Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

aw again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

whoa

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

nice

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

are Dems ever gonna stop chasing "moderate" suburban republicans? it is never gonna work. they'll smile and nod politely and they won't call you a n-word-lover but then they'll go into that booth and pull the lever for the R every. single. time. these suburban petit bourgeoisie will ignore any amount of vileness or hatred in their quest to lower their taxes and keep their neighborhoods white.

I get why Dems do this, the educated suburban wealthy people are Our Kind of people. they probably read kindles and shop at Whole Foods. and they don't wear klan hoods or burn tires. but no amount of appealing to their better nature will work, because they don't have one. it's hard for Dems to accept that people who are so Like Us could be so evil, or at least callously indifferent to evil, but they are.

the votes Dems need to win are out there, but you have to go get them, they won't come to you. you have to prove that you will actually be good for them, not just less bad. ossoff didn't do that.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I can't think of a single good reason not to pack the court and institute term limits

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

god I can't wait for the government to default

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

they'll never impeach trump because their own base would rip their bones out with their bare hands for that betrayal

But if they can't work with him anymore, he will be quietly encouraged to resign, either for "health reasons" (which will be spun as "the lying media and libs drove this hard working man into sickness with their cruelty and lies") or "for the good of the country" which will be spun as ("the lying media and libs are actively sabotaging America because they hate trump so much")

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

the flood of people coming out against it means that they're pretty sure it's dead in current form, nobody wants to be the 51st vote to kill the Obamacare repeal but LOOOOOOOOTS of people want to be the 52nd

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

i love how the pack of vile ghouls working for trump have to completely obliterate every trace of their dignity to do so

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

at least last crash the creditors could repossess houses and take a loss

you can't repossess the education out of someone's brain

yet

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

trump is definitely in early stages of dementia and it's accelerating. watch them start scheduling events earlier and earlier in the day to hide his sundowning lol

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it doesn't matter what "evidence" comes out

the maga chuds have already decided that Russia is fake news

the #resistance has already decided that he's guilty of gay treason

the only person whose opinion matters is mueller, he's got access to whatever real evidence there is and isn't relying on 4chan forgeries, and we're not going to hear his conclusion for like a year

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Donald trump huge jorts

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Joe is gonna be the last person insisting there is no evidence that Russia meddled in any way while a three-man commission in Moscow gets to exercise veto power over any potential 2020 candidates

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I know how badly they want to pass this, but it really seems like Collins and Heller are absolutely ungettable, and if Paul is gettable it'll require something that'll alienate at minimum murkowski, capito and Cassidy, and cruz and lee are preparing to spike the bill from the right.

I wouldn't underestimate mcconnell's craftiness or general republican sociopathy but I think 50/50 is pretty generous

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

all the people saying that there couldn't have been Russia collusion cause the trumps are too stupid to get away with it:
uh, yeah, that's what we're seeing now

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

love too see greenwald torch his remaining credibility over this

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

house put wall funding in approps and between that and the language coming out of the WH (mostly mulvaney-talk) I think the most likely outcome is we raise the debt ceiling but government shuts down after trump vetoes his own party's bill

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah. Sunil Tripathi, who killed himself due to constant harassment.

he killed himself a month before the bombing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Joementum posted:

hoo boy are the robocop sequels bad

https://vimeo.com/86014703

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

if they try to push this through reconciliation without a cbo score that's a fraction of an inch from just nuking the legislative filibuster and they know it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

it really looks like murkowski is caving, Portman was never gettable, Cassidy was always all talk and capito is a coward. it's all on heller. voting yes is insane especially with no CBO score and with Sandoval providing cover, but the pressure on him to do so is gonna be unimaginable.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

lol plaskett makes the news for the first time ever and it's for this

confession: would, sista is fiiiiiiine

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

they really are gonna pass this poo poo with the Cruz amendment. the so called moderates are gonna cave. I mean, rip heller, but still this is some bad poo poo.

if someone was gonna come out against it as the third no it would have been yesterday.

I can't believe they're gonna use reconciliation without a CBO score. I know McConnell knows what that means for the future of the body, is he this desperate?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I guess they figure that if Dems do get in power again and reconcile us to single payer under the new broken system the conservative SCOTUS can just overturn it. we have to pack the court.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/eggfordinner/status/885860274611392517

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

saga is free online and v good

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

if the next week of intense citizen lobbying flips heller, murkowski, or capito, John McCain's decrepit old body will have saved health care in this country

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

the only good comic is the wacky racers one that's post apocalyptic and the ant hill mob is clones while sergeant blast is trans

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I know you were wondering and yes, the Red Baron is a Nazi

and yes, Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth are in a leather daddy/twink relationship

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

remember that they have to avoid default in September which is a bit of a bigger deal that healthcare, plus they have to avoid shutdown and the house is picking a fight over it by putting wall funding in.

with McCain out for the foreseeable I think this bill might soldier on for a while as a zombie but I think it's below 50% now and falling

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

trump is 100% gonna blame RINO McConnell for this

of course, had the bill passed, he would 100% be blaming McConnell for how unpopular it was in a year. "I had a big beautiful plan to cover everyone and McConnell sabotaged it."

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

good luck Paul Ryan on ever selling your caucus on "the Senate will fix it!" ever again

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

capito is a no so that's repeal only dead too (at least as long as McCain is out)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

citizen tayne your gimmick is dumb and boring as poo poo

you're dead on about republican evil but you're dramatically overestimating their competence

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

tayne will you permatoxx for something like "the republicans will keep the house in 2018" so when it turns out the keystone kops are not in fact the fourth reich you can just go away

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Nah, just to annoy you.

pittsburgh is garbage

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

also I live on a tropical paradise where it's 80 degrees year round and we have top ten in the world beaches so come at me bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

are you, having a go of me, mate

• Locked thread