Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Palpek posted:

I would totally get Far Cry Primal but Horizon Zero Dawn already scratched that itch hard lately and there's no way Primal holds up in comparison.

If Mass Effect: Andromeda drops I'd get it just to make a Write-up but I doubt it drops low enough.

Far Cry Primal was fun, but it was short as hell. I somehow accidentally stumbled upon the ultimate weapon like 10 hours in to the game, it made the rest trivial.

Whats a good FPS game not made by Bethesda, because gently caress them not supporting triple screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

Bethesda doesn't really make FPS games (ok ok Fallout is arguable that). They have however published many good ones. Prey, Wolfenstein TNO/TOB, and Doom are all real good. I'm also sure you've played Metro 2033 + Last Light, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, etc etc?

Went through both metro, doom is still problematic on triple screen. Forgot about the new Prey. I have Fallout 4 but it doesn't do ultrawide for poo poo without a ton of file hacks and gently caress that.

e: is the OG dishonored worth picking up?

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 22, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

Triple Screen is some pretty niche poo poo man. I dont think you can get too mad at a developer for not supporting it, at least at this point. I'm sure it would be nice (I only play games on 1 monitor despite a dual-monitor setup, and will probably continue to do so until i die) for those that do, but it just seems like a weird thing to be mad at. Even TB's 30fps brigade makes more sense for the general populace :shrug:

And yeah, Dishonored 1 is real good. Especially if you like Deus Ex, Thief, etc like games. It's an amazing setting, good story, and full of little things in a fleshed out world. It's also super cheap now I'm sure.

That's the thing. So many other games support it that it makes no sense for one of the bigger companies around to just absolutely ignore it.

Bethesda is the only game maker that has burned me. Every game I've bought while using triple screen has worked perfectly until I got to Fallout 4. Then come to find out that basically no Bethesda games work properly on triple screen, so now I do my research.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Far cry primal sucks, blood dragon is where it's at!!

Ah right, ignore my previous post on primal, I was thinking of blood dragon. I think I'm gonna reinstall that and play it again this weekend.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Junior Jr. posted:

DOOM is totally worth it for the campaign and arcade modes ALONE, you'll have a good time with that. Also DOOM 3 BFG is pretty good if you don't want to waste extra cash on buying all 3 DOOM games separately...unless you're into DosBox.

I'd also recommend Dishonored, the Poker Night games, Shadow Warrior, and Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is only 25% off :(

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zore posted:

It only matters for some regions. Basically Russia/Brazil etc got their prices jacked up a few days ago and they're reverting it after public outcry.

Didn't another company do something similar last year to the same sort of backlash?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Someone suggested Darkest Dungeon to me a while back. Games looks hella tedious, is this a proper view?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It is in fact super-duper-hella tedious, but you can change some values in some text files and 100% remove the grind so you only have to actually play the game and not re-re-re-play the game to get more mats.

Once you completely remove the need to farm gold or heirloom (by adding a 9 to the front of gems' values and setting the exchange on all heirlooms to 9-for-1 so you can create infinite and full-upgrade your town), the actual dungeon-delving parts are hella fun.

Then once you get sick of missing/not actually getting your dots, you can change the hit/infect chance %'s by raising them 100% each so they actually land on the level 3 monsters.

I'm more of a jump in, play for an hour, go do something else type of games. My attention span and ability to have to spend an hour prepping to play the game is long gone. Suggestions?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Can I play Prey on easy so I can actually beat the game and enjoy it? Difficult games make no sense to me, no other media/art in the world does that. There's no "you can't look at the bottom half of the Mona Lisa until you beat this nearby ring-toss carnival game"

:( thanks goons. Guess it's back to Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy. No AAA concensus GOTY for me, just fun walking simulators and RPGs that I like and enjoy.

This is the philosophy I've developed over the years also. I play games usually on easy/normal to get through the story. If I want to slam my dick in a door for a couple hours I'll just go play xcom, I buy games for the story not to make me angry.

e: probably only pick up a couple sub 10 dollar games this time around. Necromancers come out Tuesday so Blizz gets another 15 bucks from me, and Battletech is growing ever closer to release.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just curious but what was being abused by refunds that made them take it out? I mean I'm perfectly fine with not having to be online at the right moment to get a game for it's lowest price.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ended up picking up Darkest Dungeon. Can I still get that file ?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Almost ready to return a bunch of the games I bought because almost none of them work properly at my resolution. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Basically.

• Locked thread