Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Scarecow posted:

So is this the end of the crypto maddness or just another crash before people jump back in?

You know in your heart what the answer is

:negative:

Palladium posted:

It's funny how a nominally communist government is doing the sane things against crypto and DRAM price fixing, while on the other side of the ocean somebody like the FTC can't be bothered to deal with obvious MLM pyramid schemes because freedom.

In general, the less democratic a group is, the faster it can act and the more likely it is to do so with a more unified purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever bitconnect purported to be, looks like they decided to cash out.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

divabot posted:

hm - how are they for spectrum these days? I remember when "daylight" LED bulbs were actually red, green and blue LEDs packaged together, so the light looked approximately white to the eye but didn't wokr quite like white.

(we have "daylight" LED spotlights in the kitchen and the colour doesn't seem weird, fwiw. Incredibly bright daylight CFLs through the rest of the house. I highly recommend them for making everything just nicer and better.)

The CRI (https://www.topbulb.com/color-rendering-index) of LED bulbs has been getting pretty decent. I've got some cheap-ish 90 CRI bulbs right here.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

For example, if your old balance (that is going to be reimbursed) is 0.009 BTC, you still have to mine an additional 0.001 BTC to this external wallet address so you reach 0.01 BTC in total. Once the combined balance shows 0.01 BTC, payment will be made to your external wallet address.

Well this makes it less clear. If you had over 0.01 BTC in your old wallet, does that mean it'll disburse anyway?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I put mine under water :colbert:

37c on load is sexy, but obviously this wasn't built to be a mining rig.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Same, but I have solar panels (and a dog instead of cat) so I’m not ruining the earth

What if you run down the sun? :ohdear:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do not eat cats!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

when am i supposed to get my 10% balance payout for nicehash?
it says reimburse pending, but we all know the network is no longer clogged up and it should have gone through by now

Soon™

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

Im just annoyed I didnt put my own money in last year, considering I was able to turn $500 into $1400 in a terrible crashing market month by just watching the books and settling for $20 profits.

And this is where I get off the train.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
TO THE MOON

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Peachfart posted:

lmbo, jesus christ. Hey, everyone. Watch this before he pulls it.

...What the gently caress is this

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why not do RDP over SSH?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I used to use SSH tunnels and RDP to grab assignments I forgot and get around the restrictive filter back in High School. Classic stuff.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
DNS tunneling :getin:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JamesHitchcock/status/963084258708480001

I mean, no one should be reading Salon anyway, but that's goddam hilarious.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

divabot posted:

but this thread told me how miners treat their rigs like their precious babies and gently undervolt things and apply proper cooling so that the GPUs can totally run at 100% load 24/7 and have basic competence and

I too take a small data point as representation of a whole.

The fellow is a goon.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol you nerds would make more money with less investment farming bing rewards for gift cards at this point

Those are a lot more of a pain in the rear end and generally require some form of regular active involvement

:goonsay:

I remember farming club live when I was in high school.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do you have to keep pushing the total of new balance + old balance to the threshold to get more old balance payouts?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

That would be altruistic, which is antithetical to most of libertarianism.

Well you see, private charities and
:goonsay:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Torrent sites only provide links to copyrighted content and get prosecuted all the time.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Polite reminder that in Paul's world, if you're not praising AMD'S competitors and dissing AMD, you're wrong.

Don't let him poo poo up another thread over that.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Paul MaudDib posted:

lmao all the Ethereum miners on Reddit are super in denial about ASICs

"it's probably just a fancy GPU rig!"

This sounds amazing

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Paul MaudDib posted:

Bioshock is extremely on-point about this aspect of libertarians

It's just the nature of people at large to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
No double dipping. That's just gross yo.

• Locked thread