Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

Tides of Numeria y/n

I love the old Planescape

I was not a fan but I didn't give it nearly enough time (maybe 2-3 hours) to have any reasonable basis for my opinion. It's very wordy - moreso than I remember Planescape being, and definitely more than PoE. And I felt like the player's introduction to the setting didn't flow as well as it did in Planescape, which is a problem because the setting is so alien and plays heavily into the gameplay mechanics.

It looks nice though, and I really liked the character creation system(gimmick) they used. Honestly I'd probably wait for a more informed opinion than mine to base your decision off of. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Drakensang is only $2.49 which is a crazy steal if you like PC RPGs like Dragon Age etc. Slightly janky but I liked it a lot.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

raditts posted:

Is the Steam Link worth it for $15? I usually have no problem with latency when Steam streaming my wireless laptop to wired PCs at home, but hooking things up is often a pain in the rear end when visiting friends or family. Reviews seem to be mixed over whether it's unbearably laggy or no lag at all.

I've only heard terrible things about it when it's used over WiFi. I love it but I've got everything on Ethernet.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

gmq posted:

Any super engrossing game I should buy before the sale ends? Games that make me want to finish them to find out what's going on. I'm not picky about the genre, I'll play anything but the story should be part of the game, so a Bejeweled clone with story dumps between levels wouldn't really work.

Examples: NieR (the first, the sequel is still too expensive for me), Kotor, Undertale, the first couple of Mass Effect games. Bad example: Hollow Knight (great game but not what I'm looking for since the plot is really vague).

Firewatch? I picked it up a couple of days ago and enjoyed it. It's pretty much a walking simulator / guided exploration game but the story and atmosphere is pretty compelling. You'll beat it in around 4 hours though.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Humble Monthly's preview games just showed up and they're NBA 2k17 and Pillars of Eternity, which is an interesting combo.

$12 gets you those plus some mystery games in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

I've never heard of WinGameStore, but the is there a deal website found out it has HOI 4 for 16 bucks. Is the website legitimate?

They're fine and legit, but be prepared for a slight (an hour or two) delay before you get your Steam key.

• Locked thread