Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Just incase it helps anyone, I posted a list of the really good stuff that's new in tyool 2017 that you might want to look out for. There is of course a lot more indie games, some ok, some maybe even borderline good, but this is just (imo) the really standout games this year. In particular, Hollow Knight is a masterpiece and worth getting even if it's a weak sale.

This has been a pretty good year of the gamer, but really moreso a fan-loving-tastic year if you own a PS4 which I advise you look into since they're pretty cheap and lot of great exclusives on there. I got one back in Mar for the first time and my PC has mostly been eating dust.

Xaris posted:

If anyone else is like me and has moved away from Steam-hype bubble the past several years and now lives under a rock like an ol' hermit and sort of just pops in every so often, here's a list of good games that have come out in 2017 and you might want to check out during the upcoming sale if the price is right for you.

• Prey
  • Nier: Automata
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Night in the Woods
  • Hollow Knight (easily top 3 true metroidvania on Steam and is amazing)
  • Vanquish + Bayonetta (not new, but new to Steam!)
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (technically not new and you may already have it, but they added a lot of content and worth getting now for sure since it's amazing)
  • Dead Cells (** It's still EA but it's absolutely amazing. I only don't recommend it because you might play 30+ hrs of this and burn out before the game is completed and balanced but holy poo poo it's fun. Probably not going to see more than 10/15% sale on it right now though but worth putting on your Wishlist)

Other games I have my eye on from this year that I have not played:
  • Alwas Awakening
  • Everspace (heard mixed things but I may get it if the price is low enough)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
I do have a few 2016 games I never got around to getting as well but I assume most anyone interested probably picked up most of the good-stuff last Winter already so I don't think that's worth recapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Scalding Coffee posted:

I will totally buy up Dead Rising 2 OTR when it is 85% off this sale for being so old and not discounted 60% like those other sales.

i mean, if you really want to play it, is a fiver difference that big of deal if its something you really want and know you'll have a blast? either you'll play it or won't

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Too Shy Guy posted:

I've been putting all my time into adventure games this month but I was dead-set on getting this out before the sale, because Hollow Knight really is something incredible. I'm going to try to do it justice but the short version is that it took the metroidvania and Dark Souls formulas and made something that's better than both in a lot of ways.

There aren't many games that have cast a longer shadow over the industry than Dark Souls, and much like what you'll find lurking within them it's been a bit of a curse. Too many indie games have been overtuned to provide a similarly punishing experience, narratives have been undercooked to mimic the subtle storytelling, and action has been slowed to a crawl to imitate the methodical combat. But some titles have taken the right bits of inspiration and mixed them with their own brew of mechanics, and from just such a concoction you will find Hollow Knight. And in many ways, the mix Team Cherry has come up with is a richer taste than what inspired it.

Nice writeup. I'm glad you posted it so hopefully more people get it. Its real good

The developer is also a goon and has posted interesting tidbits in the Hollow Knight thread so SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GOONDEVS!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=109047

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

This is solid advice, especially considering Bethesda policy when it comes to DLC pricing (I finally got Dishonored 1's DLC when it hit a pricing error, since it was always more expensive than the GOTY), but I really wanted to play D2. :(
To be fair, I don't think Dishonored 2 is getting DLC so there won't be a GOTY.

Go ahead and get it, it's a solid and good game with some insanely detailed and amazing video game levels (the actual plot is so-so to bad but gameplay is top notch and levels are top tier)

They just announced at E3 they are making a Standalone Dishonored game where you go kill the outsider. This may have at one point been DLC planned but now it's it's own thing so enjoy!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

veedubfreak posted:

Whats a good FPS game not made by Bethesda, because gently caress them not supporting triple screen.

Bethesda doesn't really make FPS games (ok ok Fallout is arguable that). They have however published many good ones. Prey, Wolfenstein TNO/TOB, and Doom are all real good. I'm also sure you've played Metro 2033 + Last Light, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, etc etc?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

veedubfreak posted:

Went through both metro, doom is still problematic on triple screen. Forgot about the new Prey. I have Fallout 4 but it doesn't do ultrawide for poo poo without a ton of file hacks and gently caress that.

e: is the OG dishonored worth picking up?

Triple Screen is some pretty niche poo poo man. I dont think you can get too mad at a developer for not supporting it, at least at this point. I'm sure it would be nice (I only play games on 1 monitor despite a dual-monitor setup, and will probably continue to do so until i die) for those that do, but it just seems like a weird thing to be mad at. Even TB's 30fps brigade makes more sense for the general populace :shrug:

And yeah, Dishonored 1 is real good. Especially if you like Deus Ex, Thief, etc like games. It's an amazing setting, good story, and full of little things in a fleshed out world. It's also super cheap now I'm sure.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
For those that are interested, some games I just checked

Shovel Knight 20% off - $20
Hyper Light Drifter 50% off - $10
Dishonored 1 (Not GOTY) 75% off - $2.5
Dishonored 1 (GOTY) 50% off - $10
Dishonored 2 50% off - $20
Prey 34% off - $39.99
Cryptark 25% - $11.24
Nex Machina 20% off - $16
Resident Evil 7 40% off - $36
Yooka Laylee 25% off - $30
Everspace 20% off - $24
Night in the Woods 10% off? - $18?
Full Bore 75% off - $3.74
What Remains of Edith Finch 25% off - $15
Hitman Complete Bundle 66% off - $23.74

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

il_cornuto posted:

Showed up briefly as 50% off (£7.49) for me.

Yeah you are right, its 50% off for $10

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Cue the anticipation followed by the wet fart sound that stands in for Valve never getting their poo poo together.

Hey it's not a sale if Steam isn't making GBS threads the bed!

e: Since it is, updated list for those impatient goons

• Shovel Knight 20% off - $20
  • Hyper Light Drifter 50% off - $10
  • Dishonored 1 (Not GOTY) 75% off - $2.5
  • Dishonored 1 (GOTY) 50% off - $10
  • Dishonored 2 50% off - $20
  • Prey 34% off - $39.99
  • Cryptark 25% - $11.24
  • Nex Machina 20% off - $16
  • Resident Evil 7 40% off - $36
  • Yooka Laylee 25% off - $30
  • Everspace 20% off - $24
  • Night in the Woods 10% off? - $18?
  • Full Bore 75% off - $3.74
  • What Remains of Edith Finch 25% off - $15
  • Hitman Complete Bundle 66% off - $23.74
  • Hollow Knight 34% off - $9.9
  • Tyranny 50% off - $22.5
  • Shadowruns (All, Dragonfall, ) 75% off - $5
  • Salt and Sanctuary 40% off - $10.8
  • Obduction 33% off - $20
  • SUPERHOT 40% off - $15
  • Dead Cells 15% off - $14.44
  • Alwas Awakening 25% off - $7.50
  • Black Mesa 60% off - $8
  • Assasins Creed (ALL) 50% off - $10 (Everything except) | $20 (Unity/ Syndicate)
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer 80% off - $3
  • Metro 2033 / Last Light Redux 75% off - $5
  • Doom 4 50% off - $15
  • Wolfenstein TNO / TOB 50% off - $10 (ea)
  • Space Pirate and Zombies 2 35% - $13
  • Satellite Reign 80% off - $4.2

e: Added more x3 and I'm done listing everything I think is worth taking a look at. Need to actually get back to work. Feel free to quote and add other games

btw a lot of these are real bad but w/e, take your pick. some are good.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Avasculous posted:

Alright, I haven't kept track of the way sales work for the past couple of years.

I know Steam doesn't do dailies anymore, but is there any reason to hold off on a game at 40% now, because someone else is going to make it -80% tomorrow?

Nope! Buy buy buy buy now now now.

Won't get any cheaper. What you see is what you get

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

PantsBandit posted:

Can anyone see what Watch_Doges 2 is going for?

50% off - $30

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

So my phone is making GBS threads the bed in regards to the steam app. Can anyone tell me what the sales are if any on the following (USA)?
Clockwork Empires - 50% - $15. it's bad. devs also closed up shop and basically an incomplete game.
Environmental Station Alpha - No sale
Boundless - No sale
Critical Annihilation 40% - $6
Oxygen Not included -20% - $20
Snake Pass - 50% - $10
Neir Automata - 30% - $42
Genital Jousting - 50% - $2.5
Night in the Woods - No sale
Little Nightmares -25% - $15
Gang Beasts - 33% - $13.4
Interstellar Rift
Astroneer - No sale
Dungeonmans - No sale
Pit People - No Sale
Shadow Tactics
Flinthook -20% - $12
Quadrilateral Cowboy
ok getting too lazy to finish, sorry bud

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

Awww, no discount for Night in the Woods? :smith:

Nah, I thought there might be because the complete soundtracked version is 10% off and figured the base one just didn't update but no, no sale.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Oh hey Transistor is 85% off for $3. Pretty good price. I had a lot of problems and didn't like it nearly as much as Bastion but it's a good price for a pretty good game.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Grey Fox posted:

It's their prerogative, but I still think there should be a special place in hell for companies that offer 50% discounts on a base game and the base game + DLC, but not the DLC on its own.

I'm looking at you, From Software

To be fair, From Software is just the perfect amount of incompetent and out of touch japanese devs that have no idea what they're doing on the PC market to honestly just completely forget they probably even have individual DLC out there and not out of malice.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Stardew Valley is fantastic. FTL if you don't own it. Papers, Please is a good option.
e: nm linux lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

s.i.r.e. posted:

So when should I expect to be able to access Steam? poo poo is impossible to browse right now.
Web browser is working fine for me and I could checkout right now which is loading and showing fine, but Im just waiting anyways.

With death of dealies and lightning, no real reason to go gung ho and purchase nownownonow unless you're literally planning on installing and playing right this very second. Just wait a few more hours and do some research and sit on it in the mean time to think if its something you really want.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Dungeon Warfare is 75% for $2.50! It's the (2nd or 3rd) best TD on steam and amazing. http://store.steampowered.com/app/355980/Dungeon_Warfare/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

Kind of a long list, but say I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Hyperlight Drifter - 10.00
Dead Cells - 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Hollow Knight - 10.00
Go with those three. Ok ok, Dead Cells can wait because it's still technically EA but it is an amazing game. Pick another one of your choosing. Salt and Sanctuary is supposedly pretty solid. Im going to be picking that up myself

Honestly a lot of games on your list seem pretty mediocre to "maybe fun but flawed". Those two in particular are outstandingly good. Idk if I were you I'd trim down your wishlist there because you probably really won't even like or play a lot of them and many are 70% or less rating on steam (which isn't a particularly great metric but still a decent metric).

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

TopHatGenius posted:

Damnit I'm trying to set a limit of 50bux for the sale but I see things like Prey for sale.

Is it worth 40bux for that game? I know it's super new too.
It's probably my favorite (non-indie) PC game this year so far. I'm sure it'll see deeper sale in the Winter

(There have been better games out on consoles though)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

tag youre fat posted:

What's Mad Max like? It's €5 on bundlestars

Its like Batman: Mad Max. It's actually good but hamstringed by some tedious (optional) open-world stuff that is easy to bore you to death, but just rail through the main story only and go have fun. It also looks gorgeous as gently caress and runs on voodoo magic that makes everything on ultra max silky smooth.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Please do not give money to Gearbox

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Junior Jr. posted:

Jesus christ, I've never been so PUMPED for this year! I want to go BIG and grab the Resident Evil 7 deluxe edition but Steam and PayPal's traffic is going bananas and I pray to god the price goes EVEN LOWER!

So I've got RE7 and the DeadRising triple bundle in my cart, does anyone have good recommendations for action, shooter, or story games? I don't want to go overbudget though.

It sucks Friday the 13th and the new Dishonored are at full price.
?? No it's not. Dishonored 2 is 50% off for $20 buck a roos and a steal

Also uh, new Hitman, Prey, Metro 2033/Last Light, Stalker, Doom 4, Wolfenstein The New Order, Resident Evil 4, Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry Blood Dragon, etc etc?

Also prices won't go any lower than they are now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

strategery posted:

#Refined my list. I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.
Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon.
Yes Hollow Knight + Hyperlight is must buy.

Personally, I did not like Gungeon very much but it's a very dividing game, some people love it to death, some people really don't like it. You will hear both opinions very loudly so ymmv and I think you just need to decide for yourself one way or another. I think it makes way too many unforgiving sloggy mistakes (awful starting gun that it encourages you to use as long as possible due to low ammo drops and needing to conserve ammo; replaying the first level with that piece of poo poo starting gun is largely unfun as gently caress; enemies tend to just get more bullet-spongy; and often your runs is determined if you get a good weapon early or not which is all RNG).

I had a lot of fun with it once I loaded up CheatEngine and boosted drop rates considerably and few other tweaks though so there is definitely a very good game there. IDK if things have been patched to be better or not so this was awhile ago. So uhh, just be prepared to load up CE incase you don't like it and doesn't click with you, because you can actually have fun with it if you do, but if it clicks with you then no need and great!

But I just bought Salt and Sanc so I can't comment if that's a better game or not.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Lots. Borderlands' art style is 100% lifted from a guy Gearbox contacted about a job (but was never hired). They later stole more art by copy + pasting some Olly Moss work in Borderlands 2's packaging.

The face of their company is Randy Pitchford, a skeezy video game used car salesman who funneled Sega money intended for the development of their Alien game into other projects. He repeatedly stated the Alien game was a passion project for Gearbox, then when it came out and was thoroughly awful he said it was actually outsourced, and threw the outside studios under the bus.

He later saw the popularity of people getting horny over Overwatch characters and tried to drum up interest in Battleborn by pointing out that some people had drawn erotic fan art for the game. That's not especially terrible, but it is pathetic and represents how he runs the company.

Not to mention:
-Pre Sequel was a garbage cash in with the lowest effort possible and nothing much redeeming about it (and I actually liked Borderlands 2!)
-Buying up IPs like Homeworld just to dump em out since they can't make a good game themselves
-Buying up Bulletstorm IP, removing the old $5 version from Steam and putting in their own "Full Clip Edition" which now costs $40 real earth dollars, and all they did was add a Duke Nukem skin or something stupid. Bulletstorm is too good of a game to let Gearbox put their grimy paws all over it
-Partnering with noted russian-mafia Steam key scamsite, G2A to "presale" noted Bulletstorm Full Clip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Junior Jr. posted:

GODDAMMIT I REALLY WANT Resident Evil 7 right now! But it's still $60 on sale and it's going to kill my wallet for sure. Any chance will this go lower or do I have to wait it out next year?

It's on sale for $36 dude

Steam checkout is a little wonky losing prices but just wait a few hours for it to settle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

my back pages posted:

Thanks!

We played Broforce and found it was a bit "much." We played Hammerwatch as well and found it neat enough. We've never played Risk of Rain--I'll check it out!
Honestly Risk of Reign is not a good game. It punishes you heavily for taking your time and chilling out exploring things and makes it so you just have to rush the exits for the most part or else you get swarmed and die. If you like a game where you can take your time, avoid it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shadow225 posted:

:siren: :siren: LOCAL CO-OP EFFORT POST :siren: :siren:

Everything is in no particular order except the one section where I note as such. Be sure to give me some feedback/suggestions if you see I missed one of your favorites!

The Holy Grail:
How could you forget SPELUNKY??

It's also $2!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Junior Jr. posted:

Quick question, is Hollow Knight just a ripoff of Shovel Knight?

Another quick question, is Shovel Knight cheaper and should I pick that up instead?
Nopem not at all.

Hollow Knight is cheaper @ $10 and it's real good. It's more of a beautiful (and sad) metroidvania and easily top 3. Must have

Shovel Knight is real good too but it's more like an NES action-platformer while actually looking drat good. It's $20 for the Treasure Trove (worth it imo) edition but I feel HK was the most standout mind-blowingly good game in terms of something that I'll fondly remember many years later.

e: In case it wasn't clear, get both. Very different games and both excellent. If you're scrounging for dimes in the couch right now, just get HK and get SK some other sale.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 22, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Avasculous posted:

Any opinions on Steamworld Heist?

It's very good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Substandard posted:

Hey all.. I have some questions...

If I'm looking at either Dead Cells or Hollow Knight , which is the better choice? Neither has a great discount, so I'll probably grab one and wait for the next sale on the other.

Also, is there anything of value in the Fallout 4 Season Pass? I hate not getting all of the content, but $15 for the base game vs like $40+ for the bundle with the DLC seems brutal and the reviews are decidedly negative.
Hollow Knight easily

Dead Cells is great but is EA and has about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of bosses and levels still to come (it ends as soon as you beat the second boss). The rest of the game (combat, performance, weapons, etc) and everything is solid and fully fleshed out but still, probably best to experience in all its complete glory. Put it on your wishlist and check back next sale (or two).

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Samuringa posted:

Seraph is a very repetitive game with lacklusters upgrades(Things like "1% More Attack" or "2% Chance of Critical Hits"), shooting that's mostly garbage(Aside from a pretty good shotgun but it's hard to screw up a shotgun) and a story that goes nowhere - literally, as when you beat the last boss you get to make a choice and no matter what you choose it just skips to the credits. The dev said the story wasn't the main draw of the game so he doesn't care about it.. So if you do get invested into the logs, angels & demons and whatever is up with the protag, too bad. Skip it.

I have to agree with this. I initially liked Seraph and its a pretty cool and slick looking and feeling game with sort of a 2D Bayonetta flow and feeling to it, which is actually almost as good as it sounds, but the levels are repetitive, the "mission" for each level are loving repetitive and boring as ever loving poo poo, story is stupid and goes no where, and theres really not enough variety in enemies either. Pass

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

So here's a doozy for y'all.

Hollow Knight or Hyper Light Drifter?

Hollow Knight imo. It's also goon-dev'd so support your local goon-devvs

Both both are very good and just depends on what you want. Do you want a Metroid or do you want an uhh pretty drat challenging finese action-game? Personally I enjoyed the fun slow burn of a fairly relaxing Metroid game and gorgeous graphics. HLD is stylized but it's still pixel art and can be frustrating at times.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I always hear the same ol spiel about sales being worse, so I just downloaded the peak sale discounts and listed out which ones are same, which are actually best new sale % discount, and which ones are worse % discount (<5% or >5% difference).

I guess one of the issues with worse or even same, is that perhaps the base price has dropped so they are cheaper but you really just don't know. If there was an easy way to get lowest historical price of most Steam games I'd go with that but w/e I didn't want to put in more than 5 minutes of effort.

e: I was lazy with the limited subset of games, here is complete list (i.e. any game that is on sale >10%, rating >80% = 2311 games sample). The previous graph only had 533 games since I was limiting it more.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 23, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

tight aspirations posted:

We used to have publisher packs and regional gifting, which made things a lot cheaper.
Publisher packs were actually quite bad (unless you were brand spankin' new to Steam) because if you owned even 1 (or sometimes 2) of the games, they weren't worth it (unless maybe you really really wanted to play every single game in there, which probably not). Steam didn't introduce dynamic pricing on Packs until last year(?) where if you had already owned a game, its price was reduced. Previously they would just disappear into the void and you'd eat the cost.

Also regional gifting is a pretty niche thing amongst a small subset of goon-friends even.

I'm not going to say defend Sales that much, after all 20% of the games do worse discounts with >5% difference. But 35% are the same as they've been before and 33% are new peak discounts so that's pretty good. Also yeah sales are much less fun now but alas. Buying video games for less is always good no matter what.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tenzarin posted:

I'm on the fence about getting Prey nice to hear some negatives about it.
buy, play for 1.5 hrs, refund if you dont like it.

Personally I find the complaints about combat weird and never had a problem, at least not in that it detracted from the game. Sure, its not Doom or Wolfenstein or Metro, but I thought it was fairly "good", and serviceable at the very worst. If someone can get through Bioshock 1/2/Infinte/SS2/HL2/deus ex/dishonoreds/whatever today, they'll have no problem getting through Prey's combat since its better than many that came before.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

my back pages posted:

I enjoyed everything about the Enter the Gungeon EXCEPT the very last bit of the game for each character. Without spoilers, though, if that's the problem you're running into though, it's probably worth the price.

Okay, so, I scoured the steam sale last night when I got home and couldn't find a game that matches sorta what I'm looking for:
Me and my friend like to play coop games online (pubg, hots, wow, dota, overwatch, terraria, minecraft, factorio, etc.). We're looking for a new game, more focused on exploration and such than just running through levels this time around. We've beaten Terraria and both loved it. We recently "beat" Minecraft story stuff. We've beaten Don't Starve Together and Factorio and we've played a few times through Starbound. We're not too concerned with potential difficulty issues as we're both generally pretty good. Neither of us have any VR hardware, so that's out already. A hosted server style gmae is okay (a la Factorio, Starbound, Minecraft, Terraria) as are more MMO-style games (WoW) provided they aren't too grindy (ArcheAge).

We were considering Ark, but the negative reviews dissuaded us; we were also considering Astroneer but the game's incompleteness dissuaded us. Anyone have any suggestions for us? So far Risk of Rain is looking to be the most likely option.
I'd give Ark a try. I dunno why it has a lot of negative reviews as I haven't played it in about 2 years but playing on a PvE or mixed PvE-Pvp zoned server with a friend dicking around with dinos and poo poo and building bases flying around on pterodactyls was a lot of fun. Though there really isnt an end-game or anything besides just building better and cooler poo poo.

There is also 7 Days to Die which again i haven't played in several years but it was a lot of fun with friends awhile back. They've added a lot of poo poo since then too and supposedly even better now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

StrixNebulosa posted:

One I have played: Hollow Knight. Dark Souls/Metroidvania/bugs, honestly one of the best purchases I made this sale.

i loving love HK and it's easily my indie goty, butI don't think Dark Souls has any real weight in that comparison and gets thrown around WAY too much. Other than corpse runs which are the worst part of the game.

also yes the correct answer is buy a used PS4 and get Bloodborne. it is so loving good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lethemonster posted:

I adore anything with city building or similar development gameplay and am looking to find some new stuff. I have the Anno games, Cities: Skylines, Sim City, Banished and Stardew Valley. I tried the games where you run a banana republic but they didnt grab me for some reason.

I thought Hearthlands looked good but wanted to check if anyone thought it was garbage. I was also considering Northgaard?

If anyone would recommend either of those or any other city building/sim games that would be great.

Idk you seem to have the cream of the crops. I cant imagine you've got sick of them, those should all last like 200+ hrs each. I actually had to stop playing Anno 1404/C:S because it just ate so much time and is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

suuma posted:

You can probably ditch Bad Company 2, too. I doubt it's very active anymore.

Honestly agreed. Bad Company 2i s my alltime favorite multiplayer game, but its pretty loving dead except for a hardcore holdout of incestuous playerbase (like many old games by now). i mean if you really want to play singleplayer or w/e which was OK but not great, sure I guess.

I would also say skip Megabyte Punch. And possibly ditch Dust, its a competent metroidvania but its story is cringe anime as gently caress, if you asked last year i'd say yeah go for it since its generally fun, but you already have Hollow Knight which is loving amazing

• Locked thread