Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hoping for Dead Cells/Vanquish sales but not sure how likely that will be. Wish Fire Pro launched in this timeframe but oh well, 10 dollah Bayo let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

everybody should get SUPERHOT

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

strategery posted:

#Refined my list. I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon.

Hyperlight Drifter, plus either Hollow Knight/Dead Cells. I feel like getting both of those latter games would be too much roguevania poo poo to handle (same might go for Salt and Sanctuary).

If you want to go even cheaper there's a small indie game called Monolith that came out, it's good and is 8 bux, it's basically Binding of Isaac but with pixel spaceship poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Xaris posted:

buy, play for 1.5 hrs, refund if you dont like it.

Personally I find the complaints about combat weird and never had a problem, at least not in that it detracted from the game. Sure, its not Doom or Wolfenstein or Metro, but I thought it was fairly "good", and serviceable at the very worst. If someone can get through Bioshock 1/2/Infinte/SS2/HL2/deus ex/dishonoreds/whatever today, they'll have no problem getting through Prey's combat since its better than many that came before.

I doubt anyone will be able to form a solid take on Prey after only 1.5 hrs. That being said I think it's fantastic and is the system shock 3 we deserve

Tenzarin posted:

The combat is better than the combat in Bioshock infinite?

the "combat" in bioshock infinite is so braindead and unoriginal that I quit the game early on. "look now you have fire powers" (tosses poo poo that's literally just grenades)

• Locked thread