Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I noticed Sniper Elite 3 for $6, which seems pretty great for a recent well-regarded game.

EDIT: Ha, whoops. I was thinking 3 was the new one, didn't realize it was 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Zore posted:

What is wrong with Gearbox?

I have never bought any of their poo poo or paid any attention to them.

Lots. Borderlands' art style is 100% lifted from a guy Gearbox contacted about a job (but was never hired). They later stole more art by copy + pasting some Olly Moss work in Borderlands 2's packaging.

The face of their company is Randy Pitchford, a skeezy video game used car salesman who funneled Sega money intended for the development of their Alien game into other projects. He repeatedly stated the Alien game was a passion project for Gearbox, then when it came out and was thoroughly awful he said it was actually outsourced, and threw the outside studios under the bus.

He later saw the popularity of people getting horny over Overwatch characters and tried to drum up interest in Battleborn by pointing out that some people had drawn erotic fan art for the game. That's not especially terrible, but it is pathetic and represents how he runs the company.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

This isn't exactly related to the Steam sale, but if you're adding games to your cart and budgeting like me, it's worth noting: The Diablo 3 Necromancer DLC comes out next week for $15. I had no clue.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Kin posted:

Someone tell me something horribly annoying about Dark Souls 3. I'm on the verge of buying it but have a load of good games in my backlog already.

It's not as focused as 1 or as mechanically interesting as 2. I honestly feel like they attempted to cram a number of Bloodborne elements in the Dark Souls 1 formula without fully considering how well they would fit. Enemies move faster and more aggressively but the player's toolset isn't expanded to react to those changes in a meaningful way.

It's definitely worth playing at some point if you like the series, but I wouldn't make it a priority.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Shadow225 posted:

Dark Souls 3 and Bioshock Infinite are fine if you are a fan of either franchise. Don't buy into the goon hyperbole.

They're flawed games. I played through both and enjoyed them overall, but they definitely have issues that could ruin the experience if you care enough about the impacted parts.

EDIT: If someone says they're total trash, though, that is silly.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread