Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So that's: Prime black, basecoat Naggaroth Night, drybrush Xereus Purple, wash Druchii Purple. That's a god-drat RICH purple.

Dude, good to know. I am going to do my Primaris as Soul Drinkers and I have been waffling where to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

GreenMarine posted:

The base is:

- Slather on Armageddon Dunes, wait for it to set.
- Drybrush Hexos Palesun
- Drybrush Tyrant Skull
- Wash with Cassandora Yellow, wait to dry
- Drybrush Hexos Palesun
- Drybrush Tyrant Skull

I got the recipe out of a White Dwarf, whichever one had the 20-30 recipes for texturing paints.

Hot drat, I'm only doing the Armageddon -> agrax -> Tyrant Skull. I am going to have to try that.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

koreban posted:

Got my shapeways shoulderpad emblems delivered today and they're going on my First Strike Intercessors really well. I'm looking forward to finishing up painting my 1ksons and them moving on to Blüüd Rähvëns :rock:

Sup Blood Ravens buddy.

Mine arrived a couple days ago and have been turning out great. Only used them with Intercessors and Reivers so far, but they look great.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Pictures of said Blood Ravens!

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Finished my Blood Ravens just in time for my Nids to come back into play! Hooray!

Image bomb alert!

Army for tomorrow's 1250 tournament:
BLOOD RAVENS DETACHMENT [Ultramarines] - 1248pts, 6cp

HQ:
Captain in Gravis Armor (The Santic Halo): 137pts
Primaris Librarian: 105pts
Primaris Lieutenant (Power Sword): 74pts

Troops:
5 Intercessors, standard bolt rifle (Aux Grenade): 101pts
5 Intercessors, standard bolt rifle (Aux Grenade): 101pts
5 Scouts (4x Sniper Rifles, BoltPistol/Chainsword, 5x Camo Cloaks): 86pts

Elites:
3 Aggressors (Bolt Storm Gauntlets/Grenade Launchers): 129pts

Fast Attack:
3 Inceptors (Assault Bolters): 180pts

Heavy:
5 Hellblasters (regular): 165pts
5 Hellblasters (assault): 170pts

Warlord: Adept of the Codex
Librarian: Smite; Null Zone; Psychic Scourge

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

goose willis posted:

Those scouts look so puny in comparison lmao

As a friend put it: "How cute -- they brought their kids with them!"

Booley posted:

I love the more purply red that you've got going there

It's a Duncan special: Khorne Red -> Agrax Earthshade -> Khorne Red -> Evil Suns Crimson -> Wild Rider touchups on some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nCScpgDhA

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

goose willis posted:

Can you take a photo of one of the scouts standing next to a big daddy boy

It's take your kid to work day! Little Timmy likes his chainsword.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Got a game in with The Sex Cannon today. 1500 of my Berzerkers vs his Armored Steel Legion, complete with multiple psykers and a healthy amount of firepower behind a screening line of guards. It... went poorly for me. The mission was one of the Chapter Approved missions with cumulative points for securing objectives, killing units, and a few other details. Unfortunately I rolled the worst possible deployment, didn't get first turn, and things went downhill from there. Fortunately Dan's a fun guy to play with because holy crap did my guys get murdered. It was a challenge to think about how to best use everything when you're used to taking Orks, moving them as far forward as you can, and wrapping everything up in assault.

I've been playing Khorne since 8th started, and it's extremely swingy. You need to have delivery systems for them, and I use a Kharybdis and a Land Raider to bring them in and cause chaos afterwards. The issue is that there's very little ballast in the list; it all has to be going for the jugular immediately or it's going to get wiped off. Additionally, most of your stuff is 1 damage, so you need weight of damage.

I had to stop using my Bloodthirster because it takes two turns to deploy really and it's not there long enough most of the time. :(

One major recommendation, though: An exalted champion to go with your largest batch of Berserkers. I broke a necron player's army in half with 19 berserkers and that fun guy dropping down, and he's relatively cheap if you don't go crazy in upgrades.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Is anyone going to Las Vegas Open?

My brother just moved to Vegas so I'm going to use it as an excuse to visit him and check out the show.

I am doing the 40k Narrative and going to a hockey game. Proper Canadian visit.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Bloodthirsters definitely last longer if there's more distractions. Daemon Prince with the artifact axe is as killy as a BT but can be screen by other units. a blood letter bomb works great as a distraction as well, though is CP intensive.

Or take a second blood thirster!

I'm currently playing a Tzeentch batallion with a Khorne patrol. Causes enough conniptions that the blood thirster isn't immediately burnt down.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Those are fantastic, and were inspiration for me to do a lot of the same, but with orange instead. I only have the HQ and the Skopeths left, so I need to learn power weapon painting here pdq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

Killer_Bees! posted:

Oh man, I was torn between the white base with either Blue, Orange or the Green. The Tesseract Glow paint came out so it sold me on the green, but the Orange done the same way would be brutal awesome!

It works!

I'm finally into the more interesting models so there'll be less white. I also need to learn how to take better pictures apparently.