Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Squizzle posted:

why cant i read previous thread

looks like it was moved to a private forum

what did you guys post

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a helpful bear posted:

probably moved to mod forum bc some idiot photoshopped a bad thing

was it so bad they couldn't just edit the post or something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Squizzle posted:

so many gifs

lost

everything I create and post is saved to my personal imgur account as well to my local ssd

:rip: the rest, though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

well i don't know if you guys had talked about it much, but especially considering where the destroyer was impacted, the navy bridgewatch team is 100% responsible for the collision.

how appropriate, the trump campaign team is 100% responsible for collusion

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a helpful bear posted:

a lot of dummies like me quoted it and made a comment like a loving stupid

lol

lemmings!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

triple sulk posted:

remember when trump was prez

http://i.imgur.com/NbGCPns.gifv

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

crazy cloud posted:

i had 2k posts unread in that thread to read and now i can't even read em because some idiot fucko got the thread exiled

some1 please summarize the trump thread for this afternoon thanks in advance

philando castile's murderer was found completely not guilty, and minneapolis is rioting now over that

a japanese cargo ship sank an american destroyer and trump still hasn't assigned an ambassador to japan *or* a secretary of the navy

mike pence made multiple grown men break down into tears from his shining conservative example

the uk is furiously loving mad at theresa may for burning 100+ people to death to save $5000, and a bunch of people (and members of parliament!) are saying "gently caress neoliberalism". t here's been protests all day long in london and people are storming city halls and poo poo

a couple other things but I forget

RI-CO! RI-CO! RI-CO! RI-CO!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

btw republicans are still enemies of the people and are happily selling us all out to give the rich 1% more wealth and millions will die because of republican policies and rhetoric

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bernie sanders would have kept the old thread open

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

old thred still has 2 unread posts that are going to drive me loving nuts ZDR

seventy FOUR

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good soup! posted:

Wtf I go up in the airplane high and land pretty sober and the thread is dead what did you guys dooooo

you crossed the jetstream

you're in a better reality now, good soup

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JosefStalinator posted:

On the Something Awful internet forums' sub-forum known as "C-SPAM: The goblins nest", one thread would end up changing history. This thread, known by many names but consistently referred to as the "TRUMP!" thread*, would drive the nail into the coffin that was the Trump Presidency by serving as the host of the now infamous "Piss Tape."

*So referred now by scholars due to the tendency for its posters to post and then quote, without end or purpose, the word "TRUMP!". There was considerable debate between scholars over whether to call it the "Ed Balls" or "Jeb!" thread, but these alternatives have since fallen out of favor.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Speaking of bad depictions of violence, I'm watching this new Power Rangers movie.

I would love this movie so much if I was...12?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6EBlVOdGPM

here's a movie you'll love if you were..... 18?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this makes the backs of my knees sweat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i'm knight crew

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

actually, yeah, this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

I watched British baking what happened tonight, that boat sink?

oh yeah that reminds me

i tried the mayo thing for grilled cheese today and it was very good, highly recommend

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D1E posted:

Did Trump come out and call the destroyer collision radical islamic terrorism yet?

:wrong:

radical shinto terrorism

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

im still skeptical tbh

I mean, think of it this way

mayo is a cooking fat, essentially

butter is also a cooking fat, but with a lower smoke point and is harder to spread evenly across bread, so you run the risk of burning or spotty results

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cooking is one of life's fine pleasures and everyone should learn how to cook at least several things

a moment where you can just get away from everything, the endless hypermanufacturion, and create something special and ephemeral and scrumptious for yourself and only yourself (and some of your loved ones)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D1E posted:

I honestly think Hillary could have won if she just asked Trump geography questions during the debates.

"Donald, is Qatar a good or bad country? Where is it located?"

Oh man he would have hosed that chair to pieces.

for some bizarre reason no one has ever gone the whole factual-questions thing with trump ever, across two loving years

hundreds of journalists and not one has tried to embarrass him by asking him basic questions about factual knowledge

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SPEEE-AK UUUP.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

learning to cook is awesome, it's like a socially useful skill that you can still utilize when drunk like being a soldier or diplomat but without the pay or hours

in case of apoclpsoe times of course

*pop scienceishly* cooking is what made us humans instead of grunting apes, it unlocked the power of our brains and our social connections

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zyla posted:

hey idiot fucks

that guy telling you to try using mayo on your grilled cheese does not have your best interests in mind

http://www.today.com/food/martha-stewart-uses-mayo-best-grilled-cheese-ever-t105748

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Snoo posted:

I've always melted the butter in the pan when grilling bread/sandwiches, I've never spread it on the bread wth

congrats on wasting a lot of butter I guess? unless you're like mopping it up with the bread after it's melted

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the whole idea of grilled cheese is you melt the cheese at the same time that you toast the bread and the cooking fat (butter, mayo, whatever) helps with this process so you get a good balance of hot, crispy, and gooey, instead of soggy or dry or burnt

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

meet girls at the store posted:

It's called grilled cheese but has anyone actually grilled one on a barbecue?

if you try this then get something like sourdough, not sliced sandwich bread

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

the whole point of grilled cheese is that it's simple cuisine for poor people

having d-luxe grilled cheese is like having haute cuisine borscht or some poo poo

dumb as hell

you know instinctively, as a human, how to make proper grilled cheese

there's complicating it by adding a bunch of fancy ingredients, and there's knowing how to cook a proper grilled cheese

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

what in the hell is fancy grilled cheese? you've got bread and cheese and butter (or i guess mayo), are white people trying to screw up yet another comfort food staple by making it 'artisanal'??

ingredients are ..... good

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lessail posted:

where did her nose go

engorged with blood, fell off

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lessail posted:

where's a doctor when you need one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NecroMonster posted:

note: planescape: torment is actually a bad game, but the writing totally makes up for that. New Vegas is also in the same boat to some extent (the gameplay isn't quite as bad tho).

the difference between bad games and good games is mostly that good games are replayable

bad games absolutely can offer good first-time experiences

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

I have a collection of cellar and house spiders in this apartment that I am quite attached to

It's either that or endless stink bugs and gnats and ticks

My house spiders haven't shown up yet this year still though, and my cellar babies are still only in the storage space :qq:

predators are....... good

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Addamere posted:

oh, uhm, i am legit sorry friend :(

it's ok

I was spoiled on That Event happening too and it honestly just made the first 1/5th of LOGH better as I was constantly going "Ohhhh noooooo" "is this it?!"

frankly him going down is kinda predictable (not in a bad way) if you know your Best Friends anime tropes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If the President is Innocent, he is Insane

quote:

Again: Let’s say Trump knows he is guilty of nothing, and that the special prosecutor’s investigation will inevitably exonerate him.

Wouldn’t that make this behavior just as — if not more — concerning?

Either the president is acting erratically, due to a rational fear of what Mueller’s probe may reveal, or else he is suffering from an obsessive disorder that renders him helplessly self-destructive. Trump has stomped all over the naïveté defense. All that remains is the insanity plea. To plausibly deny that the president is a criminal, Republicans must stipulate that he’s out of his mind.

Which is to say: There is no credible explanation for Trump’s conduct that is compatible with the idea that he is fit for high office.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JosefStalinator posted:

Cannot GET /daily/intelligencer/2017/06/if-the-president-is-innocent-then-he-is-insane.html:

remove the final colon

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JosefStalinator posted:

Cannot GET /daily/intelligencer/2017/06/if-the-president-is-innocent-then-he-is-insane.html:

I seriously hate when websites add in loads and loads of additional garbage to their URLs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cumshitter posted:

anyway, i knocked on his door and instead of getting him i got his parents. apparently he had moved out. i assumed he was not out to them so i was like, "Oh, sorry. Ajit used to help me with my math homework and he wasn't answering his phone. Sorry for bothering you. He is a good boy and deffo not gay."

Ajit Pai is an extremely, incredibly bad person though and he is an enemy of the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

haha of course ajit pai married a chunky blonde white woman

the man desperately wants to be as white and as republican as possible

• Locked thread