Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I thought that Gods do not need the nourishment from mortal foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The GOP base likes Bernie to some extent since hes anti-establishment and he was sticking it to Hillary. I'm sure that they will lockstep turn against him if he is nominated in 2020 though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Your argument, that any Senator appearing to go against the party (i.e. McConnell) is merely engaging in theatrical concern, means that Republican legislation is inevitable. This directly contradicts with what we've seen over the past three weeks, UNLESS the Republicans are indeed masters of political kabuki, and are simply pretending to be on the ropes like some sadistic anime villain who wants to give someone false hope before they kill them. You're being an idiot.

There is no way the AHCA is not going to pass eventually. McConnell will shovel millions of dollars of bribes on the outstanding GOP votes if need be.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Quick question -- doesn't the Senate version have to pass the house again?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

There is one way to make the mattering happen and that's to make sure the left takes over the democratic party and then wins the house in 2018

Waiting for the GOP to suddenly come to Jesus is dumb because they never will

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

He reminds me of the ruskie Klingons in classic Star Trek with a tribble on his head

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

To think in a little under 4 years we will have our first CGI scorpion president

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

This stuff is going to matter

But it won't matter a single day before Jan 2019

So Ed Balls decrees

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

Baghdadi is dead?

thats like the third time now

You have to burn down all his forms

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Watching Hannity, hes in full deflection mode

Right now its BUT HER EMAILS

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

This Hannity monologue is pretty persuasive, I don't think I'm ever going to vote for Hillary again at this rate

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Don Jrs. on

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

This is an affront to God.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Even with Trump in office I can't help but think that the WSJ won't be able to keep themselves from loudly and proudly sucking Zuck's dick in 2020

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My name is Zuck and I'm here to Cuck

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Lol checkmate GOP, now what are you going to do now that you have lost the Scar

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Lol that is the weakest middle finger that I have ever seen out of someone. Why is he in court right now anyways?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think Billy Corgan would top Trump on the "weird poo poo that comes out of his mouth" charts, but but would at least put in a healthy effort

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Annual Prophet posted:

you draft elegible? vanishingly unlikely, but on the off chance trump's stupidity and miscalculations land us in a major conflict requiring more than a volunteer force, you'd want to be prepared to go elsewhere. imagine literally dying for trump

Given the state of everyone under 30 in this country (as in they despise Trump) calling a draft would probably start causing open revolts

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yinlock posted:

you seriously underestimate how much the american public could not be assed

Consider the 60's though -- there were widespread protests and civil unrest back then with Vietnam, and that was in an era where people still respected the legitimacy of the president

Imagine today getting a draft script to die pointlessly in North Korea or Iran in a war which would probably and obviously be horrendously mismanaged on the behalf of a government and president who very obviously does not have your interests at heart (doubly so if you are a minority). How do you think people would respond?

People don't care right now because its all in the abstract and its sometimes hard to see how national politics affects you directly. If you make that obvious and apparent that your life or your friends lives will be at stake then things will start mattering really loving quick.

Luckily draftwise the establishment knows that which is why we haven't had a draft since Vietnam.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Bernie, Zuck, and Trump run in 2020, bad dems split for Zuck, Trump wins by vote in House even though he got 39% of the vote

chaos reigns

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Former Everything posted:

err, you mean it mattered

it doesn't matter any more because its already over

there will be protests and some activism in 2018 and 2020 but the inexorable grind has begun in the judiciary that will ratify all of the wingnuts who have populated the legislative since 2010 or so

the executive doesn't matter, not that anything matters, but voter suppression in federal elections was just super effective in Wisconsin and Michigan and is soon coming to every state in america

those who thought the culture war was already over and lost better buckle up because it's going to be a rough rest of your life

Or I don't know, we can reform the Democratic party and hit them back hard?

And if your response on this is "lol that will never happen nothing matters" you can and should probably stop posting or following politics anymore and move on with your life

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

I don't get what winning in 2018 or 2020 can do to reverse the countless lifetime appointed donny judges.

You can appoint new judges when they die or retire

You can also impeach and remove bad judges as well if the political will gets strong enough

Hell, you can even add more justices to SCOTUS, or remove them

It will be difficult to work around but not impossible. Conceding defeat is the very last thing you want to do in this case.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Agean90 posted:

house is possible in 2018, Senate is likely to remain static as I recall all but one or two of the folks up for re-election are popular with their constituents.

Dems holding ground in the Senate is just fine though, and it looks like they will be able to do that

Still pretty early though

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Brother Friendship posted:

I don't think theres a prayer until 2020. All that can be done between now and then is to staunch the bleeding and develop a policy portfolio that can whip the left into a frothy rage IE socialized medicine, mass infrastructure spending and legal weed

would you settle with fascism instead

Take house in 2018, pass leftist dream legislation and slam Trump and McConnell on all the good stuff you could be doing for the country if not for them, run on economic populism, take the rest of government in 2020.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Brother Friendship posted:

how is it even possible to win the house with the gerrymandering at play? Dems won 52% of the vote in 2012 and were 30ish seats from the majority.

A lot of the seats are gerrymandered GOP, but at just a slight advantage (I think average 5 points). A big enough wave could knock over a crap ton of seats if you have the right message and campaign. Of course the Democrats suck at both of those but with all the work that the Berniecrat wing is putting in (along with the economic populist message slowly but surely growing in the bad dems) its possible.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Basically Democrats should be playing to win. For the last few decades they have been playing to not lose. That obviously doesn't work.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Phi230 posted:

2018 is gonna be a bloodbath

All of you that still have hope lmao

Or worse those of you that expect a win

Better than whining that nothing matters on a dead gay comedy board

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Lol bullshit

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Joementum posted:

i can. for example: the air force is unconstitutional

Boats float on water
Airplanes float on air
Air is composed of water molecules
Therefore, airplanes float on water and can be considered naval ships

Checkmate, athiests

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

zeal posted:

why the gently caress does steve king think the Ottoman janissaries were castrated

Also the janissaries were BAMF's that basically ended up taking over the entire government at one point, if I remember my sources

My sources being that of EU4

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Hey it took 7 seasons and 4 movies for Data to understand humanity and what it means to be human, don't judge him just yet.

Ed Balls?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

because we have nothing better to do on a saturday night

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/886341640805392386

Goons won't pay attention because it cuts into Toonami time

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus this better be a joke

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

hopefully this puts a stake in the idea that comey is a hero

Hes making financial bank due to actions taken when he was in a high ranking government position

That makes him a hero most Americans nowadays

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Serioustalk -- since Arizona is held by the GOP losing McCain will probably move his seat from a "maybe, maybe not" to a "definite yes".

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

He was going to yes and you know it.

Ok, "probably yes, with 'grave concerns'" to "definite yes, and lets shoot up some homeless while we are at it"

I'll take anything we can get at this point.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I figured a bunch of libtard traitors would love a novel about space Muhammad leading a jihad against rightful Christian settlers

Nuke the lice and take their spice

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

prefect posted:

Good. I was afraid people were getting soft.

Honestly the poll doesn't say anything new -- 36% of people approve of the Donald and they will until the end of time (or until the healthcare bill hits them hard and they start dying off). 2/3's of everyone think that the democrats stand for nothing (and for good reason). Basically Twitterites are concern trolling hard about it (varying depending on their political alignment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

D1E posted:

In the grand scheme of things planet Earth is infinitesimally microscopic and irrelevant to the entire universe so hopefully it gets destroyed in a nuclear apocalypse.

People always say this but think of all the priceless things that humanity has created and made which would be lost forever

Like anime

Won't someone think about the anime?

• Locked thread