Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MAGA Warlord posted:

gently caress my multivolume history of the TRUMP thread is completely hosed w/o all the primary sources, gently caress
:same:
RIP Trump Thread Volume IV.
You were taken too soon.

Long Live Trump Thread Volume V.
May the piss tape grace your sweet pages.

is all the donny thread volume IV lost like tears in the rain?

Nichael has issued a correction as of 05:45 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

that dude who saw Ben Carson at a wedding, he still missing???

:rip:

yup! we need to set up a witcher contract to have someone find him i think

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

old thred still has 2 unread posts that are going to drive me loving nuts ZDR

Volume IV ended on so many unresolved questions! It's annoying that it's gone because so much of its history is kind of useful in reviewing the utter madness of the post-Escalator Era.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

i think we should probably take a sec to just step back n feel great as a community about all the good posting that happened in the last trump thread. rest in piss trumpenthread IV hail trumpenthread V, and also hail satan
Trump Thread Volume IV was the first I didn't make top 30 in, it was pretty shameful for me tbh.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

its pretty cool and funny that the other trump threads are goldmined and one is just disappeared

Trump Thread Volume IV was a MESS

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Humidora posted:

There never was a trump thread u guys are starting to lose it hth

what's trump?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

i for one am excited that we have a new thread because I can start over and make insightful, meaningful posts instead of constantly shitposting

this is absolutely what i plan to do-do

(like poop)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cheese eats mouse posted:

anyone have that summary someone wrote up in the last thread about rosentreft and Mitch McConnell funded through Russian super pacs

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820719&pagenumber=3626&perpage=40#post473458829
I saved it. I don't have his in-text links.

Many new links added and a few additions to the timeline. As always, as-yet-unverified information now appears in italics, and please feel free to correct/clarify me on any details or dates, or suggest new pieces to add.

The Players

Leonard Blavatnik is a Ukraine-born American businessman. He made his fortune through diversified investments in myriad companies through his conglomerate company, Access Industries. In 2015, he was named Britain's richest man with an estimated net worth of £17.1 billion as of April 2015. He and a friend from university, Viktor Vekselberg, joined with Mikhail Fridman's Alfa Group to form the AAR venture, which in 2011 was responsible for stopping the BP merger with Rosneft Oil, the Russian state-owned petrocorp (1). In March 2013, at Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt, there was a transfer of nearly $28 billion in U.S. currency from an account controlled by Rosneft, to one controlled by four Russian billionaires: Blavatnik, Vekselberg, Mikhail Fridman, and German Khan (2). Rosneft Chief Executive Igor Sechin, often described as Russia's second-most-powerful man, was the central figure behind the deal.

In addition to funding Trump's inauguration party, Blavatnik has long funded Mitch McConnell's super-PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund; see FEC filings showing donations of $1M in December 2015, $500k in April 2016, and $1M on October 25 2016; note that AI Altep is a shell company of Access Industries (3). Also notice that Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone shows up for more than $2M on the October 25 filing, having also given $370k just one week prior. In October 2016, the dark-money super-PAC One Nation donates $11M to the Senate Leadership Fund, with which they share an office.

Following his election, Trump appointed as Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao -- who is Mitch McConnell's wife and donated $42k to campaigns of Senators who would later vote on her confirmation, including her husband. During the Obama-Trump transition, McConnell had raised doubts about the CIA's report that Russian hacking affected the election, and made clear that "he would consider any effort by the Obama White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics" (4). In mid-2016, McConnell's brother-in-law Jim Breyer (husband of Chao's sister Angela, the CEO of the Bank of China, and a billionaire investor in his own right) joined the board of Schwarzman's Blackstone Group. Almost a year later, following a $110B+ arms deal brokered with Saudi Arabia by Jared Kushner, the Saudis subsequently announced a $20B+ investment into Blackstone Group for U.S. infrastructure. Blackstone, especially the real estate arm led by Jonathan Gray, has long been involved with Kushner's enterprises.

A handwritten ledger surfaced in Ukraine in 2016 with dollar amounts and dates next to the name of Paul Manafort, who was then Donald Trump’s campaign chairman. Ukrainian investigators called it evidence of off-the-books payments from a pro-Russian political party. Financial records confirmed that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Manafort’s name were actually received by his consulting firm in the United States in 2007 and 2009 (5). Manafort's political ties to former Ukrainian PM Viktor Yanukovich have been well documented.

The Timeline

On June 14 2016, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Speaker Paul Ryan have separate meetings with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladimir Groysman, in which Groysman talks about Russia's financial support of populist politicians and their efforts to undermine democratic governments in Eastern Europe. The next day, McCarthy joked to Ryan and other GOP leaders that he thinks "Putin pays…Trump", after which Ryan laughs and tells the group not to leak the conversation (read the transcript here).

In August 2016, CIA Director John Brennan informs Congressional leadership (the Gang of Eight, as well as Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan) that Russia is intervening in the American election on behalf of Trump. On August 4 2016, Brennan confronts the head of Russia's FSB about the matter.

According to the famous "Steele Dossier" that comes to light in December 2016, one of Steele's inside sources describes the July 2016 meeting between Igor Sechin and Carter Page, Trump policy adviser from his campaign and foreign policy team. (In October, Russian experts would conclude that the inside source was probably a former KGB general, Oleg Erovinkin. In late December 2016, Erovinkin is found dead in his car.) According to the dossier, Sechin offers to broker a 19% sale of Rosneft to Trump's associates in return for the lifting of economic sanctions on Russia (image). Page has an audio recording of Trump promising to fulfill his end of the bargain. During the months of the general election, Trump's campaign has at least 18 undisclosed meetings/contacts with Russian officials.

On Election Day 2016, Stephen Schwarzman's housekeeper is pushed under a subway train (image, bottom]).

Following Trump's victory in November, the transition team quickly began moving to develop sanction relief for Russia, causing alarmed State Dept. officials to urge legislation codifying the sanctions. In early December, Kushner has a meeting with the Russian ambassador/spymaster Sergey Kislyak at Trump Tower, in which the men discuss the possibility of a secret back-channel for communications between the Trump team and the Kremlin.

In January 2017, 19.5% of Rosneft Oil is sold to a shell-of-shell-of-shell holding owned by (at the end of the chain) the trust company Intertrust [see the middle of image for holdings flowchart from Reuters, and tracing through shells from QHG to Intertrust]. Intertrust's major shareholder is Blackstone Group and therefore Stephen Schwarzman, who had been named chairman of the strategic and policy forum by Trump in December (he was offered a full-time role in the administration, but declined). Schwarzman now controls around 19% of Rosneft, as promised by Sechin, and has been seen with Trump at Mar-a-lago and many public events (image, bottom]). He remains a constant advisor to Trump.

On January 10 2017, Susan Rice, (Obama’s NSA), consults Michael Flynn about a plan to retake Raqqa from ISIS with the help of Syrian Kurdish forces. (The plan would have been executed under Trump, so Obama’s team wanted Flynn’s approval.) Flynn’s decision is to forestall the attack, an answer that happens to conform to the wishes of the Turkish government, which was benefiting from his lobbying work for which Flynn was paid at least $500,000. While Trump would eventually approve the military plan, Flynn’s decision 10 days before Trump took office delays the operation by several months. Flynn informs the Trump transition team that he is under investigation by the FBI for having been a foreign agent.

On January 27 2017, Donald Trump invites FBI Director James Comey to the White House for a private dinner, in which he asks for Comey's loyalty and assurances that there is no Russia investigation. The memos written by Comey regarding this and other conversations with Trump substantially corroborate his testimony before Congress.

In February, Trump asks Pence and Sessions to leave the Oval Office before pressuring Comey again to drop the Flynn investigation; Comey writes a detailed memo about this conversation. In March, Trump asked the director of national intelligence and the director of the National Security Agency to make statements confirming that the investigation had cleared him.

In late March, Flynn requests immunity from the Senate Intelligence Committee and the FBI in return for his testimony; his lawyer claims he has "a story to tell". On April 1 2017, this request is denied.

On April 27 2017, the "Mayflower Meeting" is held, shortly before Trump's first foreign policy speech, having been organized by his campaign chair Paul Manafort and Kremlin-think-tank coordinator Jacob Heilbrunn. In the room are Jeff Sessions (photo), Jared Kushner, and Manafort, along with ambassadors from Russia, Singapore, and the Philippines, and unidentified representatives from Rosneft. Trump's Secretary of Commerce is Wilbur Ross. He is the former vice-chair of the Bank of Cyprus, of which Vekselberg is the major shareholder. Ross, Schwarzman, Blavatnik, and McConnell/Chao would put together an $1T infrastructure plan that would depend on foreign money, as Chao admitted to Sean Hannity on Fox News on March 1 2017.

On May 9 2017, James Comey is fired as FBI Director, the week after he visited the "rocket docket" in federal court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and just days after he requested more resources for the Trump/Russia investigation. On May 10 2017, Trump meets with Russian FM Sergey Lavrov and Russian ambassador/spymaster Sergey Kislyak, in the Oval Office, without American press allowed but in the presence of Russian state media. At this meeting, Trump divulges code-word classified information from an Israeli intelligence source regarding the ISIS laptop-bomb plot; this source is said to be the most important double agent now working in ISIS, according to the Israeli Directorate of Military Intelligence (Aman). Trump also refers to Comey as a "nut job", and claims to the Russians that the investigation will be over now that Comey is gone (6). The same day of the Oval Office meeting with Russian diplomats, a federal grand jury in EDVA hands down multiple subpoenas for business/lobbying associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, regarding his foreign contacts in Turkey (Ekim Alptekin) and Russia (David Zaikin).

On May 11 2017, the Strategic Campaign Group's office is raided in Annapolis by the FBI and U.S. Marshals following the warrants handed down by EDVA from two separate grand juries, corresponding to ~25 indictments regarding money-laundering and many other charges. Less than a week later, former FBI Director Robert Mueller is appointed by the Deputy Attorney General to oversee the Russia investigation. In testimony before the House Intelligence Committee on May 23 2017, former CIA Director John Brennan verified that in August 2016 he had informed the Gang of Eight and others (including Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan) that Russia was intervening in the election on Trump's behalf. In late May, Jared Kushner is revealed to be among the targets of the FBI's Russia probe.

On June 2 2017, Mueller assumes control over the federal grand jury criminal investigations of Paul Manafort and Michael Flynn. James Comey testifies before the Senate Intel Committee on June 8 2017. The following week, Mueller's team confirms that they are investigating the president in part for obstruction of justice with respect to Comey and the Russia probe; as a result, Senate Intel agrees to avoid pursuing that aspect.

References:
1. Yenikeyeff, Shamil, "BP, Russian billionaires, and the Kremlin: a Power Triangle that never was", Oxford Energy Comment, November 23, 2011
2. Vardi, Nathan, "The Four Horsemen of Russia's Economic Apocalypse", Forbes, February 9, 2015
3. SEC statement identifying Al Altep as a shell of Access Industries
4. Entous et al. "Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House", Washington Post, December 9 2016
5. AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout
6. Apuzzo et al. "NYTimes, May 19 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

i bought wolfenstein the new order because it is on sale and also for the other very obvious reason

How much and where? After seeing that :krad: trailer for the sequel, I'm buying it and the first one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

it's :10bux: on steam

sweet, thanks for pointing that out. getting it this weekend

pyrotek posted:

if not nex t week, soon

the piss must flow
I hope, but I'm worried if/when he does (assuming he isn't too much of a pussy to), full nothing matters will kick in and nothing will matter.

pyrotek posted:

it was shut down by the nukes already

this is the afterlife

trump is god now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

remember when trum said he'd defeat isis in his first 30 days

lol remember when he threatened to kill his political opponent twice rofl

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

D1E posted:

LOL remember when hosed the debate chair

remember when he said five innocent black men should be put to death lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

meet girls at the store posted:

Wait now how am I supposed to know how many days Trump had been president?

Is he gonna be president forever?

http://howlonghasdonaldtrumpbeenpresident.com/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

he became president of the United States in that moment, period

which moment? the first where he said second amendment people could take care of clinton, or the second where he said he'd like to see her without body guards? I'm leaning towards the first tbh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zas posted:

nah that one guy did and trump was like 'i'll know it when im prez AND i'll learn it faster than you ever could'

wasn't it actually a right wing pundit who did this? and yeah, donny did answer like that. and people believed him. they still believe him.

we're doomed lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

argh, so many posts lost in the widn :(

anything new happened

we were lied to about the imminent release of the piss tape

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

baldurs gate 1 and 2 were basically the perfect RPG's and its all kinda been downhill since then

guess you never heard of a little game called dragon age 2 :smugdon:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Typo posted:

so I was out eating dinner with a group of people and one of them was russian lady who immigrated couple years ago, the topic turned over to politik and someone was like "so do u believe russia hacked the election" and she was like "lol no, every1 always accuse russia of evil stuff it's not true"

I like how it's an open question whether Russia involved, much like similar open questions like does evolution exist, or do humans impact climate change.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

instead of a grilled cheese sandwich, you can enjoy cucumber slices with a few drops of tapatio on them for a spicy summer treat

uhh :yeah:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

DA2 legit has bioware's best character interaction system or whatever in any of their games

it also had the worst characters in any of their games and also everything else was bad so people didn't notice or care about the one real good thing

I actually think so too! Except, I like DA2's cast. I've never disliked a Bioware character.

Even after starting The Witcher 3 for the first time and actually playing it through (like 50% done or so), I still think Dragon Age is better lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Myron Baloney posted:

I don't know how to handle a trump thread that I'm caught up with. Just feels weird

have you considered :orb:ing?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the correct position to take is hating on russian billionaires instead of the country itself because what's happening to its citizens is entirely because of kleptocracy and the fact that sanctions are loving useless at anything other than loving poors

mueller is going to ruin the oligarchs more than anything congress will consider and he's not even intending to do that

I like Russian people. I always have fun with them in the dumb games I play online.

Wolfsheim posted:

it is impossible that a human being liked merrill or sebastian

fenris i kinda get
I liked Merrill and Sebastian pretty much for the reactions they got out of the others. Varric hating Sebastian after liking literally everyone else in 2 and Inquisition is pretty funny.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

masters of orion 2 was real good

I romanced Merrill in my first DA2 playthrough and I hated her by the end but w/e props to them for trolling all nerd for making the buff redhead fantasy warrior chick unobtainable

Aveline is one of the best video game characters ever.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

how could you even know this

two archers in the same party??

are you out

of your

fuckin

MIND

Varric complains about Sebastian regardless, and still takes every opportunity to insult him in the third game (and I think even in the comics).

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

she was awesome and should have been a party character in Inquisition

I actually don't think so, it wouldn't have made sense. She should come back in future games, but she had no natural role in the third one and was better served by just living her life.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ages posted:

She deserved a better game

or her own game

like Noire, but with dragons and magic

I'd play a solo spinoff of her solving dumb crimes in her dumb city.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ages posted:

Well, it looks like this mage is innocent

*releases mage*

*mage immediately rips a hole in reality with blood magic and murders thousands*

case closed, lets go grab some coffee.

I just like that Varric clearly used her as the inspiration for his novel's cover in the third game :3:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't care about her fake life and dumb npc husband, I just wanted a better backup tank than blackwall
you'd be a dick in westworld, I think

GobiasIndustries posted:

if the answer isn't 'something that's dead' then ur doing something wrong

:wrong: spiders are cool

love each other

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nah spiders are creepy AF

I am actually watching Arrested Development though

e: season 2 episode 6, the Christmas party

Don and Ivanka sing Afternoon Delight all the time knowing full well what the meaning is.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

apparently this is real and not an edit like i thought it was

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm sure the republican house has our best interest at heart lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

the voice acting for irenicus is superb in BG2, one of the best vidja game performances

BG2 has voice acting? How much and is it all good? That increases the chances I'll play it, honestly. Good acting gives so much more life to a game.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

a certain equipped item squeaks when you try to move it :3:

I only know this from the later Bioware games that reference this.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

that's more effort than recent bioware games put in major plotlines
Inquisition's plot is good if you ignore the bad guy and think about it in context of actual bad guy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jazerus posted:

it has character blurbs like starcraft's unit blurbs

you shouldn't seek out rpgs w/ voice acting imo because the huge expense that rises with every line that has to be recorded always limits the depth of the designers' ambition and reduces the complexity of the dialogue (unless obsidian is the developer)

nah, I should because voice acting is really cool and actors bring characters to life more than text and animations

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

what the gently caress, i tried to get into the old thread and freaked out!!!

:same:

welcome to Trump Thread Volume V

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

ill never find out what those last 194 posts are

pee tape

but it was of don jr, not don sr :yikes:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

im gonna look up a bg2 lp now thanks to you guys and pass out watching it

its dumb but i like you folks and your opinions matter to me

Donald Trump is a good person and a great president.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deadgoon posted:

u should've hosed andy dick so u would have a story to tell, about loving andy dick

doesn't everyone have that story though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

Still not the sex page? Day crew even sadder than nite crew.

Hard to get sexy when there's no videos of presidents being peed on

• Locked thread