Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well that explains the 0.000000 BTC/day hashrate I had overnight.

Hell of an exit strategy, but god drat if this isn't gonna anger a lot of launderers holy loly

e: found the missing bitcoins y'all :laffo: https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/1EnJHhq8Jq8vDuZA5ahVh6H4t6jh1mB4rq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My favourite part of the recent batch of nicehash actually working was coming home from work and having a nice cozy apartment from the GPUs going tard-hard all day.

Gonna miss that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gonna get in on that poop touchin and see what happens. Does it do BTC to an external wallet or actual fiat somehow?

Hopefully my apartment doesn't burn down

e: LOL this loving thing is claiming $15 CAD/day on VTC, if this is true then praise the free market artisan burritos here I come

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 6, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Thank satoshi, now I don't have to do a magic internet money gift card exchange scam to turn my burritocoins into league of legends skins

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

What algo/coin are you guys using on WinMiner? I turned off express benchmark and now it's running through a series of coins and coming up with $2/day :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Twain of Pain posted:

Lyra is failing to download on my system for some reason. All those burritos lost in time, like tears in rain :cripes:

Time... to mine...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

HELLO, BOYS! I'M BAAAAAACK

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

A while, probably two hours before I saw the first update which was just $0.09 from 0

So much for that tasty $20 CAD/day figure

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It’s either equihash, Lyra or blake2, with Cryptonight for CPU, don’t bother with anything else 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lyra I think is the algo for Vertcoin (VTC), which has had a simultaneous hilarious drop in difficulty and spike in value what with Nicehash collapsing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Looks like Vertcoin just took a massive poo poo. No jobs from server. RIP the artisan guac.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

those are the same things you poser rear end nerd

Trap sprung.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Clearly what we need to do is just hold an ICO instead of all this silly mining business and split the profits evenly.

GoonCoin: Get In.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Ah yes, Brianna is Boston's greatest moonbat. She did a recent rant about the dangers of moon meteorites too I think.

Edit: here we go, totally doesn't look like a crazy person at all... https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/28/brianna-wu-claims-companies-could-destroy-cities-b/

I mean she's not entirely wrong. Dislodging large chunks of rock and sending them into a trans-earth injection could pose a massive danger to anything it hit. The kinetic energy of an artificially constructed asteroid strike would be enough to wipe major cities off the map.

The logistics of pulling something like that off on the other hand are so enormous that building a fleet of ICBMs is cheaper.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Use your glorious nippon electricity to scam weeaboos.

You could likely seriously convince the overlap between butters and weebs that Japanese bitcoin is inherently better.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Anyone investing money in this dumb hobby deserves what they get.

Rip him for every cent you can.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

P.S. don't buy any used GPUs in the next couple years. At all.

This is extremely the truth. A friend of mine bought a used RX580 and couldn't get drivers to recognize it, even through several clean (including repartition and format) installs of Windows. Had him grab the latest VBIOS for that specific model and flash it. Turns out someone had flashed some hosed up hacked mining BIOS onto the poor thing, probably failed just enough for it to still be able to provide a display but not enough to fail to boot, and dumped it on Craigslist.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Current difficulties on NiceHash are estimating a daily income of :10bux: CAD on my 1080 Ti.

That ain't gonna last, but damned if I'm not going to let that run while I'm out of town for Christmas.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 21, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Honestly I just like coming home to find the living room's not freezing cold.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Will do that when I get sat back down at my desk. On mobile right now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

loving around with WinMiner now to see if the userbase switch back to NiceHash is going to do anything for WinMiner $/day. So far it's benchmarking $7.20 CAD/day doing ZEN on a 1080Ti which is better than I was getting on NiceHash pre-hack. Will post more results once it finishes benching.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah you can put whatever you want in transactions. I remember some /r/buttcoin post linking to people doing dumb poo poo like accidentally attaching $3000 in transaction fees to a $20 transaction and whatnot.

Meanwhile, Winminer has dropped to $5.50 CAD/day, so what the gently caress are we even doing here

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

I understand the OP dilutes the information required to the basics of push button to make fake money, but good god if you are going to invest, which I really don't want to call it that, in a fake internet currency you should have done even the slightly due diligence with regard to your actual money.

Yeah, this was intended to be the burritos and guac thread but it's kind of turned into the non-shitposting cryptocurrency thread in general.

But as always, remember the first line in the OP. If you sink any money into this, you're a goddamned fool and we salute you for providing weeks of much-needed entertainment. Godspeed.

Craptacular! posted:

I mean the OP basically instructs you to use CoinBase and their iOS app was top of the store for like the past week so it's kind of hard to dismiss the vague smell of elitism in that post but I'll just go ahead and be the guy who asks and gets it out of the way.

Cryptononsense changes so frequently that the OP was written barely half a year ago and 90% of it is already out of date. Coinbase just happened to be the least poo poo option at the time. If the least poo poo option has changed since, I'll update the OP.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

craig588 posted:

What I'm hearing is the wise money is in hiring a lawyer and a programmer and making a dozen forks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Gooncoin ICO.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Buckle up, motherfuckers.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Remember the thread title.

Just flip your old cards on eBay.

(craigslist is better because you can't get PayPal refund scammed)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jesus, that's like, an entire farm of ASICs.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That's almost entirely SHA-256 so it looks like direct BTC mining. What the gently caress :stonk:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There's a balance to be stuck between free dosh and touching the poop.

The only winning move is not to play. (says the OP of the Something Awful Forums Cryptocurrency Mining Thread)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's also like one bitcoin a day too, so it's not even like they're reducing their risk much by going with a pool. They should pull a coin on average.

It makes sense now. That's the kind of people that Nicehash wants. The kind who could feasibly start a pool instead of joining a mining collective but are too lazy or need to be able to drop into different algorithms without switching coins or whatever. Not the goons heating their homes with video cards while they sleep.

When you're pulling a tenth of a butt per day, Nicehash is an okay option. If you're not, Winminer or GTFO. You can't pull enough per day or even per week to slide your way out of all the scams and associated cryptocurrency poo poo.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I have that deal with my panels and I would still rather have the excess go back to the grid rather than be an idiothellfucker with this idiocy

Risky Bisquick posted:

You sound upset about video cards. Take a breather, go outside

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sure but you can't install Visa's software on your PC. Also how much time has Visa been working on their systems, while Bitcoin is completely new.

This is like Linux vs Windows all over again, but with currency.
And we all know this is the year of Linux on the desktop

2017 was the Year of Linux on the Windows Desktop though

QuarkJets posted:

It's Linux vs Windows except the price ratio somehow reversed, with Microsoft offering competitive rates and *nix providers charging out the nose

Ah, so, the late 80s/early 90s.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fired up NiceHash Miner out of curiosity to check the numbers and it's flipping between $10-11 CAD/day on a stock 1080 Ti.

This is such a weird fuckin hobby.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Weekly reminder that putting money into this dumb hobby makes you a valid target for ridicule when things start sliding into oblivion.

While the OP is horribly out of date and I apologize for not revamping it for the current climate the first few lines are still incredibly valid.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

craig588 posted:

The Nvidia 680 and AMD 7970 and 290 are at the end of losing their value while still being fast enough for people to be interested. Everything else has a long way to drop or is so old no one would have one.

Not gonna lie, I've considered firing my old 290 up as a self-sustaining space heater.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sorry, too late

By Bitcoin law you owe me 300 dollars

By now he owes you 330 280 310 250 270!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ahahaha loving amazing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Seems that us Canadians get all kinds of shafted, as is usual. Coinbase to QuadrigaCX looks suboptimal. Is Coinbase to Gyft as much of a pain in the rear end?

To quote the title of the Canadian BFC megathread, paying more is our national pastime.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Everything is going up really

My SiaCoins (yes like the singer but about hard drive storage) are suddenly worth about 1,000 dollars, for 3 days of mining

Edit: Am I going to cash out? No because I’m an idiot, I’m going to diversify into other altcoins lol
But really it’s because there’s no exchange to sell them so they’re actually worth zero I guess

What the gently caress is a SiaCoin?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dropbox et al have giant legal teams that get paid a lot of money to do a lot of work to get poo poo like that disappeared in the legal system.

Joe Crypto does not.

This is a thing, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

Im visiting my parents and had to explain what bitcoin mining was to my mom and she very pointedly asked "why don't you have more computer motherboards then (gpus)" then i tried to explain how that was a risk and she bought me a corsair 1080ti hydro on the spot and said "pay me 300 a month until its paid off and then its yours to keep"

I just got hustled by my mom who doesn't know the difference between a gpu and motherboard

The saga of your posts in this thread are some BFC zaurg level stuff :magical:

• Locked thread