Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

Conversely, do buy it, if it interests you and the price is right.

It's pretty janky and repetitive, but the shooting is fun and the soundtrack, atmosphere, and writing are all pretty on point. It's a AA game with AAA aspirations and should've probably been marketed and priced as such, but it's not without merit.

Agreed on all counts. I'd give it like a 7.5.

My one serious complaint is the lack of quick travel. Nothing annoys me more than a game that doesn't respect a player's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Shadow225 posted:

Shadow Tactics sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I can get into it. I'd rather wait and make a less expensive mistake.

It's got a demo if you want to check it out.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

- Mafia 3: Same as above?

Mafia 3 would have been an excellent 8 hour game. Sadly it's 25 hours long or so.

Great characters, good graphics and sound design but between the painfully repetitive gameplay and the lack of fast travel it's a game that seems to hold the player's time in complete contempt.

• Locked thread