Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should op be banned
yes
no
View Results

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

Chris Lattner, creator of LLVM, clang, and Swift, quit Apple to work at Tesla a few months ago, and has now quit Tesla.

https://twitter.com/clattner_llvm/status/877341760812232704

Apparently working for two egomaniacal, ultra-demanding, workaholic CEOs in his career was one too many.

llvm, clang, and swift are all horrible so its not surprising the creator washed out when asked to do something more significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I guess congrats on trying to turn Linux into a functional development environment? too bad they failed.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
didn't someone do a review of their software security and found it was not bad?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
none of that is a software problem tho. 1 is a regulatory failure 2 is a design failure and 3 is lawyer poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

2) is partly a software failure in that they let the software engineers have too much influence over the design of the controls. a good designer with human factors/ergonomics experience would not have let them get away with "giant ipad controls everything."

but yes, overall i don't think their software is poorly-coded, just mischaracterized (autopilot is not an autopilot) and half-baked (the UX sucks).

I don't think theres any software developer who has the final say on the stupid tablet controls. that's gotta be a management thing.

• Locked thread