Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Craptacular posted:

No, other than 3D games it seemed to be running fine without doing anything, so I didn't bother.

But it says I'm getting 1.2 mBTC/day and the OP says a 1070 should be getting over 2 mBTC/day. That plus the previously mentioned Nicehash profitability table and it looked like something's wrong.

(This is actually better than it was before, I slightly overclocked the card since my first post.)

Post a screenshot of your mining stats like this. I want to see the algorithm breakdown, might wanna try rerunning the benchmark with high precision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Never

Once you're in the Bitcoin game, you're in 4 lyfe, bithc

Specially since ETH is going to switch to Proof of Work/Proof of Stake hybrid and for some reason this is going to send the price TO THE MOOOOOOOOOON somehow

Good, I hope these idiots keep buying cards. At some point I'm gonna unload my mass of Pascal cards for a profit and then play minesweeper on integrated graphics until Volta (probably not even long at that point).

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Craptacular posted:

I reran the benchmarks with high precision, got the following:

Your Equihash and Dagger Hashimoto seem unusually low for some reason, here's mine for comparison with two different 1070s.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Junior Jr. posted:

Quick question, does it help to mine ALL algorithms in Nicehash, or should I just focus my GPUs on the ones with the most/best payouts? (Lbry and Lyra2 I think)

Nicehash will mine what is most profitable at the time so it makes more sense to enable all of the algorithms that you system can run.

I've noticed that the blake2s algorithm has started running more and more to the point where it replaced equihash as the most common algorithm my rigs run, it's interesting to see how the algorithm mix changes over time.

I guess now we're all mining NevaCoin and NetkoCoin whatever the gently caress those are.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 6, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

The 1080 Ti can still get like $6 a day but it used to be like 9 :negative:.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'll test it out and see if I notice any difference.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I kept running the Dillon fork because EWBF is faster for equihash.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Good news everyone!

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/883747542592258049

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

The easiest thing I have done is just bought gift cards using gyft, there's no fees or anything.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Risky Bisquick posted:

Lots of posts on /r/nicehash or /r/ethermining about profitability and pulling out. Ebay/CL will be the place to time the crash and acquire hardware on the cheap if you were looking for some

Yeah I've been checking eBay multiple times daily trying to find the right time to sell. No sign of Nvidia card prices going down yet but I expect some movement soon.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm definitely not pulling out yet, I probably won't pull out until I see signs of Nvidia card value declining significantly.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 9, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

What 1080 Ti do you have and is it using the default fan curve, have you adjusted the power limit or clocks on the card at all?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm assuming that's probably 100% of TDP (250W) rather than 100W unless the power limit is way down.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Junior Jr. posted:

It's a Zotac AMP Extreme 1080Ti, I didn't do any overclocking because I think it's already factory overclocked, I believe fan speed is set to auto.

The default fan curves on most cards are fairly conservative, I would adjust the fan curve until the temps stay below 80C so you can avoid any throttling.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Yeah time to consider selling my cards soon while they're still worth something.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

:stare:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I've had like 10 GPU burritos so far, definitely been eating more burritos lately.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

The 4GB AMD cards are most likely to crash in price first since they will soon be pretty useless for mining Eth, that's why I sold mine off already a couple weeks back.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm making less than half of what I used to but it's still like 10x the costs of electricity so I don't see the mass selloffs starting just yet.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Wow profits are actually trending in the positive direction today!

To the moon!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I went to get a GPU burrito today and they told me my card only has $0.60 left when really it has $25 :argh:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I've set a cutoff point in BTC/day for myself and it looks like I'll reach it in about two weeks.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I would put the GPUs on ebay or sell them on craigslist ASAP, with the other hardware it's less urgent because it's not going to crash in value.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I still don't understand the crypto market fully, what would make the decline pause like this? Looking at the difficulty chart for ZCash it was steadily going up for a while but seems to have leveled off.

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/zcash-difficulty-chart

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

And of course I cashed out $200 worth of bitcoins immediately before this big rally :lol:

I've made over $700 from this poo poo so far so I can't really complain, probably close to $800 when I total up all of the card flipping profits and such. But I did spend like half of it on burritos, well worth it.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 21, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Fauxtool posted:

4.22/day now, up up up!

Yeah I just sold a GPU and my profits didn't even go down!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Every time I make the responsible decision like selling my cards and cashing out my buttcoins I regret it, should have rented a warehouse and hired an electrician!

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 23, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Mother fucker, guy who bought my card on eBay is trying to scam me by falsely claiming that the card is defective. Is there anything I can do?

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 26, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I think I mined on it for like 3 days lol, I sold it quick since I was worried about the 4GB VRAM and the Etherium DAG size. I had signature confirmation and the delivery was never actually confirmed and now they're claiming that it's defective.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 26, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nah I do browse reddit but I've never actually posted a thread, I guess worst case scenario I can just take the card back and sell it again assuming the rear end in a top hat doesn't do something to the card. Part of the reason why I'm pissed is that they sat on this thing for like three weeks and never did the signature confirmation somehow.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 26, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm surprised that there's no JucheCoin or some other cryptocurrency made in the likeness of a third-world dictator, seems like they would love that poo poo. Even better would be to use that cryptocurrency as the official government currency.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 28, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Profits on Nicehash aren't bad, made enough today to buy a burrito with guac. I thought I would be resorting to Taco Bell at this point.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Mining profits are going up, up up! This is gonna be a two burrito day!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Mining isn't worthless, it's that buying new hardware to mine is basically gambling because it's an unknown whether or not you're gonna get ROI. I've been mining on hardware I owned prior to the mining boom and I've made $800, in that case it's obviously worthwhile.

I also made a couple hundred flipping cards but I wouldn't try doing more of that at this point.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 6, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Man people who waited for Vega got hosed six ways to Sunday. It took forever, performance looks mediocre, and now they won't even be able to buy one after all of that :lol:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Jesus over 4k and climbing, makes me wish I didn't cash most of mine out.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

hobbesmaster posted:

Its that high because you can't cash out.

Huh?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Sadly I considered this a good strategy 20 years ago but in my defense I was 8 years old. Anyone want to buy some Beanie Babies?

craig588 posted:

Down 500 dollars overnight.

The worst thing about bitcoins is making me click my 1080 profitability bookmark and check every day to see if it'll ever be back to 10 dollar a day levels. Even when it was 4,500 dollars people weren't paying anything for mining, only like 2 something.

There was a modest uptick on Nicehash, nothing huge but slightly better than before the rally started.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Looking at sold auctions on eBay they still look just as bad as a couple months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Goes the standardized burrito have guac or no guac?

• Locked thread