Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

When will Japan learn to describe their animes in a sensible way.

Anyway, probably New Game+ and Symphogear, will check the Ballroom thing.

Obviously also Teekyuu.

And there's a new A-Channel OVA? gently caress yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Senpai.moe has almost all the airing times now, just waiting for the stream licensees to finish up their battles...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There was .hack//Liminality, the anime that came in box with the original game series. It followed people in the real world trying to solve things in parallel with the plot of the games.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

netflix might have dumb release schedules but at least they fund anime themselves and stuff. and crunchy has issues but at least they aren't undercutting everyone and have a free option of some kind. everything ive seen about amazon's anime ventures has just seemed terrible.

It will be the second coming of genuine fansubs.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope Chio-chan will be an 8-12 minute show. It will fit the chapter lengths better and not overextend the material.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Just finished up Fukumenkei Noise. Story-wise it's rather standard shoujo drama fare, and it does close on an "only the end of the beginning" note. However I did like the designs and the music, in general all performance and rehearsal parts seemed well executed to me, and in particular the concert in the final episode was really cool. It did have some cheap-looking CG, but not too distracting.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Otoh, it sorta threw the audience into the whole thing during the first half of the episode with no real introductions.

Also the teacher's speech is supper terrifying with the two faceless public officials literally standing in the doorway overseeing it. I don't remember that from the manga, but the undercurrent of near authoritarian equality is just a bit frightening and edges towards parody of those types of ideas of equality.

Also the part about "no you can't ride me, illegal even if I say okay."

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Moltrey posted:

千と千尋の神隠し (Sen to Chihiro no Isekai Kamikakushi)

Miyazaki is the worst anime hipster.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Cat and Princess thing is lovely Flash animation but could almost be watchable if it wasn't for Crunchyroll loving up the subtitle styling.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's entirely a chance that Cheer Fruits goes Samurai Flamenco and suddenly everyone has super powers in episode 7 and people are getting decapitated

Or what if sentai shows are actually documentary, and they're imagining a world where they were just fiction to entertain children.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I need to get started on the new Symphogear soon.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yes Symphogear is still good.

http://0x0.st/DPa.webm

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Netflix sure seems to "epic" shows. (Except for the bears one.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Whoever complained about the waitress girl being almost a non-character in Isekai Restaurant, well this week's episode was largely centered on her, as well as just having the entire ensemble of patrons so far assembled at once.
Seems like next week will introduce the other waitress we've only seen in the final shot of the OP so far.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

About the Isekai Restaurant, I wonder how that door really works. Couldn't the shipwrecked guy have left through someone else's door? And apparently the other waitress is actually a godlike dragon of death.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This week on the Least Effort Animation anime Nora & Princess & Stray Cat: Let's not animate anything and just have the voice actors dub over some footage of goats.

:psypop:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

kater posted:

For anyone still avoiding it out of ignorance or spite, Gamers is purestrain anime rom-com and absolutely worth watching.

Tried it yesterday and liking it very much after first 3 episodes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Knorth posted:

Hungry mermaid and her new boyfriend were very cute in the new Isekai Shokudou. However! There are only a few episodes left (:() and the OP promised me a gang of fairies in awe of a dessert and I'm still waiting :colbert:

This.
Also very happy for Aletta getting a full-time job.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

It's really annoying how the windows app doesn't even do overflow right. So it won't let you scroll to the bottom of a list of episodes in windowed mode and you have to expand the window vertically to see it.

The Windows app also has a tendency to crash if you remove series from the queue. It loses your login every month, unlike the website which seems to keep it if you visit sufficiently often. Sometimes playback just fails to begin and it gives you a terrible message about your internet probably being down despite everything else working. The queue view doesn't update properly on its own if you leave the app open, and there's no refresh command, so you have to close and re-open the entire app to access any new episodes added. Right-clicking series in the queue usually causes the entire view to scroll to the top. Getting to the full list of episodes from the queue require very careful mouse aim and forces you through the previously mentioned right-click menu. Playback always starts out at the most poo poo quality so you never get to see or hear the first 5-15 seconds of episodes at full quality.

And there's no CR manga reader app for Windows forcing you to use the Flash-based reader in a browser.

But it beats the various other available-in-EU services that don't have a Windows app at all.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Weird stuff beginning to happen in Centaur's Worries?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

I dropped Gamers as it grew increasingly clear it had no idea how to keep things going except through more total miscommunication. There's enough of that, but better, in some of the Tsurezure Children couples.

Well pick it back up, they actually manage to resolve things in today's episode. (Although not intentionally.)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sefal posted:

Crunchy roll sub worth it for the EU?
are most content in the us blocked off for EU, like Netflix?

Depends on country, really. I think it's worth it for Denmark. I think France and Germany have some other large streaming providers that take some licenses over CR, so they may actually have less.
If you browse the site while logged out you will still only see the contents available to you, same for the Lineup page of simulcasts for the current season, so just check it?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Natto spaghetti as an idea very well illustrates how hosed up the Japanese "western food" dining concept is.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Araki posted:

Hina Logi was good. Did anyone here watch the original Luck & Logic series last year? I might check it out if it's similar in tone to Hina Logi.

It's a different genre, much more a battle thing than a SoL thing, but I also liked it a lot. If you thought the universe/magic system was interesting definitely watch Luck & Logic, it explains much more of it and establishes what the situation was like before things were settled and the school in Hina Logi was founded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Did anyone stick with 18if? Did it ever develop any overarching story properly and did any episodes get really interesting?

• Locked thread