Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Is anybody already planning on buying Shovel Knight during this sale? If so, I wonder if you could do me a favor. I have a Steamgift copy of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove that I know I'll likely never play. I really want Night In The Woods, which isn't on sale, but is the same price as SK right now. If someone would be willing to buy/gift me a copy of NITW then I'll be happy to give them SK, plus kick them a couple of free Humble game codes for their trouble. I have Kentucky Route 0, Steamworld Heist, Invisible Inc., Nuclear Throne and a bunch of other stuff (though these are the ones that seem like the best to me). So same money spent on your part, but more games.

If a mod or others think this isn't kosher for this thread then just let me know and I'll happily move it. The Steam trades thread is just dead as poo poo and this seemed like the best place otherwise.

On another note, does anyone have recommendations for exploration heavy games? I love digging around and finding secrets and hidden stuff. I've played Hyper Light Drifter and loved it, for example. My laptop is old and clunky, so new and graphics intensive stuff like Prey is out. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Seriously? That's funny because I have that in inventory and hadn't redeemed it! I think I thought it was a different type of game or something. Will definitely check it out. Is there a significant difference between the two versions?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

Gamerofthegame posted:

Guacamelee, Hollow Knight and Ori are all in a fierce competition for "best metroidvania on steam" and each really depends on what you want out of one. Combat, exploration or platforming.

(Not so say guacamelee doesn't have its own crazy/obnoxious platforming, but it's not a mandatory escape sequence. :V)

Yeah, Hollow Knight was definitely on my shortlist. The added bonus of it being a Goon-made game is a nice selling point for me too. I thought I read that they fixed the most egregious issues with those sequences in Ori. Have I got that wrong, cause that's one I've had my eye on too?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Can anybody give me some feedback on system requirements for The Sexy Brutale? The game looks great and it's on my list to buy for the sale, but even though it doesn't look like it would be that performance intensive, the listed system requirements are surprisingly high. At least compared to the old laptop I use for gaming. I've been able to get surprisingly good performance in the past with games that I shouldn't be able to run, but it's really inconsistent. Anyone have success playing on a lower end system?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
So this game called QUOTE turned up in my queue today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/432890/Quote/

It's an ARPG thingy with hand-drawn graphics. It's EA, which I know is always problematic, but it looks pretty and interesting. Anyone have any experience with it?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Everybody who's looking at Dead Cells, it appears to be 31% off at WinGameStore and you can get an extra 5% with the voucher code pcgames5off. Brings the total to about $11.09 with the code applied.

EDIT - I should mention, this deal appears to be for a Steam key.

EDIT #2 - Deal is dead.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 28, 2017

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

Samuringa posted:

I nabbed a foil card which earned me some extra cash, is there any notable five bucks game that slipt under the radar? I'm considering Sorcery! 1+2 but am wondering if there might be anything I missed.

I haven't seen anyone recommend The Count Lucanor for this sale, so I'm going to throw that out there. Five bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440880/The_Count_Lucanor/

It's kinda niche, but if it's your thing then it's a treat. I loved it. It is, to date, the only game on Steam that I've felt compelled to write a review for, which you can access here, if you so desire.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

Anti-Hero posted:

I really love the aesthetic of Darkest Dungeon, but unsure if it's something I'll really enjoy. I guess the litmus test is, as someone who enjoyed XCOM2 but found it far to stressful and tedious to complete, is DD worth picking up?

I personally love Darkest Dungeon, but the game is very polarizing. I think it really depends on your frame of mind in playing. If you're going to agonize and toil over setbacks and your fight-mans getting skewered constantly then you may struggle with it. In reality though, the game isn't that stressful if you get in the mindset of a ruthless task-master who doesn't blink at tossing his people in the meat grinder. Even with a full party wipe out there is no lose state in the regular game. And you aren't meant to run one party through the whole game. The whole thing is built around forcing you to play like your people are disposable flesh-sacks. I'd recommend watching some fairly recent gameplay videos before buying, if you haven't already. Given the clicky clicky nature of the game, it was pretty easy for me to figure out that I would like it.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Generally speaking, how long does it take after requesting a refund on Steam before the money is returned to your wallet? I'm wondering if I put one in now will the funds will be available before the end of the sale.

Edit - VVVVV Sounds good. Thanks!

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Anybody who missed out when Dead Cells had the bigger drops before, it's currently on sale at Nuuvem for 15% off, plus you can get an additional 20% off from there with discount code SORRYGABE. I just picked it up and the total was $11.52 USD.

• Locked thread