Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I talked myself into buying the box to get biglies so I picked that up and also played a game today. Got stomped as usual. Asked some guys what they'd recommend for an Ultramarine army to make myself more competitive. They told me to get more vehicles.

Why'd I buy biglies again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Endman posted:

I wonder if there's a version of AoS Skirmish in the works for 8th, because I'd be all over that

Wasn't that Kill Team?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Geoff Zahn posted:

I think I am going to cancel my Dark Imperium Pre-order through Frontline because they still haven't shipped it and basically said 'Welp, we don't know when we will get more, maybe at the end of the month or something I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ' when I called them about it. Miniature Market's site shows they have quite a few in stock now. How is their shipping?

It's been a while but MM always did a good job when I was ordering X-Wing and 40k Conquest (rip in peace).

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Does anyone know what the hell glue I need to use to get the Inceptors to attach to the flight stands they came with? I've tried super glue and model glue and have had no luck with either. Gorilla glue?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

After putting together 15 scouts, I have a new found appreciation for how well done the Primarus models are.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

This appeared on the GW website today so apparently all of these are happening

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

goose willis posted:

What's good for dissolving acrylic paint on a model without dissolving the plastic figure itself?

Simple Green and a toothbrush

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

goose willis posted:

Isn't Simple Green basically Pine Sol?

Probably? I'm sure they both work as well. Neither should dissolve plastic.

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 2, 2017

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

goose willis posted:

Warptime gives a unit a free movement phase, big loving deal

Warp Talons come in from the warp more than 9" from an enemy unit, psyker casts warp time on them, they walk up to the enemy unit and then charge them. Their deep strike warp whatever ability says that on the turn they come in, enemy unit can't overwatch. They then proceed to take that unit off the board.

Guy did this to me this weekend and it was loving brutal.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Xarlaxas posted:

Technically not legal, or, at least, disputable, as the rules say:

I sent the 40k Facebook page a message asking it using Warptime on Warp Talons that just came in through Warpflame Strike, and they said they'd check, no answer yet, and it wasn't in the first round of FAQs.

I'd argue *no* even though I'd love to do that with my crazy flying clawed demon marines. :v:

I'll be interested to hear what they say about that. I thought that it was that they couldn't move during their movement phase (mostly because most deep strike abilities say that they can deploy at the end of their movement phase) but Warptime allows them to move during psychic. Didn't see that it says that they can't move during the remainder of the turn.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Ruins is in the advanced rules section later in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Is anyone else running the Primarus Lieutenants? I have been using one and a Captain in Gravis Armor and I feel like they are pretty good, but I am a bad judge of things so I don't know :shrug: