Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Craptacular! posted:

I have but one wish: Hyper Light Drifter.

It's a good game. I could see it hit 50% off again like it did back in March, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Is Square-Enix doing something fishy with their prices or has Final Fantasy IX always inexplicably been 20.99? :raise:

Been that way since April 2016.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Glare Seethe posted:

I'm thinking about this one too but it's worth mentioning BundleStars is selling it with all DLC for $5. Probably worth the extra buck? Dunno.

Steam version is GOTY for $4 so includes all the dlc.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Xander77 posted:

My first instinct is still to go "join the Gift Train!"

Except we don't have one. gently caress you Gaben. What was the point of this lovely gifting change?

In other depressing (yet predictable) news, Trails in the Sky 3 is only down 10%.

Come the gently caress on. Second Chapter PC port flopped hard. Do some discounts, get the word out.

We have a gift train. It's just more complicated.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824602

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

My couch co-op game write-up:

Buy Duck Game

Play Duck Game

Quack

Listen to this space duck. He can teach you things like quacking in a higher pitch

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

Haven't played 1 yet...or Demon's Souls for that matter. I heard they're supposed to be drat good so I'm just getting into them now.

Awesome! posted:

might as well start with 1

if you have the ps3 set up then demons is still very good and playable but you dont need to play it first

Just remember to grab DSFix if you play 1 'cause otherwise it runs at really low internal resolution.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

staplegun posted:

Tales of Berseria has been getting some good reviews, is there any important continuity between all the "Tales of X" games or would it be fine to just jump in with that game?

Teeeeeechnically Berseria is related to Zesteria but Berseria is a prequel 1,000+ years in the past so continuity isn't really important.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 23, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

strategery posted:

Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks. Im only spending 30 bucks.

gently caress

Those are all good games (well afterbith and stuff is questionable due to difficulty if this is your first time playing binding of isaac but whatever) so your wallet is just gonna have to deal and it didn't even dip into hitman yet.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Invader Zym posted:

How well do these games play with mouse and keyboard:

NieR: Automata
Watch_Dogs 2
Steep

If they need a controller, I'd rather just play them on console.

Nier plays much better with a game pad.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

I decided to try my luck on the gmg loot box. Every game I got is either broken and abandoned by the dev, a mobile port, a bad early access game, or somehow all three.

So enjoy the keys I guess?

PULSECHARGE: RGQRQ-PGLBL-8HIKL

NIKOPOL: KMD9T-AZ6K7-0E5KV

D GENERATION HD: LH8C2-57CJM-W0K7E

NORTH: 38FBA-BF0HD-D2MIT

ONIKIRA DEMON KILLER STEAM: 5TR32-XTKRZ-V5B5G

HEROLIKE STEAM: VET7H-9WGNT-LP744

SURVIVAL DRIVER STEAM: 6JID7-Y2FKV-5VKW5

CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED: WC3VI-YKXCC-78LEL

AIRSHIP ASUNDER: 4IJPI-3HY0G-L59XI

SUPER BOMB RUSH: FQP2J-DITER-ATWKB

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Deformed Church posted:

Have any good Diablo style ARPGs come out that I might have missed over the past ~six months? Or should I just reinstlal path of exile and hope it doesn't take too much offense to my lovely lovely internet?

Well Grim Dawn still exists. Titan Quest got redone for modern systems/resolutions and bug fix patches finished in March. There's that Van Helsing game but it's been around for a couple years. Diablo 3 still exists and the necromancer is coming out/just came out. That Median XL Mod to Diablo 2 had a huge update a couple months ago.

edit: Victor Vran, knew I forgot one of them. Glad Palpek brought it up.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 25, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Wow, recent reviews on the Pillars of Eternity page are raging about a price hike prior to the sale. Isthereanydeal.com showed the standard $45 price for months (sans a random sale here and there) for months leading up to the Steam summer sale. Was it raised in other countries and not the US?

Paradox raised DLC prices in a lot of countries besides the US a month or so before the sale. They walked it back but aren't reducing the prices until after the sale is over.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

-Blackadder- posted:

Well that was a fun sale, got a lot of stuff.

How'd everyone else do?

Had fun riding the gift train like five times and also picked up Hitman and a few other things I've been wanting to check out. Gift train handled most everything else and I'm set until Prey drops to like $15 or something.

edit: Like I'll probably want to pick up the necrodancer dlc, dead cells, maybe brigador, and maybe the sexy brutale too at some point but think I'm good for awhile.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Too Shy Guy posted:

I was just going to pick up like 6 little indie games for $10 but then I threw Dead Cells on top of the pile and I think I'm just going to play that for eternity.

Good choice. I have to plow through all the other metroidvanias and platfomers though before I can okay myself buying Dead Cells. Stuff like Hollow Knight, Owl Boy, Axiom Verge, Momodora 4/whatever the latest one is, possibly Grow Up, some Shantae games, etc.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

If we're actually posting what we got I guess I can do a low effort version of that.

Spent: Roughly $230.

Bought for myself:

Hitman 2016
Detention
Stronghold Crusader HD
Kindred Spirits on the Roof
OneShot
Subnautica

Gifts Sent out

Dawn of War 1 Master Collection & Dragon's dogma (gift train 1)
Hollow Knight, You Must Build a Boat, & MGR: Revengeance (gift train 2)
Dishonored 2 (gift train 3)
The Consuming Shadow & Wuppo (gift train 4)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd (gift train 5)
Disgaea 1 and 2 PC (Gifted to a friend)
Ittle Dew 2 (Gifted to a different friend)

Gifts Received:

Tales of Berseria (Gift from a friend)
Inside & Event[0] (Gift Train 1)
Owlboy, Slime-San, & Hollow Knight (Gift Train 2)
Tyranny (Gift Train 3)
Way of the Samurai 4 (Gift Train 4)
Westerado: Double Barreled, Wuppo, Dungeon Warfare, & The House in Fata Morganna Deluxe (Gift Train 5)

$30 wasted on a very dumb thing:

Two GMG lootboxes, one at 30 games, one at 10 games. I was a fool. Threw the keys out to anyone who wanted them on the internet somewhere. Don't really remember where.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not seeing a cap anywhere on my account nor did they send any notification about one being added. :confused:

For Comcast Go to Devices it's usually in there near the bottom with the bar graph of data usage over the past few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Chump Farts posted:

I've never heard of WinGameStore, but the is there a deal website found out it has HOI 4 for 16 bucks. Is the website legitimate?

They're just MacGameStore's sister site. They're legit.

• Locked thread