Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should op be banned
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Raluek posted:

lol at the different color temperature on every monitor.

just out of curiosity, is the front of an lcd panel strong enough to hold the liquid crystal in if the cabin is vented? i wonder how much pressure differential it can stand.

although, it looks like there's another layer on top of the lcd itself, so maybe it's sealed in there with a permanent pressure in front of the panel. but wouldnt that give a big parallax error if you weren't sitting directly in front of the panel when you wanted to change something with a big gloved finger?

i dunno im not a suit ux guy or anything, so maybe theres some cleverness about this implementation that im not seeing :thunk:

it's marketing driven design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Doc Block posted:

Objective-C does, when compiled as Objective-C++

How could we make objective-c any worse? Oh! I Know!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

you should rewrite your c++ crap in rust, op

javascript is better

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Maximo Roboto posted:

it'd be funny if they get Kotlin Native up and running by the time Swift gets ABI compatibility

Kotlin lol. Does anyone outside of Jetbrains use that?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

it's android's swift now.

that's good for android. the further they get away from java the better.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

it's basically java with different syntax. it runs in the jvm, has the same memory and object model (it generates java classes). its for people who want to write java like it was a trendy new language.

does androind use the jvm now? i thought they had their own snowflake bytecode and runtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

no dalvik was the 'snowflake' jit jvm. 'art' is native code

oh. still not going to buy an android

• Locked thread