Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I put a 1070 under water. Gets about 2.0 mBTC a day via nicehash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

If you buy games you can never play them because you are busy mining. If you buy a second rig capable of gaming, that means it could mine too. Help I'm trapped in a loop and my room is really warm

:bitcoin:

e: Why isn't :bitcoin: a thing

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How hard is it to sell your​ cards without losing out on fees or PayPal fraud?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think that's the payment processor doing that, hedging against massive variance in the value

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

My 1080 buttmining while undervolted is basically is paying for my lunch 4~5 times a week, depending what I have. Hey, free lunch, can't really complain.

I switched to the new nicehash that has dual mining enbaled for nvidia cards, but since i use command lines to limit usage (basically I don't let my GPU get above 95% usage), it must not be as profitable as others (blake2k's, lbry) because I almost never see my miner on it.

I've got dcri at 150. Tried 92 but that ended up worse for dual mining. Not really bothered to try closing the gap between those two numbers to find best hashing efficiency, so 150 it is, which is the recommended value for 1080tis.

What settings do you use for limiting?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone else noticed their mBTC/day going down, despite still processing the same number of sols/s and the like?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes, that's how a Red Queen's Race works.

You mean enough mining power is coming online that it's forcing a 25% reduction in payout week over week?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes. That is exactly what is happening.

Jesus Christ

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

divabot posted:

u wot m8. Gaming hardware in particular burns bright and short and wears out before its time, particularly if you're using it at full power 24/7.

I've found it's quite the opposite in my experience:shrug:

I've Mined and Folded for years now on CPUs and GPUs, only damage I've had is one fan on an XFX fail. They sent me a new cooler.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Weatherman posted:

How many of you are planning, after you've finished thrashing them half to death for your internet pogs, to put your graphics cards on Craigslist with the description "almost-new, hardly-used <whatever>" with the self-justification "Well these cards are designed for gaming and I hardly used them for gaming so it's true"?

edit: Also how many of you have already returned new graphics cards for warranty replacement after thrashing them to death with the reason for the claim being "it was DOA" or "I hardly ran it at all in a cool environment and it just stopped out of the blue"?

What kind of warranty request requires you to explain the lifetime usages of the hardware?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Djeser posted:

"it looks like this unit was run outside of normal operating conditions and as such we cannot provide you with a refund or replacement at this time."

Normal operating conditions of "normal voltage and under thermal max"

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Probably isn't familiar with computer hardware

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cheese-cube posted:

You buy electricity you dinguses. Unless you live with your parents then they are going to be annoyed that you're increasing the power bill whilst squirreling away fantasy currency which has an effective value equivalent to one tenth of the cost of the power bill.

And nice hash even gives you a profitability calculator, showing that it's the other way around. I think it's even linked in the OP.

You might want the GBS thread my friend

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Maybe he's the guy who bought the 44 1060s at 1.5x MSRP and is now pissed because he thinks all you fairweather miners are ruining the payouts.

I still can't believe that guy bought 44 1060s *now*, signed a lease for 2 warehouses with a 3rd on the way, and he paid above MSRP to boot.

Where do they make these people?

California

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

xthetenth posted:

Is that actually the case, because that's even funnier given power prices.

Nah, just making a joke about crazies. I almost put Florida instead.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Profit after electrical and cooling means about 40-50 bucks for 10 minutes effort.

I'm literally losing more money posting this post than I am by clicking "start" on nicehash, but :justpost:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I want my currency to constantly be changing in value and be treated as a commodity. Numbers must go up!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

metallicaeg posted:

So, is it just a delay of the deposit showing up? Would I need to change the address in nicehash to the new one for a future deposit?

MaxxBot posted:

The address changes with each transaction for some reason I don't really understand, the old addresses still work.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I find my 1070 inadequate at 2560x1080, which is pretty close to 1080p. But I also have a 2600k so...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Palladium posted:

So high $/BTC is good and low is also good?

Rule of Acquisition #34: War is good for business
Rule of Acquisition #35: Peace is good for business

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My room as a kid in Florida plus a Pentium 4 and integrated GPU would get 5 degrees warmer if the door was closed and Red Alert 2 was loaded.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Don Lapre posted:

iirc its still luck of the draw that your group gets rewarded a block of coins. The estimate is just an estimate.

Nice hash isn't mining blocks, it's selling mining power.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Don Lapre posted:

Ohh, didn't know.

It's in the OP, ya know!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What would prevent someone from simply having beef with everyone?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sibling of TB posted:

Proof of steak.

I hate you so much right now

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Still need to finish 999

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.techspot.com/news/70061-two-banks-australia-have-successfully-used-blockchain-their.html

Did something good come out of the rise of Bitcoin?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Paying taxes is immoral, it sustains the currency used by Colombian drug lords

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Coinbase will be implementing support for Bitcoin Cash, iirc

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

That's just gambler thinking; you can't actually time a peak. Be thankful that you cashed out for profit and didn't hold on until the next big crash

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I cashed out my original earnings forever ago when Bitcoin was ~$1

Same.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If every goon turned all their personal machines to a combined mining pool, it wouldn't mine a single block

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
But then you wouldn't own the means of production!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Minorkos posted:

Ok so I was looking into buying a new GPU and it turns out there's a bunch of nerds using the limited resources we have on earth to buy GPUs and run them at at max power 24/7 to create virtual monopoly money and everyone thinks they can get one over each other and get rich with it, so now all the GPU prices are high??

I think the UN should intervene

I wish to subscribe to your blog

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
AM I BEING DETAINED?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is my body, this is my blood

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I imagine TPB has issues with collecting ad revenue, so I can see why they'd do it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

lol this has been a common and continuing problem in the bitcoin community: of the people who are paranoid enough to look at source code, none are knowledgeable enough to understand it (see the famous "what is the purpose of #include?" and "HOW DO WE AUDIT THE BLOCKCHAIN" sagas)

...these sound entertaining.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea only idiots get hacked when it comes to buttcoins.

This is actually true*

*for different values of idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The window of time where someone can cancel/dispute a paypal transaction. It's like...3 months?

• Locked thread