Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rangpur posted:

Is it more or less gay than Yuri on Ice?

I haven't seen that, but I wasn't joking, the main character of Dive is gay. Not in a sports anime way, like, in a genuine real life way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sounds like Yuri on Ice then. Rangpur wasn't joking either i'm guessing.

Then shouldn't it have been called Yaoi on Ice?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How the heck are people calling a season with new Symphogear and -monogatari weak?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

darkgray posted:

New Monogatari novel out in ~2 weeks, so they'll probably milk it another five years at least.

good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a good book

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

lets all watch alien nine

:twisted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sindai posted:

Sometimes the necks in Ballroom suddenly triple in length and that freaks me out

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kater posted:

Also I didn't realize that the last YowaPedal was the loving finale! Bad sports anime, you are supposed to run forever. Also what a bad spot to end.

but we're gonna get more of the old third years! Now, yeah, their story arc was completed ages ago and they have no reason at all to still be in the show, but it the third years! You love them so they will never leave!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm a million years behind but here's my takes on a couple first episodes

Tsurezure Children: cute and funny
Isekai Restaurant: dull, but not offensively so and more characters could make it better

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The second episode of Isekai Restaurant changed my opinion on the show. It's not dull, it's good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is good. Those girls work very hard

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mentat Radnor posted:

So, Vatican Miracle Examiner is kinda badass. It has everything!

- Hype OP!
- Mystery-solving handsome boys!
- Gory murders!
- More handsome boys!
- Satan!

and much more. It's the type of show that pairs well with drinking a lot of Communion wine, and I'm enjoying the campyness so far.

http://i.imgur.com/3nSLGMS.gifv

Does it accurately depict Catholic dogma and tradition?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't expecting Action Heroine Cheer Fruits to feature a genuinely schizophrenic character

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This episode we're introduced to a new character who lives by herself in a converted train car behind the station. She has a little train set in the car. She gets home feeling lonely and abandoned by her friend, and the model trains transform into very cartoony little robots that give her life advice. Nothing in the show to this point has established that it takes place in a sci-fi universe where helper robots are a thing. There's been no casual use of futuristic technology, all the computers and cars and stuff look like modern day things, etc. And the train robots don't look like realistic near future robots, they look like cartoons.

I'm sure there'll be a flashback or backstory episode where the girl explains that her parents bought her some friend robots before they died so she wouldn't be lonely or something like that. But just going off the evidence presented so far, they're hallucinations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

since when does kids having imaginary friends make them schizophrenic

I don't think high schoolers have imaginary friends

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sorry if schizophrenic was the wrong term. I was just surprised when the cute show about high schoolers putting on a show had a scene that was basically one of the scenes from I Am A Hero where Hideo is alone and talks to the little guy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnacondaHL posted:

Dangerous question of the day: why are the series' merfolk designed as fish from the knees down, opposed to the traditional waist down? Everything about this seems like a miserable existence for them :(

The aquatic adaptation of merpeople is a combination of cetaceans and seals. Cetaceans' tails are actually their tails, their hindlimbs have gone all vestigial and are just small bones inside their bodies, like the midlimbs of merpeople. But seals' tails are a fusion of the hindlimbs like merpeople's tails. Seals don't have that gap that merpeople do though. I don't know of any animals in our world that developed a tail in that way. But of course the fossil record is very patchy, and I'm not even sure how easy it would be to tell an adaptation like that just from the skeleton, fused at crotch vs. fused with a crotch gap.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kater posted:

Why aren't there horse x fish cross breeds whys it always gotta be teenage girls.

Isn't that basically what whales are? They were weird ungulates before they turned into fish

this discussion has me down a rabbit hole looking up stuff about aquatic mammal evolution, it's really interesting

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Girls und Sentai

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe for that season they should only run sports anime.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

I should go to Toei and get the stick out of their rear end that's causing them to charge so much for Kamen Rider.

What's going on there, do they think that if it came to the US it would be as big as Power Rangers so they're asking for Power Rangers money?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been enjoying Isekai Restaurant a lot. I hope Delicious in Dungeon gets an anime and "fantasy cooking" becomes the new inexplicable popular anime micro-genre

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'm done with the new Tylor show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The latest episode was just a joke about how one of the main characters almost got raped

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the first guy came up and it said Apple Polisher I assumed that was describing his character archetype so the next guy being Reve Parfait confused the poo poo out of me

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

Hey, it's the crazy Candy Lady! :dance:

I wanna knoe more about the new lady. The Third Girl

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
12 Angry Men got a real bad Bechdel score

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dancing has to be really hard to animate, considering the creative lengths Welcome to the Ballroom goes to avoid it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Tatara wins the dance-off and leaves Mako to partner with Shizuka, I will be so upset, I swear to god

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Calling it now, drunk wife show is AotY

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blend S is one of those premises that could go really well or really bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What about the ones with idols and robots?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think Centaur's Worries is supposed to have a consistent theme. It's an examination of the lives of the characters, with enough world-building to help you understand them and the world they live in. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's serious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't want Nobunaga no Shinobi to end :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

rvm posted:

snake girl

mods?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mods?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

Hungry mermaid and her new boyfriend were very cute in the new Isekai Shokudou. However! There are only a few episodes left (:() and the OP promised me a gang of fairies in awe of a dessert and I'm still waiting :colbert:

I agree with all this, but the promise of dwarfs next week will hold me until the fairies show up

• Locked thread