Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Thanks for doing this. I will watch New Game 2. Even though it's on the verge of being too pandering it's still pretty fun. Maybe Ballroom--people seem to like the manga, though I haven't read it.

I will likely check out Africa no Salaryman, because the premise is bonkers enough to interest me and if it's terrible, hey, I only wasted three minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Nobody's translating Africa Salaryman. Sad!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

It was the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi actually. :twisted:

Listen,

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Julias posted:

On a separate note, do you guys and gals have any suggestions for changes that you would like to see with the Season Thread OP?

Not really. It's very good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I really should've started watching MHA earlier. That's a good shonen series right there. Halfway through S1 today when I really should be doing something more productive...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Great, I will add it to the pile of things to watch!

(Though I would still like Love Lab season 2)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
h-h-hell no

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
So I'm obviously very late to this but man, after going through all of MHA in a week I have to say I really enjoyed it. And it's not a genre I'm crazy about either. The characterization is good and the writing is pretty impressive--a lot of the characters are written as if they were the protagonists in their own shows, and plot nonsense is kept pretty low. I would never have guessed they could pull off a 12-episode tournament arc without any lulls, either, but they did.

Definitely one of the best anime I've seen this year, and better IMO than its shonen cousins OPM and Mob.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
TOSHIYUKI-KUN! TOSHIYUKI-KUN!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Welcome to Youkoso Ballroom Park

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hargrimm posted:

I feel like more people should be talking about Tsuredure Children. The vignettes are all really well-done and enjoyable; it's a great little pick-me-up

I don't know anything about the manga, but apart from this having an unusual introduction and structure, it's pretty fun. Nice to see everyone being appropriately thirsty for their age.

Hotaru is the best and I hope she'll show up more often.

Translating this must be tough though. That whole "cleaning/love" conversation...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nichijou is already kind of a clip show. Also, very good. Sakamoto is a good Cat Dad.

Sakamoto-san.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I care. I always like to read what people are enjoying (or not).

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yay, nice new Wark av. I was almost going to use that exact scene myself. :)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

It was time.

Choco!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

cosmo321 posted:

Red-haired girl in Tsurezure Children is my favorite character this season.

I haven't seen the latest ep, but overly attached sister wins it for me.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That's great. I thought they would at least be anime goats. Live action is even cheaper.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am not too far into Sakura Quest but I like it. It is boring but I find the "Japanese bust town" setting interesting.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

an actual dog posted:

It's so close to Shirobako in tone but with none of the heart and intelligence. That bothers me far more than it should.

Ah. That's too bad, I was hoping it would develop more of a heart and brain as it went on.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Now DogaKobo just needs to let Rin kiss Kou

also love lab season two :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think if MHA continued to do nothing other than tests and tournaments I would still enjoy every episode.

• Locked thread