Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bad animation, lame jokes, and the characters felt really boring to me. The only bit I really liked was the younger brother being a spaz with his goofy, exaggerated faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wasn't expecting Action Heroine Cheer Fruits to feature a genuinely schizophrenic character

:frogon:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
God dammit I just got the pun in that smilie. :bang:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

Kakegurui
MAPPA | Hayashi, Yuuichirou | Kobayashi, Yasuko | Manga | Mystery, Psychological, Drama, School, Shounen | July 1, 2017
Hyakkaou Private Academy. An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling? At Hyakkaou Private Academy, the winners live like kings, and the losers are put through the wringer. But when Yumeko Jabami enrolls, she's gonna teach these kids what a high roller really looks like!
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Corocoro announces it's premiering a Splatoon Anime on their YouTube Channel August 12. I'm hyped.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread added! :toot:

quote:

Welcome to the Ballroom (Ballroom e Youkoso)
Production I.G. | Itazu, Yoshimi | ... | Manga | Comedy, Sports, Drama, Romance, School, Shounen | July 9, 2017
A professional dancer named Sengoku rescues Tatara, an introverted third-year middle school student who is being harassed by delinquents. Tatara ends up at Sengoku's dance studio where he meets Shizuku Hanaoka, a schoolmate he comes to secretly idolize. From this defining moment when Tatara enters the world of dance. Sengoku is a free-spirited, dynamic international dancer who recognizes Tatara's potential and begins to coach him. Through dance, Tatara meets another schoolmate, a dance prodigy named Kiyoharu. Through these new friendships, Tatara develops a passionate desire to improve as a dancer and be accepted by his peers and rivals, which nurtures his own native talent. And through interaction with Tatara, other dance members are encouraged to take steps to overcome their own challenges and issues.
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

woops wrong thread

I will always allow for based Suenari's Touhou art to be posted in this thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread added to OP :toot:

quote:

Vatican Miracle Examiner (Vatican Kiseki Chousakan)
J.C.Staff | Yonetani, Yoshitomo | Minakami, Seishi | Novel | Mystery, Supernatural, Drama, Shounen | July 7, 2017
Vatican City—Holy Land of the Catholics. Amidst the land, there is an organization that conducts rigorous investigations on "claims of miracles" from all over the world to ascertain their credibility. The organization is referred to as "Seito no Za" (Assembly of Saints) and the priests that belong there are called miracle investigators. Robert Nicholas, an ancient archive and cryptanalysis expert is partnered and good friends with Hiraga Josef Kou, a genius scientist. Together, the brilliant duo investigates the "miracles" and uncovers the incidents and conspiracies hidden behind them.
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread added to OP

quote:

The Reflection Wave One
Studio DEEN | Nagahama, Hiroshi | ... | Original | Action, Super Power | July 22, 2017
After THE REFLECTION, some of the people in all parts of the world are discovered with super powers.
Some become heroes, and others villains.
How did the Reflection happen? What was the cause of it?
With many unsolved mysteries, the world is lead into turmoil.
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kemono Friends season 2 looking good! :thumbsup:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's time for you to fully embrace your inner Zorak.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Multiple of the questions in the faq are yes/no answers that they completely sidestep and ignore answering :cripes:

quote:

Does this mean Funimation will be buying more or less anime?

Funimation remains committed to bringing you the biggest and best English dubbed anime library, along with new seasons of SimulDubs within two weeks of their broadcast in Japan.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Added to OP.

quote:

Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
Production I.G | ... | ... | Manga | Adventure, Comedy, Magic, Fantasy, Shounen | July 12, 2017
A new adaptation of the manga of the Mahoujin Guru Guru franchise.
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

watch everything Yuasa ever made

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

F

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Threads added to OP

quote:

The Irresponsible Galaxy☆Tylor (Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor)
Seven | ... | ... | Light Novel | Military, Sci-Fi, Space, Comedy, Parody | July 11, 2017
Taking place in a very distant in future, the adventure begins when a boy meets a certain girl. The Pan Galaxy Republic has declined and so have many empires. This resulted to people in the galaxy being scattered. Living in the peaceful side of their world, Banjou, who picks up trashes at the spherical wall met a girl, frozen, in a broken spaceship. There are bad guys who chase her, and thus, the quiet galaxy suddenly became lively. Little did he know that the frozen girl is Goza 168th, the key to decide the destiny of the whole universe. Overcoming hardship, the two embarks on a trip to make the Galaxy Republic alive again. It may be a difficult challenge, but it's alright, let's progress slowly! A comedy of irresponsible galaxy trip begins!
Thread

quote:

Gamers!
Pine Jam | Okamoto, Manabu | ... | Light Novel | Comedy, Romance, School | July 13, 2017
This is a story that revolves around certain students and one hobby. Amano Keita is our lonely protagonist who has a passion for gaming and is friends with Uehara Tasuku, who is secretly a fellow gamer and is someone who believes his life is perfect. We also have Karen Tendou, the club president of the video games club and Chiaki Hoshinomori, who constantly bickers with Keita. This is a story filled with a non-stop sequence of comedy scenes and misunderstandings. Our chaotic romantic comedy now begins!
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

What's that image folks are getting hyped over?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/kinonotabianime/status/894392942122516480

kino no tabi confirmed for october.

i could see them covering kino's backstory and doing the arena chapter again since those introduces characters and stuff, but there's characters who weren't in the first anime so it should mostly be new material. yanagi nagi is doing both the op and ed.

I kind of hope they actually don't retread the same ground as the old anime and ovas, since a big benefit of the series is how episodic it is. Maybe have Kino's back story if it's really necessary to one of the new chapters, but otherwise just keep it fresh. You don't really need to cover the arena story again either; a quick flashback or a casual mention of how the characters met should suffice, if even be necessary.

Anyways, looking forward to more adventures with my favorite gun-slinging girl.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I agree, that cat is adorable :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:hellyeah:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

gently caress YEAH?

You should watch Kino's Journey.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWkt8wcYh8 Anohana dub coming to Blu-ray with English dub October 31st. :ghost:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

I should probably actually watch an Ikuhara show at some point

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm pretty sure the implications of two people "sleeping together" is a universal concept, yes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

You mean you've never watched a show where you felt that details were unnecessary, or spoiled the message or atmosphere, or where your enjoyment of a scene was spoiled because you legit could not tell what they were trying to do with it (like a scene of nonsensical dialogue, or an indecipherable action sequence? When people say that a work has 'tone problems', what do you think they mean by that? What makes inconsistent tone bad?

:thunk:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cake Attack posted:

I learned official stats were fake when my doctor told me I'm 5'8 even though I'm clearly 5'10

I keep telling you, you're supposed to take off your shoes first!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAg4gIhdfg

:signings:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cake Attack posted:

i wouldnt use kissanime because i know what a torrent is

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

I have a Crunchyroll subscription but I can't use it because the app's been busted for months

???

Works fine on my Android Phone.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

the one lovely thing that got me to stop using the PS4 CR app is that it would skip the last 30 seconds or so of an episode, regardless of you having autoplay active or not. not an isolated bug either, i found threads on their site going a ways back. i wouldn't be surprised if it still happens.

It definitely doesn't happen on my ps4, so not everyone gets that bug. Sorry to hear that, though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

i disagree, and not because he shills for crunchyroll or naruto mobile games or whatever

Okay, let's have this discussion: What makes him a bad Youtuber?

I'm bringing this up because I disagree with you. Not liking him is one thing: His humor is definitely more hit and miss, and I can agreee with you for not digging that, since sometimes he'll just get masturabatory about a subject or prop up something in an egotistical manner that definitely comes across as douchebagy and pretentious. I will also agree that the shilling can be a bit of an issue, but I don't really see it affecting the quality of the content so much as just directing which shows/subjects he covers. His OP/ED Analyses are pretty in-depth and informative beyond a surface-level glance, and he usually does good editing to go along with it. He also doesn't have any *Weird Opinions* as far as I can tell, though feel free to point out if I'm wrong.

I don't think he's the best or anything, but he does make some good videos.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Most people seem to agree Super Eyepatch Wolf and The Canipa Effect are good, and Giggurk's content is usually enjoyable from my perspective as well. Mother's Basement has cool videos, though you might not like the guy. :shrug:

The rest of the big names seem to be varying degrees of bland/awful from what I've seen.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Agreed 100%

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Pretty sure Suzuki Kenya is a guy, but information about them seems scarce.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

khy posted:

The epic fight between good and evil lasts about 1 minute total.

Sounds epic.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Moltrey posted:

yall motherfuckers got the weakest constiutions i've ever seen

yeah gently caress it, i'll watch anime jaden smith, desus and mero fight a demon Damien Hirst sculpture and teach old money fuckboys a lesson. sure. why not.

I both love it and hate it. It looks ugly and I doubt the plot's gonna be good, but the world looks really interesting and diverse, and if it has a good sense of humor or can pull off emotional moments well I could see myself actually enjoying it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hell yeah!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also as a heads up, I'm gonna start putting together a thread for the Fall Season, but it probably won't go up until next weekend.
:siren:Suggestions for thread titles would be appreciated!:siren:

Here's the lineup for next Season in case you need a reference: http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

I refuse to believe these trashboys gently caress.

They gently caress around, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Seven Seas has been killing it over the past year or two with licenses. They seriously might be in my top 3 publishers that translate Manga at this point.

• Locked thread