Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should op be banned
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Doc Block posted:

reminder that SpaceX's crewed capsule uses giant touch screens for controls, with manual buttons for a few things to be used in emergencies.

because those screens won't be hard to use while the craft is vibrating during takeoff/reentry while wearing a spacesuit, no sir. nevermind somebody accidentally brushing up against the panel while in zero-g.

so he wanted LCARS in his space ship but didn't bother to invent inertial dampers first? what a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

rjmccall posted:

it's a hang-up i have, don't worry about it. chris was working on swift before me (but part-time) and definitely led the project from the start. just one of those things where that means he gets 100% of the credit in pr / news articles

hey it could be worse. at least youre not known as the ringo of swift.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

pram posted:

it was called dalvik

i thought that was deprecated in favor of art, which is a jit java runtime

• Locked thread