Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

hopefully this means enzo and cass will have a match at great balls of fire and then be fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Martinpale posted:

Right, so...because we can't do normal wrestling booking that has always worked (Enzo turns on Cass, everyone says Enzo can't win, Enzo finally wins and Cass gets his comeuppance)...we're doing beatdowns on Enzo forever until Enzo recruits Big Show to fight Cass, and then Cass wins the feud and no one cares, right?

No one cares already, because Enzo and Cass were a tag team of a little shittalker who can't do anything worthwhile and a giant for backup, which is a pretty basic heel formula, except they were babyfaces.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

More recently "has heat for bringing "unsavory people" backstage and allowing them to film/take pics of stuff they shouldn't."

If you can clarify, by "unsavory" do you mean general people WWE don't want backstage, or people of questionable morality?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I refuse to believe that was Konnor. He was so fat.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

lol yeah he elevated sandow to the impact zone and riley to the unemployed zone

Neither of those guys were talented to hang in TNA, but Miz managed to get them super over just by associating with him is the point.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

how hosed is big cass as a singles? like, i want people to think of the image of big cass vs. lesnar, or cass trying to do a 20 minute promo by himself. unless they put carmella with him, he has no chance at all, unless he's hiding something.

Look up how a guy named Shad Gaspard did after his tag team broke up.

Cass is probably in a very slightly better position than Shad was, but only because Raw being 3 hours means they need big people to go out there and kill time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rhonne posted:

They never have a long term plan for breaking up tag teams. It's always the same thing, the bigger guy turns on the smaller one, they have a boring feud, big guy wins, then they both go on to do gently caress all until they either reunite long after everyone stopped caring, vanish from TV for months/years, or quietly get released. Sometimes all the above.

Who was the last midcard tag team to break up and it not immediately go horribly wrong for both? Miz and Morrison?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Jerry Lawler, known fan of cheap heat and heel antics, had this take on the Women's MITB:

It's good to see the finish was the only morally acceptable one then.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

it also ruins a once in a year event by having the reward for the match be an opportunity so rare and valuable that you can get it purely by existing

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

reminder that every single one of the women in the match who are so upset about carmella winning the way she did could get a title match with naomi by literally just going to the ring and going 'i would like a title match'

instead these people are so stupid that they are forcing themselves to try and win a 6-way ladder match

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

this isn't even like 'oh, well you could get a title match with <any champion> by asking for one' in a division with an actual lot of theorhetical contenders

so much of the division was competing for a shot at the title that a person in her first ever wrestling match became #1 contender by not being in the match for a title shot

this is like if every single person on the roster was in the royal rumble, so the person challenging for the wwe title was blartz snuffman

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

it was a dumb decision but two dumbs don't make a smart it just serves to annoy everyone

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HerraS posted:

this happened, only blartz snuffman wrestled under the ringname hardcore holly

the role of hardcore holly in what happened was played by tamina

blartz snuffman is sub-tamina level

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

So I read about the time Daniel Bryan got a match called off with Randy Orton due to a stinger and I'm curious what the immediate reaction to it was, so I went digging into the archives. Turns out it was just about three years ago, and it was the same night as something else. :v:

A raw thread with 60 pages is kinda surreal.

Mark Henry owns.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

One explanation for the heel heavy booking is to starve fans so much that they'll cheer when Reigns beats Lesnar

Lex Luger is great and I don't appreciate your attempt to be Dave Meltzer in a crusade against him. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Roman is also great so maybe he is saying that Lex is great.

This is true. Perhaps I was too quick to compare Big Rov to Fat Loser Meltzer. If MRT is right, I apologize.

• Locked thread