Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Where is my imaginary girlfriend? I challenge you:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

triple sulk posted:

guess i'll have to just make a buncha fuckin posts to catch up

don't pull a zegermans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

develop your core muscles, weaklings

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that this isn't how it works

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-nuclear-weapon-launch/

quote:

About five minutes may elapse from the president’s decision until intercontinental ballistic missiles blast out of their silos, and about fifteen minutes until submarine missiles shoot out of their tubes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

so while in the middle of a massive investigation about your connections to Russia, where the entire country is like "yeah he probably did it" and you're loudly insisting you're not guilty whatsoever, you bring it up in every single conversation "I am not guilty!"

you decide to go against a 97% Senatorial majority and push for lifting sanctions, making you look incredibly, incredibly guilty and corrupt as hell

how serious is the kompromat on Trump? That he's willing to go down as a Russian stooge by doing an incredibly blatant maneuver to ease pressure on Russia? It has to be something that Trump thinks would be worse for him to come out than it would be for him to be thrown from the office as a traitor :whitewater:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol John McCain is such a poo poo (the rest of the responses in the article are pretty :discourse: as well)
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/875700291206828032

Republicans are treasonous saboteurs attempting to destroy the fabric of our society for the sake of a few bucks. Disgusting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

the good parts of lf were before people convinced themselves it actually was the staging ground for the revolution

lf was 8 years too early I think

I remember growing up and the schools being like, "We live in an equal society, all are free to do as you like", but over the past two decades it's become incredibly blatant that 95% of us are just customers/servants for the rich and will never be able to transcend that

more and more people are realizing that nowadays compared to 8 years ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

I love that pic because he looks exactly like tom delay

oh yeah, this guy was funded by russians too, and was busted for money laundering

jesus, how far back does it go? is the entire GOP corrupted by russia?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TeriZCa8!a posted:

I'm drinking absolut from the bottle washing it down with bottled water at 1137 a.m., nagging chest twinges, (no insuance, US, dont wanna talk about it, cant quit smoking) dead broke, wanting to see if anyone loled at my posts, and the thread is gone. Sigh, s hit. Well you all better be interesting is all I've got to say.

if you're young still then these chest twinges are more likely to be acid reflux eating away at your esophageal walls from alcohol abuse than they are to be from heart disease

still eventually probably do something about it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

only medicine that is worth a goddamn against heartburn is prilosec

prilosec/omeprazole works great but apparently is associated with much higher risks of dementia if you're old

because I value my brain highly I've been trying to cut back on alcohol before I hit my 30s

trump is making this difficult

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reality Winner posted:

solo 69 is just sucking yo own dilz

that's more of an @

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

yeah, men who are threatened by that are problematic

now, there is a social imperative, that a man is the provider that is drilled into men since childhood, and there are victims of this conditioning

this conditioning though, comes from regressive ideals that support the aims of dogshit men

the sucky thing is that even if both parties are aware of this effect, it still affects relationships negatively

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

according to dr hoverwife this isn't really verified medically

apparently the current hypothesis is that omeprazole tends to be a fat people drug and fat olds have significantly higher rates of dementia

oh that's good news, thank you

probably still a good idea to cut down on drinking

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

people calling jenner a hero when chelsea manning is right there are really loving sad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://streamable.com/f0fa1

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

aren't most of our nuclear weapons situated in the Rockies?

Wouldn't retaliatory nuclear strikes hit there? Would that trigger the caldera?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.livescience.com/20714-yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption.html

quote:

As with magma mapping, the science of forecasting volcanic eruptions is always improving. Most scientists think that magma buildup would be detectable for weeks, maybe years, preceding a major Yellowstone eruption. Warning signs would include distinctive earthquake swarms, gas emissions and rapid ground deformation.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao

quote:

“I have people knocking down my door to talk to the presidential personnel office,” said White House press secretary Sean Spicer. “There is a huge demand to join this administration.”

right in the middle of the article, no lead-in or -out

just randomly quoting Spicer to show that he's a complete loving liar with the context

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/sWQLakV.gifv

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if this actually happens, then between this and the plummeting approval polls, it's going to be basically the dam breaking as republicans panic en masse to try to save their jobs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Origami Dali posted:

fiddle tits is so fun and pleasing to say, drat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Nastier Nate posted:

Even if Ossof wins it won't be by much and the republicans will stay the course cause they held in Kansas and Montana

it doesn't matter if Ossoff "doesn't win by much" because GA-06 is Tom Price's old district, where the Republicans have been winning by more than 25% for the past seven elections, sometimes winning by 40% or more

Ossoff winning there, even if it's by a oval office hair, is full on RED loving ALERT for the Republicans

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

like I can't overstate how serious it would be if Ossoff actually won GA-06

Look at California 2016 Senate, California is as safe a blue state as you can get (Senate wise, Inland Empire aside), and Kamala Harris won by 23% in 2016 running against a Hispanic woman (Why does this matter? Because the Republicans running a Hispanic woman is the equivalent of the Democrats running a rich white male, someone like Jon Ossoff)

Tom Price has been winning GA-06 by ~~23% for over a decade. If Ossoff can flip that margin within less than a loving year then things are going seriously, incredibly, emergency loving wrong for the Republicans

ps Feinstein won by 25% in 2012 and Boxer beat Fiorina in 2010 by 10%, to give you a sense of the differences here between California and GA-06

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

ps Feinstein won by 25% in 2012 and Boxer beat Fiorina in 2010 by 10%, to give you a sense of the differences here between California and GA-06

also wow Fiorina has aged really really really poorly between 2004 and 2016

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

Dumb shitters are gonna stay home expecting someone else to do their voting for them.

Oh, sure, I make no predictions as to what the actual results of the GA-06 election will be, I'm just explaining what the aftermath would be if Ossoff won

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Serf posted:

i think ossoff will win. im ambivalent about him as a politician, but living for spite has captured all three branches of government for the republicans so idk

yeah I'm not remotely a fan of Ossoff policy-wise but I would 1000000000000000x rather struggle against the Jon Ossoffs and Hillary Clintons of the world than another Republican

I really wish American politics were a split between the leftist Warren/Bernie/Ellison wing and the rightist Clinton/Feinstein wing, instead of "people who want to govern" vs "traitors to the people" :smith:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aliquid posted:

nobody gives a gently caress but you

one of my favorite marginal hobbies is laughing at how poorly celebrities and politicians age and their sad scrambles to try to cover it up, don't read anymore into it than that~

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aliquid posted:

yeah my dude i'm reading way more into that than your lovely deflection

you are extremely brave and just and it is not at all one single bit funny how badly val kilmer aged between top gun and before his recent drastic weight loss

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

john mccain going from handsome young veteran to lumpy spineless poo poo-for-brains is a very solemn event

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Concerned Citizen posted:

that hispanic woman was a democrat??

oh wow, gently caress me, I was on autopilot and assumed the runner-up was the republican instead of a democrat running against Harris in the general

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quadrophrenic posted:

Kamala Harris didn't run against a republican?

yeah man mea culpa

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

looking over that page again I blame my lack of knowledge of west coast politics & the opponent's red clothing which triggered a heuristic association

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HEY NONG MAN posted:

lol so you admit you have no idea what's going on either

cool cool

I don't generally concern myself with Californian politics yeah

I live in Wisconsin man

We run lesbians against brainless, useless CEOs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aliquid posted:

goddamn the self-owns keep coming

this guy is really invested or something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

who wins

the useless CEO beat the Jewish leftist twice

the lesbian beat our Republican governor with federal agency experience

:iiam:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nichael posted:

I heard on Meet the Press that they expect the Mueller investigation to go for approximately eighteen months. Is there anyway this government can continue to pseudo-function for a year and a half when an investigation of whether the president is a spy or not goes on that long, and the target of the investigation loses his poo poo on the dumbest communication platform designed by man every morning?

This sounds like it's based upon previous investigations, not based on how quickly the investigation is actually progressing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2DCAT posted:

This gently caress was at this bar in DC about a year ago with her, before I knew a thing about them. The they acted around one another was suuuuuuper awkward and I thought that was his sister. My bud was telling me that was his wife and I thought he was loving with me.

that's what you get when the marriage is arranged

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

that's all? even better reason to, there's no reason to have wealth be this incredibly concentrated

Hillary 2020 posted:

That does include liberal heroes Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates so I'm assuming you're some sort of political centrist.

noooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Baloogan posted:

you, uh, might have too many cats

very astute observation

• Locked thread