Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What are people's thoughts on Pixel Privateers and how's the co-op in it? It looks interesting and if the co-op gameplay is good then that's even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

-Blackadder- posted:

On a related note I was going to pick up Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, until I discovered that Dragon Ball FighterZ is coming out early next year and is being developed by none other than Arc System Works (of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fame). People are saying the game looks even more insane than Marvel vs Capcom. I can't freaking wait.

Dragon Ball FighterZ and Xenoverse are two entirely different types of games. I put 40-50 hours or so in to the first Xenoverse game and aside from a couple storyline levels being annoying (due to your AI teammates being suicidal when they have to be kept alive) it was fun. Grinding out some of the abilities lets you completely trivialize things, but Xenoverse 2 appears to have made some tweaks to try and balance the playable races better so it's not just "make a saiyan, get ss2, murder everything forever."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

This sounds dope. Speaking of which what are the good Cthulhu games? I already played Call of Cthulhu.

Cthulhu Saves The World. :v:

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, I know they're different. I've just always been more into deep fighters though, I could never get into the UNS series as much as something like MvC, so a 2.5D spectacal fighter developed by Arc System Works is like a dream come true. Would you still recommend Xenoverse 2? I won't get it this sale, but I might keep in my wishlist for when it get's cheap. It's certainly pretty and looks hype.

I haven't played Xenoverse 2 yet due to trying to work my way through an existing backlog (and now Shadows of Mordor) but Xenoverse 1 was overall fun. Xenoverse 1 is also only :10bux: due to being 75% off, but it sounds like Xenoverse 2 is a pretty solid improvement on the first game. I'm sure someone here has played it and can give their thoughts on Xenoverse 2.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dr Strangepants posted:

I use these sales to get classic games that I've never played. Dungeon Siege I through III is only $4 total. Are they worth playing?

I never got around to BioShock Infinite - is $7.50 the lowest it's been? Is the season pass worth it?

Any other suggestions for hot deals on popular games of the last 10 years? (I realize this may be a dumb question, considering the shear magnitude...)

DS1 was good for its time but probably won't hold up well.
DS2 was much better though the Steam version removes multiplayer IIRC, which is a deal killer for me.
DS3 is the reason there's no DS4.

Path of Exile is free to play and I'd say it's better than DS2, let alone DS1 and lol DS3.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

Satellite Reign- another one that looks interesting but I have never heard about.

I played this with friends and it was fun. It took awhile for us to get good at sneaking around but it was a fun game and a bunch of different abilities in it can be used/abused to complete missions in different ways. My personal favorite being mind control cops, security guards, and others to walk through doors to open them for me, or send cops in to a corporation's restricted area, starting a gunfight between them and distracting everyone nearby while I steal tech or do whatever else is needed in the area.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Would you guys recommend Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 enchanced editions? Never played them before. Just looking for some great RPGs ish games

Absolutely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Innerguard posted:

Thoughts? Removals? Recommendations?

Isn't Black Desert Online a kMMORPG? If so either remove that or remove everything else tbh.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

Now that comcast is capping everyone's usage,

I'm not seeing a cap anywhere on my account nor did they send any notification about one being added. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Palladium posted:

Nah, I don't think the demand for AAA RPG shooter hybrids is that much these days when DX:MD which doesn't have a sequel identity crisis problem also sold poorly. I put them with the dead men walking genres like RTSes and MMOs.

I'm not sure what makes you think MMOs are a dead man walking.

• Locked thread