Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJW_ML5aE9E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

I've got owlboy, wuppo, and Ori all in my cart.

Is this too much metroidvania for one event?

I just beat Owlboy and I'm not sure I'd call it a metroidvania. It's sort of a 2d adventure game (can't really call it a platformer, either), but it's totally linear and there's barely any exploration in it.

It's fun enough and looks gorgeous but don't expect it to be a metroidvania.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Xaris posted:

i loving love HK and it's easily my indie goty, butI don't think Dark Souls has any real weight in that comparison and gets thrown around WAY too much. Other than corpse runs which are the worst part of the game.

There's that, but also the way you have to hunt for "bonfires" as you explore. It definitely reminded me of Dark Souls for the first few hours. As you get stronger and you gain more mobility and fast travel options that comparison falls apart, though.

(that said the worst part of the game is backtracking)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Hollow Knight, Ori, or both??

Those 2 are probably the best metroidvanias on Steam.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

He said he wanted a reason not to buy it.

• Locked thread