Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tempting fate here but drat, the Giants are really feeble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Is it really worth pulling Dickey at 86 pitches to get that pinch hit appearance? I submit that it is not.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Can just watch the life drain out of the Giants, every single one

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Johan Camargo, destroyer of worlds

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

this sure went to poo poo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Newcomb's going to have three really solid starts to open up his big league career and also be 0-3.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

goddammit Johnson

i know wins are a meaningless stat but just save the one for the rookie so he doesn't have to worry about it forever.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hey Matt Kemp, nice to see you again

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Lane Adams more like Matt Adams

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

BasicFunk posted:

Lane Adams just hosed up a baseball!

seriously, he keeps getting put in as a pinch runner, i thought that was his point

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Markakis has 4 hits and it's the bottom of the 5th.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Somebody talk me down and tell me that we're gonna keep Adams.

I don't believe for a second that Freddie moves to 3B full time to keep Adams in the lineup. He's a natural 1B and I don't believe he's got the range to play 3B. I know he played in HS but cmon.

I think they try it a couple of times but they're absolutely trying to move Adams. Some AL team has got to have a use for him.

Wish they had traded Garcia last week when they started talking about how on the block he was.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Danny Santana came in as a pinch runner for Kent and got an RBI in the same inning. Team is a brisk 16 for 30 for the game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ian Krol is bad at pitching.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Folty has struck out 9 Brewers through 5 IP, but it's taken over 100 pitches to do it. Looking for all the world like a game the bullpen blows around the 7th or 8th.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

John Wilkes Booth posted:

What kind of name is Austin Bibens-Dirkx

Steampunk cosplay?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I really wish someone would start beating the Braves so they don't hold off on trading eminently tradeable players.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Brandon is getting traded soon anyway so it doesn't matter ☹️

The sooner Albies is up though...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah it's my fault for liking these guys though

I like Phillips, tootblans aside. Didn't he get a no-trade as part of signing though?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Little worried about Teheran going forward.

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/879046778842214400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What are we supposed to do with him? Sell low or wait and ... sell lower?

Dunno. Really thought we should have traded him last year even though it wasn't the best market. At this point I think you have to try and fix him.

• Locked thread