Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should op be banned
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

tesla continuing to confirm its status as a hot mess.

lattner is a cool dude, really smart and nice to work with. maybe too mellow for tesla culture.

wait have you actually worked with chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
chris specifically wanted to do something that was not compiler development

i assume that's still true

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
we really do not need another thread for reposting the exact same poo poo about tesla that's already being posted to like three other threads

lol it is a bad car and elon is an idiot, but it has nothing to do with chris lattner

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Doc Block posted:

serious post: when I first learned you worked for apple on LLVM and swift, I thought you might be chris lattner.

(are you ted kremenek?)

i literally dox myself every time i post, my handle is my initials and last name

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

yospos bitch!!!

honestly this thread kind of freaks me out, it's weird to see strangers talking about someone you know really well

also i am extremely trolled by the title

lol @ me

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Doc Block posted:

seems that chris lattner publicly gets called the inventor of swift by apple (or, at least by the press). but IIRC you said in the CoC Swift thread you were the first person hired to design & work on swift full time, so v:shobon:v extremely my bad

it's a hang-up i have, don't worry about it. chris was working on swift before me (but part-time) and definitely led the project from the start. just one of those things where that means he gets 100% of the credit in pr / news articles

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i still have no idea what chris was thinking

i can't imagine he gave a poo poo about huge stacks of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
yeah, i'm not surprised by abstractly wanting a change. i'm just surprised he thought he could make it work with elon

• Locked thread