Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

im gonna watch 18if whatever the gently caress it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's kinda crazy that they're using SSSS when that comes from the americanized adaptation and not the original toku series

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they've got a bunch of talented animators doing their first directorial work on it so maybe that part will be interesting even if everything else is stupid

(it would have been cooler if they had gotten a different band to do all the music for it)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Everything Burrito posted:

buncha wrong opinions about the pillows itt

i like the pillows but change is good

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Moltrey posted:

you don't understand FLCL was a philosophical and conceptual show, the imagery and metaphor were completely inscrutable, it was not at all about a sad boy who just wants to cum

it's both

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

adult swim should've made a new season of xavier renegade angel

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

this looks loving terrible

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the style looks like a horrible flash filter put over top of generic anime style, its ugly as hell

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

will the anime also be unfinished

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Dangerous question of the day: why are the series' merfolk designed as fish from the knees down, opposed to the traditional waist down? Everything about this seems like a miserable existence for them :(

why the gently caress do you think

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

netflix is getting lots of good shows but gently caress they're terrible at the whole actually releasing them fast enough for anyone to care to watch them part

lwa's been finished for a while and the only announcement about getting the second half is this month, and it's from netflix france

maybe if anime fans had a longer attention span than three months

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

anitwitter is bad and a bunch of babies

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Motto posted:

being critical of things is okay imo

sure but a lot of them act like its a deathknell for any anime on there and not like, a platform that can reach a much wider audience. a lot of it just comes across as real whiny

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i really think we'll get to the point where all their anime stuff is netflix exclusive and doesn't even air on tv and so the point will become moot

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

one thing that kinda concerns me with netflix/amazon is the lack of physical releases, where there's the potential of a license being lost and no legal recourse for people to obtain a series

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Wark Say posted:

I recall seeing Amazon selling directly / allowing to sell Scum's Wish on DVD / Blu-Ray? Or did that got kicked in the head too?

i don't see anything but i could see amazon doing discs on demand for their series, maybe

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

But a lot of the Crunchyroll catalog never get physical releases either.

crunchy is putting some stuff out on disc (has that happened yet?) i don't expect every series to get a disc release because that's potentially bad for the market but i wish it was that way

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

i learned official stats were fake like a decade ago when i looked up akiha from tsukihime and found out she was supposed to be like 80 pounds wtf

the image where every macross character is 18 or younger

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'd rather have aids

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Zetsubou-san posted:

urusei yatsura already exists though

a normal life of trying to get with every cute girl he sees, whether they be alien, ghost, or dolphin

• Locked thread