Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I might watch new New Game since I heard good things about old New Game! that's all I got. Maybe if I ever catch up with Monogatari I'll watch that.

also man i didnt watch a drat thing this season so maybe I'll catch up. i was interested in sakura quest, glad to hear that was good. I'd like to get into Natsume Yuujinchou but that's got 6 seasons gently caress me. I've also heard really good things about Alice and Zoroku but don't know a dang thing about it.

Otherwise i'm watching dragonball and sailor moon all summer, god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think late June? Like, really soon? But it's only like half of the show for now? I dunno, Netflix's foreign show piece-mealing is weird, Terrace House had a sorta similar thing

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Three words, friend.
Little.
Witch.
Academia.
I was real excited for that, but I saw a lot of mixed takes on it so I cooled hard. I'll prob give it a look for myself tho when it's finally on Netflix!

i want too, i've heard it's good and chill but i'm just lazy as hell

I think what happened to me was that iwatched March Comes In Like A Lion a few months ago and I enjoyed it so much that my anime appetite was gone so I took a knee until now

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Strange Quark posted:

It's episodic so you could take it as slow as you want to. But if you want something really standalone, watch Hotarubi no Mori e. It's a short 44 minute movie by the same mangaka, and it's got a very similar feel to Natsume even it's totally unrelated.
the synopsis of this is very good, i might do this, thank you

The Colonel posted:

takes on early lwa were pretty mixed but it seems like everyone who's watched to the second half has come to really dig it
oh word? nice I'll give it some time whenever i get around to it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only good Transported To Fantasy World LN is Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power

it's probably bad but the title owns.....powerful mom.....

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
everyone in nozaki-kun is the best but mikoshiba is the real best

god nozaki-kun is so loving good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler posted:

Maeno is not the best, but in fact, the worst.
his tanukis are good tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's Not Mikorin

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i started watching natsume and three episodes in enjoying it. i knew it was a yokai show and that's generally My poo poo, and it in fact is. it's a real good show to watch right before bed.

i also started watching the eccentric family on a whim and im way too tired to explain why it's good right now, but it's veeery good, glad that got a second season this season so there's more of it.

watching these two at the same time just makes me wanna play okami again tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

If you like youkai shows you might also check out The Morose Mononokean; I can't 100% vouch for the anime because I haven't finished it but I love the manga and enjoyed what I saw of the anime.
word, i'll look into it, that and Mushishi are on my list

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler posted:

If you want to be stepped on, Kakegurui has got you covered.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love Fukumoto's work but I did walk away from Kaiji wishing it was hornier. Ichijou being a bishie wasn't enough.

Ichijou Did Nothing Wrong

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 2, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Kakegurui Ep. 1 was just Kaiji but everyone's insanely horny and out of their mind about how much they love gambling.

so i'll keep watching

cannot overstate it though, I've never seen an OP that horny

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 2, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was bummed that they were gonna try and sell the dude as the main character of this girls gambling duel show, but I checked the wikipedia page and he's the last guy listed in the Main Character section so this show seems alright

RME posted:

the kakegurui OP is good
yeah it actually is

chumbler posted:

Likewise for the ED.
i checked my phone for a second and then looked back up and her titties were half out and then that was the rest of the ED

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
fuckin solid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
people are mad at the cat ears headphones girl but they're dumb as piss i'll defend her with me life.

i loved new Cyber Canti, but it's not my old CRT son, what did they do to my boy

those are the only thoughts i have about FLCL, i don't think anyone has watched FLCL since bush was in office

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
well you see i only watched fooly cooly once ten years ago and i have no interest in watching the sequels. anyway here's why im mad they're being made

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah that's my friend, i probably shoulda just linked it, but oh well, im owned

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

GorfZaplen posted:

They're right
you don't understand FLCL was a philosophical and conceptual show, the imagery and metaphor were completely inscrutable, it was not at all about a sad boy who just wants to cum

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Compendium posted:

I don't know what I'm reading in this thread, but oh well
same

i never go in the chat thread, so i keep thinking i misclicked and am reading it by accident

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
homeboy tripped over every part of that post fuckin lmaooo

also god gently caress i want haikyuu season 4

glad kakegurui is still great, haven't watched ep. 2 yet

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Spiritus Nox posted:

Human faces generally shouldn't be that slimy.
just because you don't moisturize regularly doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't

I just got to the part where she gets aroused just by hearing how strong the Student Council is and yeah she rules

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
千と千尋の神隠し (Sen to Chihiro no Isekai Kamikakushi)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love to game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
for ladygay, I'd like to say Kakegurui, but I've been told it doesn't actually do the drat thing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just finished episode 3 and yeah it's wild, I'll probably jump on the manga soon.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please galko-chan.....tell me.....

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

After three episodes Kakegurui is easily my favourite show of the season, seeing awful rich people getting beaten at their own game is horribly cathartic.
I like that the time between Yumeko sitting down at a new game she's never heard of and then screaming at her opponent and launching them into a panic attack has gotten shorter every ep

every woman in this show is mentally intimidating in a completely different way. One girl wears a mask, one girl always smiles, one girl is a bratty gamer, one girl just has a loving gun

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, the pacing is pretty snappy, the last quarter or so of the most recent episode is probably the most I've enjoyed the show and the game was practically over by then. I love Kaiji, but watching the same repeated footage of the pachinko machine does wear on ya.

I can probably make a thread for it sometime today, but I haven't read the manga at all if someone who has wants to.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i made the Kakegurui thread

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
March Comes In Like A Lion was already the best anime of this year (started in october, ended in march) and now Season 2's gonna do it again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

I kinda wish it had a more accurate title, but I do like The misadventures of Captain Frownyface Shogibutt. :)
A Depressed Teen Deals With Being Alone And The Anxieties Of Adulthood While Trying Not To Fail And Again Bring Ruin To Everyone He Cares About is a less good title tho.

Rei is the only good SadBoy ever in fiction imo

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 20, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

kater posted:

It's almost like... March comes in like a lion.
and goes out like a lamb

I honestly cannot recommend March Comes In Like A Lion enough if you like serious slice-of-life esque with over-arching stories character dramas + light comedy, it's one of my favorite things in a while and it's crazy to me that not enough people are into it, but I get it, it's def not for everyone. It's written by Chika Umino, the Honey and Clover lady. I've no experience with it but people like that so I need to get around to it. March is def one of my new faves tho, Shaft did an amazing job and I really wish the manga would be released here

I should actually watch Love Live instead of seeing my friends play the gacha game and I wanna watch the old Kino's Journey before the new one, this season seems p. interesting

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 20, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm gonna watch love live and finally see my friends nozomi and maki

Nate RFB posted:

S1 was in kind of a bad spot to end tbh, it kind of forced itself to be in a situation where the last third or so would have a stretch where Rei and the Kawamoto sisters aren't the focus (tho I do like Shimada a lot!!). That should change in a, uh, big way with S2.
Yeah, even the final episode focused on establishing new characters and adapted a flashback chapter from later in the manga, so the ending was all around weird. The Shimda arc was real good tho! but Season 1 def felt like a story that got interrupted by the season ending. I def feel like I'll need to rewatch the first season again before the second airs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I watched like six eps of Tsurezure Children today and Dating Master kid and the council president x mean girl own

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Knorth posted:

I like the Ballroom OP a lot, it's very catchy. I don't think I have an opinion on the Abyss one, can't even remember it right now...

I also can't remember which thread I posted the Kakegurui OP webm in but that one is extremely good
i got u
https://twitter.com/sn4wgn/status/881479520859045890

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Armor-Piercing posted:

I dropped Gamers as it grew increasingly clear it had no idea how to keep things going except through more total miscommunication. There's enough of that, but better, in some of the Tsurezure Children couples.
the only thing ive seen of Gamers is the bit where they list off all the things people bad at fighting games do and ive never felt more seen in my life

Makes Unnecessary Jumps Upon Approach

gamers seems good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i doubt the smoochanime guys are making hecka money, i just think they suck rear end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

theres nothing duller than endless positivity
literally the most false thing you coulda said

i'll take someone talking about a piece of media they truly and deeply love and care about for an hour than listen to someone talk about how much a piece of media is bad for ten minutes every day until i die

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yall motherfuckers got the weakest constiutions i've ever seen

yeah gently caress it, i'll watch anime jaden smith, desus and mero fight a demon Damien Hirst sculpture and teach old money fuckboys a lesson. sure. why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

I both love it and hate it. It looks ugly and I doubt the plot's gonna be good, but the world looks really interesting and diverse, and if it has a good sense of humor or can pull off emotional moments well I could see myself actually enjoying it.
jokes aside, this is sorta where i am with it.

like I'm not expecting it to be great and yeah it looks like another season of code lyoko time traveled ahead like eleven years, but just conceptually, I have to TRY it

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nothing associated with jaden smith is ever good.
that track he's on in tyler the creator's new album is pretty good

• Locked thread