculous for the effectiveness

idk, it's a 10 point difference. In lower point games having that extra lascannon makes a difference, at higher points I tend to use the assault cannon for weight of fire.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Deleter posted:

So if I have a Skitarii Vanguard Alpha and I equip him with whatever melee/pistol he should have, does he still have his Rad Carbine? Moreover, how would I model that on his model? I assume some conversion would have to be done.

Requoting this as it got lost amongst the Marine Challenge.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Deleter posted:

Requoting this as it got lost amongst the Marine Challenge.

If it says replace then you lose the rifle, if it doesn't say replace you keep it.

You can always just model him with a holstered pistol and call it whatever.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

In this week's edition of Things Blood Angels Cannot Take For Some Reason- Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators.

Well you see GW has to take some units out to compensate for all the unique units BA get. You can't just have all the base SM stuff and add all the special snowflake stuff on top of it, that'd just be silly.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Worst case scenario you'll need to send them a picture and a batch number for the box. Last year I had some old metal ork kannons that were missing their grot crew in their blisters and they just sent me two new kannons, crew and all, right away. The replacements were Finecast but honestly good enough.

Okay cool. I emailed them last week and still haven't heard back, which is why i'm asking.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Well you see GW has to take some units out to compensate for all the unique units BA get. You can't just have all the base SM stuff and add all the special snowflake stuff on top of it, that'd just be silly.

Reminder: the blood angels army that's all about jump packs and flyers and got the stormraven first can't use either the stormhawk or stormtalon. I'm betting that as soon as the space marine codex drops i'll be running generic "red marines" because we'll be even more screwed. From the battlereport they streamed on twitch on friday, intercessors came in 10 man squads and inceptors in 5 man squads. Somehow I'm doubting blood angels will get either of those, or the other new primaris stuff since GW said that we're supposed to keep using the index until our codex releases.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

You have to admit it's super dumb that a first founding chapter doesn't get access to the armor they used during the heresy but the Space Goku chapter somebody at your local store made up does.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Fluff doesn't justify stupid game design

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pendent posted:

You have to admit it's super dumb that a first founding chapter doesn't get access to the armor they used during the heresy but the Space Goku chapter somebody at your local store made up does.

Nah they melted them all down to make Lucifer engines and Baal Predators.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Hixson posted:

I mean, sure, but how would that be broken? There's plenty of other stuff that makes complete fluff+balance sense for them not to give us. Those other marks of terminator armor are basically just sidegrades though- I'm not even sure I'd use them if they were an option.

Zark the Damned posted:

Nah they melted them all down to make Lucifer engines and Baal Predators.

The engines which were then promptly forgotten about during the Age of Guilliman. Really looking forward to that full codex :sigh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JoshTheStampede posted:

It isn't, they specifically clarified that it's after all modifiers.

RE: Gets Hot, doesn't this mean that if you roll a 1 with a -1 to hit, that it's actually a 0 and you don't Get Hot? :v:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Strobe posted:

RE: Gets Hot, doesn't this mean that if you roll a 1 with a -1 to hit, that it's actually a 0 and you don't Get Hot? :v:

No, the developer's commentary states you cannot get a cumulative result of less than 1, specifically for situations like that.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Lame.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Hixson posted:

I mean, for a games company, yeah

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I have a gigantic shitload of off-brand cultist proxies that I want to color en masse so that they're slightly better than just gray plastic models

Luckily none of these models have exposed skin, just uniforms and helmets and gas masks and generic weapons that look like auto-guns

Would "dipping" be OK for this and how would you go about that because I've only heard of it but never seen it done before

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Anyone else got a Leman Russ Punisher Cannon. I can offer any of the turrets off the LRBT Tank, or a few bucks in cash>

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Naramyth posted:

-2 to cast is pretty good but I don't know if that would solve the issue. He is only one model.

Although since he can't be targeted can you smite past him? Maybe I'll need to bring some guns in my demon list.

My understanding is it would cause smite to do nothing since it is unable to effect the closest target. Another plus side is if you sit one in front of Guilliman then he has to be targeted first and can only be hit on a 6+.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I picked up a new-in-box old school Immolator. You add metal parts to convert it out of one of the original trapezoid shaped rinos.

The only turret weapons that comes with the kit are twin heavy flamers. I imagine I could convert it into double heavy bolters or multi meltas.

Any advice on which set of weapons to use? I'm leaning flamers but also considering bolters for the tripled range.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah I've been thinking about adding a culexus to my lists to deal with the smite spam. Plus all the poo poo I want to kill in tyranids are psykers, primarily broodlords are what I have trouble against. Making them fail some catalyst rolls and shooting up T5 broodlords with the animus would be nice.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know how the raven guard get rerolls for jump pack troops and -1 to hit? Well, the orks were just leaked, and ork units get a +1ld bonus when in max sized units.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

Rando posted:

I picked up a new-in-box old school Immolator.

Any advice on which set of weapons to use? I'm leaning flamers but also considering bolters for the tripled range.

Totally go for flamers if you put a dominion squad in it. It's a 12 inch double heavy flamer too, hard to charge that out of its range.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Booley posted:

Reminder: the blood angels army that's all about jump packs and flyers and got the stormraven first can't use either the stormhawk or stormtalon. I'm betting that as soon as the space marine codex drops i'll be running generic "red marines" because we'll be even more screwed. From the battlereport they streamed on twitch on friday, intercessors came in 10 man squads and inceptors in 5 man squads. Somehow I'm doubting blood angels will get either of those, or the other new primaris stuff since GW said that we're supposed to keep using the index until our codex releases.

Except intercessors and inceptors are both on the BA list, and you always use the most recent version of a data sheet. So BAs will use the codex Intercessors when the codex drops.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

FromTheShire posted:

From way back in the thread, but what's your process for these guys? That's exactly the look I want to use for my 'construction vehicle/mining' themed GSC army for the rockgrinders, tanks, etc.

You'll have to raise PaintVagrant from the grave to get his recipe. It was all commission work from years ago.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Orks being able to use the number of models in a unit as that unit's leadership would be a really fluffy army bonus.

They could call it 'Mob Rule' or something.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

goose willis posted:

I have a gigantic shitload of off-brand cultist proxies that I want to color en masse so that they're slightly better than just gray plastic models

Luckily none of these models have exposed skin, just uniforms and helmets and gas masks and generic weapons that look like auto-guns

Would "dipping" be OK for this and how would you go about that because I've only heard of it but never seen it done before

Dipping would be totally ok. You can get an army dip style thing, or a stain from a hardware store and use that. My preference for butt-load painting is washes (same thing, but put on with a brush so you don't get big globs). Plus that way you can make the wash any colour.

These (20) dudes were primed grey, then washed with a watered down purple, then hit with a black and brown wash. All 20 took maybe 2 hours to get to that point - then another 2 to pick out some clothes and horns and wash again. Dip will do the same thing a little quicker, but you'll lose variety in the colour.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Dipping would be totally ok. You can get an army dip style thing, or a stain from a hardware store and use that. My preference for butt-load painting is washes (same thing, but put on with a brush so you don't get big globs). Plus that way you can make the wash any colour.

These (20) dudes were primed grey, then washed with a watered down purple, then hit with a black and brown wash. All 20 took maybe 2 hours to get to that point - then another 2 to pick out some clothes and horns and wash again. Dip will do the same thing a little quicker, but you'll lose variety in the colour.

Huh. I've got all of the P3 inks, maybe I'll try using those to do my 30 plaguebearers.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Wow those look awesome

Are there any products in particular that you'd recommend for mass power-loving through loads of cheap bland models?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ayn Marx posted:

Grav chutes confirmed?

I'm sorry, did you say "plastic flayed ones?"

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

goose willis posted:

Wow those look awesome

Are there any products in particular that you'd recommend for mass power-loving through loads of cheap bland models?

Not really - a decent spray primer (I use tamiya, but that poo poo is $$ for hordes). Any acrylic paint can be watered down for a wash with just water, and it'll last for ever. Put a brush worth of paint into about 5-6 brushes of water, it should be the consistency of water but opaque. But two washes that are well worth buying are a black and a sepia/burnt ochre/umber (ie, dark reddy-brown). A rubbish brush for dry brushing, too.

Lots of people use and love army-dips, though, so feel free to give that a crack and see if it's your style. This is all a very personal thing - with hordes you need to find a way that is quick & easy but still suits your tastes.

If you're going for something more solid/pretty I would very strongly recommend an air brush and spending some time learning it. They will make your life unbelievably easier, and make your painting so much nicer as base coats start perfectly smooth and with some level of shading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

moths posted:

I'm sorry, did you say "plastic flayed ones?"

Nah, those are still the same Finecast ones.