Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Ive done a lot of touring of different sizes and each one is completely different.

--Headlining amphitheater tours will pay great because these are the biggest acts, but your'e loading in a massive production starting at about 8 AM and lucky to be back to the bus by 12-1 AM. Loooong days on your feet and working your rear end off with most downtime before the show starting spent napping in my bunk. But you get 3 catered meals a day and $50 a day per diem, I have gone entire summers without using my credit card. I shouldnt say you always get that but its pretty close to standard.

--Opening slot on an amphitheater tour is the most fun I have ever had touring. We didnt load in until around 3pm and were packed up and in the back of the semi by 750-8pm. From 8 until bus call at 2am was whatever scene you want. You want the drugs and booze and girls, its there. Every night is a parking lot party with people throwing frisbees and footballs, grills going, motorbikes zipping by. Our bus was the party bus because we were done so early. These amphitheaters are usually in the middle of nowhere so you are confined to the grounds, but so much fun, and getting paid.

--Club tours are normally downtown in major cities. So when load in and setup is done you can wander off and find good food and take in any touristy poo poo. Ive done club tours in busses and vans and there are pros and cons to both. The obvious comforts of the bus are nice but so is a van and a hotel room every night. Not every club has a shower and sometimes when they do they are not very appealing. I like to shower after a long days work and use the bathroom in the morning, you cant do that on a bus.

I have never done the van tour where everyone sleeps in the van, taking turns driving to the next city.

As Clamps said it can gently caress you up. I left a tour last summer and both of my hands were numb. Found out it was carpal tunnel from repetitive heavy lifting and surgery was required to fix the issue....should have used my stage hands more! It is fun though and something you should try and see if you like it. Its not for everyone and I can guarantee that if you think a job isnt offering you enough money, there will be someone who will take it. There is always someone who wants to go on tour.

Daughter fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread